The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > Jayhawks Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-27-2016

Kafe Antzokia, Bilbao, September 24th, 2016

And the band played "Lies in Black and White"! Yes they did, and they made me a very happy man! Id like to think that they did so because of my request!

It was an awesome night. The Jayhawks are loved in Bilbao as they are in many places, and the crowd showed its love on Saturday night. From the very first song until the very last we sang, clapped, sweated and jumped. And stayed quiet when the time was for SDLR and Angelyne by Gary solo. Amazing!

The tour has come to its end. I have been lucky enough to see them twice -Barcelona and Bilbao-, and honestly, I rate both shows among my best Jayhawks ever. I even tempted my wife to give me a lift - I dont drive- to see them in Aviles last night in their final gig of this tour, but she quickly discouraged me with her eyes.

All in all, great!

Setlist:

-Waiting for the Sun
-Leaving the Monsters Behind
-Trouble
-Stumbling through the Dark
-Quiet Corners
-tampa to Tulsa
-Two Hearts
-Devil is in Her Eyes
-Big Star
-Comeback Kids
-Blue
-A break in the clouds
-Lies in Black and White
-Save it for a Rainy Day
-All the Right reasons
-Lovers of the Sun
-Tailspin
-Id Run Away
Encore:
Settled (solo)
Angelyne
Ill be your key
Im gonna make you love me
Bada Time
Old 09-27-2016
Good times never last

bravo

Joserra, I'm sure they played "Lies in Black and White" for you No doubt.
I can see that the audience in Bilbao was much more respectful than the one in Barcelona. It was extremely disrespectful the way they were talking while Gary was singing his solo. I'm glad to hear that!
Old 09-27-2016

Thumbs up

Thanks, Nuria! Who knows?

Highlights of the show, in my opinion: the whole night was perfect, but to point out something:
1) Trouble - I got The Man who Loved Life in Barcelona! - and this terrific song in Bilbao. Two great songs from Sound of Lies.
2) Stumbling through the Dark. One of my favourite songs from Rainy Day Music. Love it. They opened their unforgettable show in Vitoria/Gasteiz in 2004 with this song.
3) A break in the clouds. From Smile. Pure nectar. It took me back to 2001 when I first saw them at the very same Kafe Antzokia. Uuuufff.
4) All of their classic songs. Perfect time to hug and hold your friends and sing or shout as beasts!
5) The new songs. Fresh air and the evidence that the Jayhawks are back for good!

So, thanks for coming and playing and lets keep the good vibe!
Old 09-27-2016

I'm really pleased you got Lies in black and white.....I'm going to persist with my requests now

Completely agree with you about the new songs - fabulous. Also about the SOL songs - you can never have enough of them!! Maybe if the tweet about hopefully coming back to the UK again next year is true, then perhaps we will get a 20th anniversary SOL show featuring the album from start to finish as set 1 (note - my copy finished with I Hear you cry, so for me that will always be the definitive tracklisting) followed by all the other classics (old and new) as set 2.

Really enjoyable shows on this European tour, the band are in rare form and people seem to be responding very positively to the new record.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: