The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Who do you plan on voting for?
Bush 22 28.95%
Kerry 46 60.53%
Nader 4 5.26%
Other 4 5.26%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-13-2004
LiladyK

Re: W

Quote:
Originally posted by buttercup
i cannot understand how anyone can support him, but i respect your right to your own opinion
This is how I feel, as I can't understand it all in my head how that can happen, but I've always been a "to each his own" kind of person and never expect anyone to think or be just like me...I even have a few conservative friends, we just don't talk politics, we talk other things

anyone into the political radio scene ever notice how Al Franken can have conservative friends, has them on his show, but Rash Lamebaw can't have liberal ones?

Rash pisses off even a lot of the conservative people, (who's side he is supposed to be rooting for) he's just rude all the way around.....
Old 07-13-2004

Location: The Magic Fingers Massage Parlor at Manchester & Main
Re: Bush'04 + Jayhawks = Happiness

Quote:
Originally posted by MrHistoryTeachr
I am a Bush supporter, both in 2000 and 2004, and I am also a fan of the Jayhawks, Dylan, Springsteen etc. As another poster stated I too would not give up the music I listen to based on politics, unless as someone else stated that it was quite overt, such as an anti-Republican or George W. Bush album. Whenever people ask me questions such as this I always reply..."So what I can only listen to Ted Nugent?"...enough said.
But sadly there do not seem to be many Conservative/Republican musicians out there and I find that strange especially in the face of what I believe to be my generations overall conservatism as compared to previous generations.
ChrisINPA(Wishing he was as lucky as TomInMaine to live in Maine)
Well said, Chris. I agree with you - except on the Dylan/Springsteen front.

Trust me, we're in the minority around here with this bunch of mostly clueless, whiny liberals.

(You still coming to Leinie's, Karla?)
Old 07-19-2004

Re: Re: W

Quote:
Originally posted by LiladyK

This is how I feel, as I can't understand it all in my head how that can happen, but I've always been a "to each his own" kind of person and never expect anyone to think or be just like me...I even have a few conservative friends, we just don't talk politics, we talk other things

anyone into the political radio scene ever notice how Al Franken can have conservative friends, has them on his show, but Rash Lamebaw can't have liberal ones?

Rash pisses off even a lot of the conservative people, (who's side he is supposed to be rooting for) he's just rude all the way around.....
Just so you know, I am a conservative, pro-life voter married to a pro-choice democrat. We do great together. Two party system is what makes this country work. Always has. The danger is now that the hatred between the two parties is so intense that the country can't have a quality debate. Hate to tell you this, both parties are poll driven and there really is not alot of difference between the two. Sad but true.
Old 07-20-2004

true

but like they say, a vote for anyone but Kerry is a vote for Bush

how does everyone feel about the possibility of Bush postponing the election?
Old 07-20-2004
overmyshoulder

Bush is running his goverment on fear. Now Iran is the focus again! Watch out for military actions in october 2004.
Old 07-20-2004

oh yeah, that will happen so he can move election day and/or have something people will be proud of him for and remember when they go to the polls
Old 07-20-2004
Grass Roots

They better not move election day! I'm looking forward to being in Portland on the day of the election.

She started shaking to that fine fine music
You know her life was saved by rock'n'roll
Old 07-20-2004
mellow

Does anybody else here hope that in the midst of all this hostile political environment and global instability there might be some sort of music revolution? Like the 60's peace movement.....the anti establishment punk scene of the 70's? The emergence of Nirvana et all in the early 90's?

Our bubblegum commercial music climate should be ready to burst....and history dictates that it takes some sort of rumbling of the masses that triggers this. No? I guess the question is not if it will happen, but can it happen in our "controlled" environment? Will the industry let it happen is what I mean.

Can there be another Dylan/Sex Pistols/U2/Nirvana/Rage Agianst the Machine?

Is anybody else thinking about this?

bluerodeo
Old 07-20-2004
JumboFan

Wilco noise

Hey frankseven, thanks for mentioning Wilco. I love Wilco but can't stand it when they make noise, why do they have to do that?

and no I don't get how people can be Jayhawks fans and support the monkey, makes no sense.
Old 07-20-2004

Nader instead of....

I'm curious to hear from the 3 of you that said you're voting for Nader: Who you would vote for if he wasn't in the race?
Old 07-20-2004

Whoever most soldiers are supporting gets my vote.

National security trumps all other issues now and for a while.

Soldiers know more about this issue than I do.
________
Expert Insurance

Last edited by Jayhawks : 04-25-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 07-20-2004

Just curious, why do you think soldiers know more about this than you do? I would imagine the guys over in Iraq may have gone in with one opinion, and then come out (if they ever get out!) with another. I think you see that with lots of soldiers after war...look at the whole world changing opinions after WWI.

Another question...at the risk of sounding like Fox Mulder, does anyone here think there is a possibility of the election being rigged? Are there new computer voting things being installed? I just can't seem to trust a thing about the government these days! (I've seen better days!)
Old 07-20-2004
Enormous Member

Lightbulb Rigged?

The election will be delayed, because of a threat. All votes cast in red states will not be counted. If you are a Democrat, your vote will be thrown out. All Republican votes will be counted twice. All votes for Nader will be counted for Bush. Get a clue! Hey, I think I may have given Michael Moore another movie idea!
Old 07-22-2004

it is starting to look that way, 2Blue
Old 07-23-2004

Quote:
Originally posted by nutshell
Another question...does anyone here think there is a possibility of the election being rigged?
No, Kerry seems like an honorable man. I doubt he'd do anything like that.
________
Gm Foods

Last edited by Jayhawks : 04-25-2011 at 05:42 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: