The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2006
crowsghost

An open letter to Gary and Mark...

OK, Gary has admitted to reading the board on at least two occassions...

Gary, Mark, forget about the damn solo projects and prior commitments. Put everything else on the back burner and hang together, the world needs to experience your collaborative efforts. Well that's about it, more like an open few sentences.....
Old 06-01-2006
The Charlie Browniest

Re: An open letter to Gary and Mark...

Quote:
Originally posted by crowsghost
OK, Gary has admitted to reading the board on at least two occassions...

Gary, Mark, forget about the damn solo projects and prior commitments. Put everything else on the back burner and hang together, the world needs to experience your collaborative efforts. Well that's about it, more like an open few sentences.....
Nice sentiment crowsghost and one shared strongly by glacier boy and all his other nom de plumes'.
Old 06-01-2006
Secretary to the spirits

DEAR GARY and MARK

don't listen to these drooling snobs, do what YOU want to do, because if you do something for some other trite reason, you'll become the Rolling Stones in short order...
Old 06-01-2006
SuperFantasticPlasticLady

Send a message via Yahoo to emmajane
I gotta agree... although I love the Jayhawks very, very dearly - and I've seen them play live a few times (always a jaw dropping, awe-inspiring experience), if Gary and Co. are not feeling it anymore I sort of understand. Well, a little bit at least. I feel the same way with my job too. Heck, they've been a band for a long time - who knows, after a break, they might want to do a reunion!
Old 06-02-2006
crowsghost

Re: Re: An open letter to Gary and Mark...

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryn
Nice sentiment crowsghost and one shared strongly by glacier boy and all his other nom de plumes'.

I'm not Glacier.

Quote:
don't listen to these drooling snobs

Drooling snobs? Plural? You don't think I'm Glacier, do you? Really, I'm not. And why are you people calling me names anyway? Bastard internet monkeys, there how do you like that...

And to qualify my open few sentences to Mark and Gary... Far be it from me to tell anybody what do....

A musical partnership that works this well, the magic, it just shouldn't be left to seperate again. Especially now, but really it's none of my business.

I will gladly buy anything they release, seperately or as a duo; Or as the new-old Jayhawks with their name changed to an unpronounceable symbol, or whatever...

I'll buy it, even if it's Smile partII. And I'm no music critic anyway, some songs on Smile are better than a lot of what's released today... But anyway, let's all fight about something, what'd you say? I'll start: Who has some mp3's?
Old 06-02-2006
LiladyK

Crowsghost IS Glacier.

They both posted within only seconds of each other and both slammed me in the same fashion on another thread about the MP3s

BUSTED

"Busted flat in Naperville, feeling old and faded as my jeans"
Old 06-02-2006
crowsghost

Damn it woman, will you stop this please?! I'm a stranger here looking for mp3's.
That's it, no hidden agendas.
Old 06-02-2006
LiladyK

don't worry, you have this whole site for yourself now, as "boardmomless" for the entire summer at least......if not longer
Old 06-02-2006
crowsghost

Don't do this, don't fucking hang that on me.
Old 06-02-2006
On a Dusty road..

Quote:
Originally posted by crowsghost
Damn it woman, will you stop this please?! I'm a stranger here looking for mp3's.
That's it, no hidden agendas.
OK, Your looking for MP3's buddy,we are all clear about that.
It does not seem that you are having much joy in finding anyone to trade you MP3's except Glacier/PW, so trade with him...no one here has a problem with that.
I see the steam comming outa your ears Kim...please take a deep breath..........hold it ...........................................now let it out.....feel better?
C'mon you getting too old for this????
My Big hairy Scottish ARSE you are
J.P.

Living is easy with eye's closed.
Old 06-02-2006
Jimmy's guitar sound...

Send a message via MSN to Calexico Send a message via Yahoo to Calexico
Quote:
Originally posted by J.P.

My Big hairy Scottish ARSE you are
J.P.
Thanks for THAT mental picture.

Scrobbler
Old 06-02-2006
crowsghost

J.P., I was just trying to make it clear, once again, my intent and reasons for posting here. Apparently because there's a 'ghost' in my moniker and I sought mp3's-- that's right I'll say it again-- MP3's ---- I was mistaken for this Glacier person.

I really would wish for LiladyK to keep posting here if it's a fulfilling thing for her. I'm not the one dragging this out with the persistent accusations of novel foolery and internet flaming...

LiladyK, all the best to you, obviously you have a lot of friends here and you should stay if you want to and feel at home. Take Care.
Old 06-02-2006
The Charlie Browniest

Quote:
Originally posted by Calexico
+1
Old 06-02-2006
Snoopyluver

Quote:
Originally posted by Calexico
YEAH!!
Old 06-02-2006
token middle-aged guy

As someone in his late 40s (47), I have to say I understand what seem to be Gary's and Mark's impulses regarding their creativity. At a certain point, being in a band -- unless you're clearly the leader -- is sort of like being a Boy Scout at 40. Time to move on, do your own thing.

And though Gary probably called most of the shots with the late-90s, early 2000s 'Hawks, he also bore the responsibility of keeping this "club," if you will, operating; i.e., publicity, gigs, recording, record company biz, etc., and making sure the other guys made some dough. I would think all of that would be easier -- MUCH easier -- as a solo artist, especially the last point.

I could be wrong, but their decisions make sense to me. And who knows, maybe the two of them will co-write, helping each other out on their respective records. Remember when Tom Petty's "Full Moon Fever" came out? I think it featured most if not all of the Heartbreakers, sounded very much like the Heartbreakers, but for Petty, was probably a very different experience than a band project.

They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts.
-- Almost Famous

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: