The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who do you plan on voting for?
Bush 22 28.95%
Kerry 46 60.53%
Nader 4 5.26%
Other 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-12-2004
Leave No Gold

Kerry/Bush?

Let's reserve comments on this poll. Just vote, let's not turn this into a hate thread. Let's reserve the hate for Ryan Adams, Wilco noise, and all music since Mark left.

Last edited by frankseven : 07-12-2004 at 09:20 AM.
Old 07-12-2004
Mental Midget

I vote for the Off Topic Forum!
Old 07-12-2004
Grass Roots

If we vote 'Other', can we then state who it is that we'd most like to be US president?

She started shaking to that fine fine music
You know her life was saved by rock'n'roll
Old 07-12-2004

Many boardmembers are from the UK and other countries in Europe- should they get to vote in this poll? I just think it might come out a little lopsided. . .

I'm not trying to exclude anyone at all, just thinking about it practically, that's all folks.

Old 07-12-2004
Grass Roots

Quote:
Originally posted by heatherelizabeth
Many boardmembers are from the UK and other countries in Europe- should they get to vote in this poll?

Too late! I've voted!!

I might go and do it again too!!! Maybe several times!!!!!

Hahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha!!!!

Old 07-12-2004

Are you sure you're not

from Chicago? I mean, even dead people have been known to vote there

Old 07-12-2004
token middle-aged guy

Politics and music...

How many of us would still love our favorite bands if their politics were diametrically opposed to our own?

Being a sensitive guy, it's no surprise that Louris is not a fan of W.'s global machismo fantasies.

After voting for Nadar the last two times, I'm voting Kerry/Edwards, "for all the right reasons."

They don't even know what it is to be a fan. Y'know? To truly love some silly little piece of music, or some band, so much that it hurts.
-- Almost Famous
Old 07-12-2004
Leave No Gold

Actually, I would be more curious about folks from other countries, and who they hope we put into office.

It is our involvement with the rest of the world that I believe is the most important job of Mr. Prez.
Old 07-12-2004

If I were to vote in Florida would it count as one vote, two votes or not at all? Or would it depend who my brother was?
Old 07-12-2004

Quote:
Originally posted by frankseven
Actually, I would be more curious about folks from other countries, and who they hope we put into office.

It is our involvement with the rest of the world that I believe is the most important job of Mr. Prez.
Last week, I would have said Kerry. But then he says he wants to increase support to Israel. As long as the US supports Israel, or closes it's eyes to how the Israelis treat the Palestinians, muslims all over the world will continue to hate USA/Americans. (I'm not defending what the Palestinians do - NOT AT ALL!! I'm just saying that people around the world find it kinda strange the way the US intervene in Afghanistan, Yugoslavia, Iraq (the list goes on) but continue to support Israel.) So, I can't imagine a guy who can't see this being the president in the worlds most powerful nation. But then again, look who's president now...

Don't get me wrong. I've been pro-America all my life (thats what you learn, growing up in Norway). I love american music, litterature, lifestyle... I've been in the US 4 times (at one point even considered moving there), and will continue to come. I just can't understand their/your international policy.

God bless America,

Morten
Old 07-12-2004

How can you still love your favorites?

I support W and I still love the Jayhawks with Olsen(sp?) who just hates W. I assume Gary dislikes him as well. I do wish artists would realize that movies and music are an escape from everyday life for most folks. Majority of people are not politically active. I just like good music.

I would not buy political manifest nor would I buy a Bush hating Jayhawks CD. What do you expect me to do? Listen to county music. Yuck.
Old 07-12-2004
Grass Roots

Fair point, but it's difficult if you are an artist with strong opinions to switch these opinions off when writing songs. At the end of the day, any true musician will write songs that express something they believe in or mean something to them not to some theoretical audience somewhere that might buy their albums.

You don't have to like it, or indeed buy it... but respect that these guys wouldn't be the musicians you love if they didn't write the way they did.

* I wrote the above late last night after quite a few wines.... jeez, I am pompous when I'm drunk!!

Last edited by Chaosdan : 07-13-2004 at 03:54 AM.
Old 07-12-2004

W

i cannot understand how anyone can support him, but i respect your right to your own opinion
Old 07-13-2004
Leave No Gold

I watched Before Night Falls, the other night, I think that movie kicks Republican ass, much better than any Michael Moore movie.

Its such subverted Propaganda for us Leftist, Hell Traveling, Moral Outlaws. I've about had enough with the Conservs in my family and my environ the last couple of days.
Old 07-13-2004
MrHistoryTeachr

Cool Bush'04 + Jayhawks = Happiness

I am a Bush supporter, both in 2000 and 2004, and I am also a fan of the Jayhawks, Dylan, Springsteen etc. As another poster stated I too would not give up the music I listen to based on politics, unless as someone else stated that it was quite overt, such as an anti-Republican or George W. Bush album. Whenever people ask me questions such as this I always reply..."So what I can only listen to Ted Nugent?"...enough said.
But sadly there do not seem to be many Conservative/Republican musicians out there and I find that strange especially in the face of what I believe to be my generations overall conservatism as compared to previous generations.
ChrisINPA(Wishing he was as lucky as TomInMaine to live in Maine)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: