The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > Jayhawks Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2005
Jimmy's guitar sound...

Send a message via MSN to Calexico Send a message via Yahoo to Calexico
Japan and Belguim eh?

Way to make someone feel totally inadequate for not travelling there Glenn!

Japan and Belguim....must have been a rocking time at that table I bet!

Scrobbler
Old 03-04-2005
Haggischomper

The Japanese are mad crazy for music. I remember turning up 3hrs early to a pub across the road from a Cheap Trick gig in Glasgow and there were about twenty or thirty Japanese ladies queuing up outside the venue. Those people are diehards.
Old 03-04-2005

Any special guests sit in with the band at last night's show?
Old 03-04-2005

Quote:
Originally posted by crowes13
Any special guests sit in with the band at last night's show?

James Mastro, formerly of the Health & Happiness Show, owner of the Guitar Bar in Hoboken.
Old 03-04-2005
Toothless In OTB

opening act? How about tonight?
Old 03-04-2005

Quote:
Originally posted by goody59
opening act? How about tonight?

I think the intro said 'for tonight only' -- anyone else remember that?..
Old 03-04-2005
Toothless In OTB

For anyone going tonight, my wife and I will be easy to ID- we will have nametags that read Goody59, and Mrs Goody59. I apologize for not coming up with something more clever than that, but after hearing afterwards that the guy who caught the harmonica right in front of me was a fanpager, this is what I came up with on short notice.
Old 03-04-2005
done mama proud

Send a message via AIM to ericcd
I had a great talk with Gary and Mark (who both signed the Blue Earth poster I brought... ). Gary asked about PretentiousWilco. He wanted confirmation that it was, in fact, Glacier in disguise. I told him that we suspected that it was. he kinda shook his head, but he had a nice smile, so I think he reads our board all in good fun. I think he realizes that we're not just crazy, we're actually informed music fans that talk about some cool things...it was a very pleasant talk...

Gary offered me $5 for my Blue Earth poster because he had never seen one. I asked him if he wanted me to sign it...(ha!)
It was a great night...

Anyway...I heard a rumour that the Crowes were gonna make an appearance at bowery tonight. It was buzzing through the place last night...

I just bought 10 tickets to see the Crowes at Toad's Place in New Haven (secret show 3/17)...
Old 03-04-2005
Haggischomper

Quote:
Originally posted by ericcd
I think he realizes that we're not just crazy, we're actually informed music fans that talk about some cool things

PFFFT!!!! Certain crazy people here who shall remain nameless were talking about Status Quo today so there goes that theory...
Old 03-04-2005
Snoopyluver

Quote:
had a great talk with Gary and Mark (who both signed the Blue Earth poster I brought... ).
Good Goin' Eric!!! I knew they would come through for ya....
Love that he wanted to buy the poster from ya!!
Old 03-04-2005
Mental Midget

Re: Re: Thursday night

Quote:
Originally posted by NY Fan

O.k., just one more, and I am not joking and Nutshell & co. can confirm this: Gary asked where Greekguy was.

-- Glenn
I remember when you mentioned that he said that he thought I was from New York. That's funny to me.
Old 03-05-2005

The man from Brussels is back home. Had a great time in NYC. Met some great people (Lisa, Glenn,...) and the shows were fantastic. I saw Mark and Gary in 95, and I was curious if the magic was still there. Well, it sure did.

Thanks Gary and Mark for this little reunion tour. Hope to see you soon but at the other side of the ocean.

A popular belgian music magazine spoke about the Jayhawks-split. I'm gonna ask them to read more often the fanboard.

Marc
Old 03-05-2005
LiladyK

Quote:
Originally posted by ericcd
I had a great talk with Gary and Mark (who both signed the Blue Earth poster I brought... ). Gary asked about PretentiousWilco. He wanted confirmation that it was, in fact, Glacier in disguise. I told him that we suspected that it was. he kinda shook his head, but he had a nice smile, so I think he reads our board all in good fun. I think he realizes that we're not just crazy, we're actually informed music fans that talk about some cool things...it was a very pleasant talk...

Gary offered me $5 for my Blue Earth poster because he had never seen one. I asked him if he wanted me to sign it...(ha!)
It was a great night...

Anyway...I heard a rumour that the Crowes were gonna make an appearance at bowery tonight. It was buzzing through the place last night...

I just bought 10 tickets to see the Crowes at Toad's Place in New Haven (secret show 3/17)...
Sounds like a great night for you Eric, that's really cool

For the record: YES, PRETENTIOUSWILCO IS GLACIER, PROOF POSITIVE
Old 03-05-2005

Hey, glad you made it back home safe Marc...missed you at the last show!

Last night (Friday) was simply amazing. Best of the three NYC shows. The guys keep getting better and better. Blue was magical, truly. Could not get the smile off my face during this one. Quite a lot of other perfect "univoice" moments (you got it right on that call Lilady!). No two people sound better together, anywhere. No surprises on the set list until Chris Robinson came out. People went wild when he sang "Sing me back home". Gary looked happy. East Berlin is my current new favorite...perfect voice blend. Got the set list at the end after asking Mark if it was ok to take it...he motioned yeah, take it. I'll try to scan it in later.

Goody, it was nice to see you, wanted to talk to you more later, but couldn't find you. I think I was still too in awe of the show when you first came up to say hi. UWS fan, great to see you again too! What fun! Where was smilin' and NY Fan????

Jayhawks fans are the best fans! Hope everyone has a good time at the shows. You're in for a treat!
Old 03-05-2005

I was at the Thursday night show and had a blast. Mark and Gary were really nice to spend the time talking to us after. I saw quite a few people taping and when and if these shows surface I'd love a copy of the show. If the guy taping from Plainview reads this board, I'm the woman you met also from Plainview. And seeing as I am a huge fan of the Black Crowes I'd really love to get my hands on Friday night's show.

Interesting thing was that someone asked Gary Thursday night about the Jayhawks being done and he said something about maybe being time for something else and then I said to him "well the Black Crowes are back" and he said "Yeah I know, they'll be here tomorrow." Being that the show was sold out I couldn't go Friday night so I was bummed. But I'd love to hear a tape if it ever at all possible.

And yes I know that they shows were just the other night and I'm not looking for the shows at this moment it was just a mention in case the guy from Plainview reads this board.

Anyone going to any other show...enjoy them...

Peace...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: