The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-10-2011
semi-retired, fully wired

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubacheck View Post
...also: the Jayhawks facebook page has added the HSBG event as being at 2:00.... but when you click on that link, it says 2:00-5:00, and you know they're not playing for 3 hours..... so I guess they're playing sometime within that timeframe??

Set times still haven't been announced. The 2-5 listing on FB is the default since the app won't let you enter an event without a time. Just one of the many fun things about FB!
Old 09-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacred roots View Post
Set times still haven't been announced. The 2-5 listing on FB is the default since the app won't let you enter an event without a time. Just one of the many fun things about FB!
just as one of the many fun things about Hardly Strictly is that they take forever to announce set times.... I went last year, and it was the same thing.... of course, it's a free festival, so it's hard to get annoyed about it, but it is coming up soon and i'd kinda like to get the basic framework of MY schedule planned out......
Old 09-23-2011

sched is out, Jayhawks at 5:45 on sunday, closing the "Rooster" stage.... but damnit man, they're up against Gomez, another band I wanna see.....
Old 09-24-2011

Send a message via AIM to philipgar
Quote:
sched is out, Jayhawks at 5:45 on sunday, closing the "Rooster" stage.... but damnit man, they're up against Gomez, another band I wanna see.....
I have my sunday night schedule fine, as I want to see the Jayhawks, it's saturday that I'm not sure of. They put Steve Earle, the Flatlanders and Robert Earl Keen all up at the same time!!!

Phil
Old 09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipgar View Post
I have my sunday night schedule fine, as I want to see the Jayhawks, it's saturday that I'm not sure of. They put Steve Earle, the Flatlanders and Robert Earl Keen all up at the same time!!!

Phil
this is the second year in a row they've put Steve Earle and Robert Earl on at the same time....
Old 09-24-2011
Dog Whisperer

I'm going to this festival! I had "use em or loose em" air line miles, and decided to go to this when I saw the Jayhawks added. Maybe a San Fran FanPage meet-up?
Old 09-24-2011
Dog Whisperer

Quote:
this is the second year in a row they've put Steve Earle and Robert Earl on at the same time....
That's a no-brainer for me. Robert Earl is the man!!! I love him and he doesn't tour in the North East often, so I don't get to see him a lot. He's also a hell of a nice guy.
Old 09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
That's a no-brainer for me. Robert Earl is the man!!! I love him and he doesn't tour in the North East often, so I don't get to see him a lot. He's also a hell of a nice guy.
oh, don't get me wrong, it's also a no-brainer for me, I'll see REK just like I did last year..... besides, I did just see Steve last month when he came through town..... it's just funny that they've got a similar fanbase, they're both in the fest 2 years in a row and for some reason have been scheduled to play at the same time both years.....
Old 09-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
I'm going to this festival! I had "use em or loose em" air line miles, and decided to go to this when I saw the Jayhawks added. Maybe a San Fran FanPage meet-up?
are you going to the Slims show friday night??
Old 09-25-2011

I also plan on going to slims friday night... maybe we could meet up friday before the show, post HSB? For me, I like REK's music, but the real question is between steve earle, and the flatlanders. I love both their stuff, although I think i'm more likely to see steve earle later on, as he tours a lot. the flatlanders don't play as many shows, so.... Hmm, tough, really tough decisions.

Phil
Old 09-28-2011

shit... I just looked into getting tickets for the show at slims, as I had forgotten, only to find it's sold out already. This show is literally right down the street from my hotel too. I guess I'll have to troll the streets for tickets or something.... Ugh... I cannot believe I did this.

Phil
Old 09-29-2011

I'm Going

I finally pulled the trigger yesterday and got my air and hotel. Lots of bands I've seen so I'll shun most of the them and look for new and pleasant surprises. Not getting in to SFO till 2pm Fri, definitely shooting for Robert Plant. Nuts missing Bill Kirchen.

Sat - I'll take Keen over Earle any day. Wish the Flatlanders weren't at the same time too. Heard good things about Reckless Kelly. Punch Bros - yes. Hugh Laurie (House) might be interesting. Greensky Bluegrass - very good. Ryan Bingham - liked his act at ACL a couple weeks ago.

Sun - Saw the Wronglers With Jimmie Dale Gilmore and Warren Helman, the multi-millionaire that pays for HSBluegrass, last month, and they're not very good. Too bad Jayhawks, Gomez and Emmylou are all at same time. With Plant, Kristofferson, Prine, Fleck etc around, could be quite a jamboree. No doubt Buddy Miller and Patty Griffin will join her and the Red Dirt Boys. Moonalice, with another multi-millionaire funding and playing in the band, Roger McNamee, is good with Barry Sless (Lesh, David Nelson), Pete Sears (Rod Stewart, Jefferson Starship), John Molo (Fogerty, Hornsby).

Will probably be too burnt out and tired of standing, but might go for Chuck Prophet at The Make Out Room Fri or Sat at 7:30. Or Dark Star Orchestra, the excellent Grateful Dead cover band, at Regency Ballroom Sat. And or Dive Bar Dukes at Utah Hotel Saloon or Lisa Hannigan (Damien Rice band) at Slim's on Sun. Maybe just go to Johnny Foley's for their cover band.

Or just relax and watch sports near where I'm staying, the Post Hotel. Probably Steff's on 2nd or Lefty O'Doul's. I'll be the tall guy with the white beard and brown Poco cap. See ya.

Festival with The Wronglers - Aug 28, 2011:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/6792870...376007/detail/

Last edited by Jiff : 09-29-2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old 09-30-2011

I'm in yay!!!!
Old 10-01-2011

All this Jayhawks Concert talk...getting me so excited. Nothing like the thrill of a live show.
Old 10-01-2011

Angeline and Tampa!!!! Will say more later

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: