The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2010

Send a message via AIM to philipgar
Videos from the madison show

I apparently went a little overboard with taking videos at the show, but I doubt people would complain. I tried getting the new and rare songs the most, so what follows are links to the videos I took. Had I really thought about it, I should have brought a tripod and just taped the whole thing or something, of course I don't know if I have enough memory on my card for that.

In The Canyon
In The Eyes of Sarah Jane
My Sleepless Nights
Need You Tonight
Everybody Knows
Big City Snow
DC Blues

Phil
Old 05-22-2010

Location: The Magic Fingers Massage Parlor at Manchester & Main
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipgar View Post
I apparently went a little overboard with taking videos at the show, but I doubt people would complain. I tried getting the new and rare songs the most, so what follows are links to the videos I took. Had I really thought about it, I should have brought a tripod and just taped the whole thing or something, of course I don't know if I have enough memory on my card for that.

In The Canyon
My Sleepless Nights
Need You Tonight
Everybody Knows
Big City Snow
DC Blues

Phil
Thanks Phil - that was terrific!

Last edited by Icehaid : 05-22-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2010
Vibey-ness

Send a message via MSN to Truscott Send a message via Yahoo to Truscott
Great stuff, Phil! Thanks!
Old 05-23-2010

Absolutely brilliant! And those new songs sound amazing!!! Thanks Phil and Gary!!!!
Old 05-23-2010
Jimmy's guitar sound...

Send a message via MSN to Calexico Send a message via Yahoo to Calexico
Cheers Phil. Great tunes and nice video too.

EDIT: Actually, very well shot video. Steady and captures the song. Good stuff. Those new songs are good too. Love to hear them on a record.

Scrobbler

Last edited by Calexico : 05-23-2010 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-23-2010
Secretary to the spirits

Excellent work, Phil--thanks very much!
Old 05-23-2010
semi-retired, fully wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipgar View Post

In The Canyon
My Sleepless Nights
Need You Tonight
Everybody Knows
Big City Snow
DC Blues

Phil

Great job Phil. Still get chills when I listen to "Everybody Knows" - it was a great honor to catch two performances of that song in 24 hours.
Old 05-23-2010

Do you think this new VH1/adult contemporary style/material is a conscious effort to increase success? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I wish all these guys millions in sales. I'm just wondering. Many of the lyrical themes here are cliches, such as "guiding light", "lonely days and sleepless nights", etc.

Last edited by Pillow Pants : 05-23-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-23-2010
Fast driving Jennerbug!!!

Send a message via AIM to girl incognito1
Gotta watch this via my laptop tomrrow!!!
My Blog
My Business Website
Old 05-23-2010
Haggischomper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants View Post
Do you think this new VH1/adult contemporary style/material is a conscious effort to increase success? I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, I wish all these guys millions in sales. I'm just wondering. Many of the lyrical themes here are cliches, such as "guiding light", "lonely days and sleepless nights", etc.
Time for you to pack it in and move on to other music, fella. Clearly, you are unhappy listening to this type of music so one has to wonder why you even bother when you derive little pleasure from it. Of course, you DO seem to derive a lot of pleasure from telling us about how crap you think it is which gives the rest of us a little inkling into your mental state - twisted, bitter, pathetic, sad and, yes, forlorn are all words that spring to mind.

I think it is finally time for us to stage an intervention here as life is short and this IS just music, after all, and hardly worth the worry that you give it. Please, Pillow Pants, save yourself - move on to music that makes you happy. You are getting up there in years now so go on, make an honest woman of your girlfriend, write on music boards about the stuff that moves you, that you you are passionate about - hell, write those wilderness books or whatever. There is nothng for you to gain here anymore so why waste precious time - go now, free yourself from these shackles and be happy. Goodbye Pillow Pants.
Old 05-23-2010

The videos are pretty sweet.

My Tunes
Old 05-23-2010
Haggischomper

Yes they are!
Old 05-23-2010

Location: The Magic Fingers Massage Parlor at Manchester & Main
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggischomper View Post
Time for you to pack it in and move on to other music, fella. Clearly, you are unhappy listening to this type of music so one has to wonder why you even bother when you derive little pleasure from it. Of course, you DO seem to derive a lot of pleasure from telling us about how crap you think it is which gives the rest of us a little inkling into your mental state - twisted, bitter, pathetic, sad and, yes, forlorn are all words that spring to mind.

I think it is finally time for us to stage an intervention here as life is short and this IS just music, after all, and hardly worth the worry that you give it. Please, Pillow Pants, save yourself - move on to music that makes you happy. You are getting up there in years now so go on, make an honest woman of your girlfriend, write on music boards about the stuff that moves you, that you you are passionate about - hell, write those wilderness books or whatever. There is nothng for you to gain here anymore so why waste precious time - go now, free yourself from these shackles and be happy. Goodbye Pillow Pants.
Perfect eulogy, Haggy.

May Glacier-boy exist in eternal turmoil on a Roger Waters board deep in hell.
Old 05-23-2010
VILE

Quote:
Time for you to pack it in and move on to other music, fella.
Epic, sir. EPIC.

There's a reason why I don't frequent Wilco boards these days. I would be another PP there. But of course, the difference is I'd be RIGHT!
Old 05-23-2010

Quote:
Time for you to pack it in and move on to other music, fella.

I don't think so. I still enjoy RFTF, some of what Louris writes and the work of Mark Olson and Tim. What I have found myself moving away from,and what Gary has moved to, is this very easy listening adult-lite sound. My tastes have not changed at all over time, but Gary has certainly changed from writing edgy, rockin' alternative music to this style IMHO.

The name of this fourm is "Jayhawksfanpage", and I am a fan of that alternative rock band and its members. The stuff Gary is writing now is about as far away from the Jayhawks as it could be.

Perhaps your point would be more valid if this were the Gary Louris solo forum, but it's not.

Last edited by Pillow Pants : 05-24-2010 at 11:42 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: