The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-08-2014
Secretary to the spirits

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeeugene View Post
Funny! In talking with someone else re: this thread today, I cited that very same meme.

I mean that REALLY got outta hand fast.
For sure, and you, mild-mannered sir, had nothing to do with it...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STAR TREK Good grief.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	3180  
Old 09-08-2014
Mental Midget

I am not sure I understand some of the vitriol that has been thrown in my direction. All I have ever done is be consistent regarding an opinion that I share with many, though not all. I have been respectful to all in expressing my opinion and it turns out into someone telling me I am somehow gay, as if that would even be insulting. That said, attempting to insult me is the really insulting part.

My feelings are quite damaged. I have been told by literally everyone here that I am the most valued and important member of this board over the years and I had come to believe that. I don't know what I am going to do if my reality is compromised.

I wish you all well....

greekguy out
Old 09-08-2014
LildeviladyK

DUMBASSEUGENE POSTED: "Shove that up your highly qualified science teacher's certificate, you goddamned moron, LilDEVILladyK, who had to create a secondary board ID in order to continue posting here because her original ID didn't feel comfortable being here anymore. Perhaps you could take a class from me and LEARN SOMETHING ABOUT COMPOSITION. I may be a curmudgeon, but you know nothing of my "boyhood dreams." I'll be sleeping well tonight, and I'll be going to a job I quite enjoy -and am good at - tomorrow morning. What can you do?"

Hey DUMBASSEUGENE - where the hell have you been all of these years? I didn't create this alternate moniker to pretend to be someone else. I have had this moniker since 2004. Just look in the right hand corner that tells how long I've been here. The LiladyK moniker was here as far back as 1999/2000 or so I believe. Anyway, that makes this moniker 10 years old. Caffeine Zombie had one too called "Zane" and we used to goof around with our alternate monikers for fun back in the days when things were fun here.

LiladyK could post here if she wants to. It's not about discomfort. She doesn't post here because her moniker represents a Jayhawks fan of both eras that used to love this place. It was her second family. Why would she now want to post at this pathetic god forsaken hell hole of a place?

Axeass, Doriann and myself are not the only persons you have treated like crap. I have been ignoring you all of this time. Besides Doriann, you have personally attacked my friend Jessica (KU97) on an OT thread. Jomama has told me more than once that you have been a total ass to him as well, of course all unprovoked, and unwarranted.

I'm not going to write long overly wordy posts like you do in order to attempt to pull the wool over everyone's eyes and make myself look above and beyond everyone else in my intelligence. I've lost count of how many times you rammed some sort of snobby comment at me here....when I wasn't even including you in the conversation to begin with. You would suddenly just insert yourself, and it was never ever polite. I will give you credit however, for actually taking the time to say a friendly goodbye to me once at FA back in 2010. I almost went into shock that you even bothered to give me 5 seconds that showed you have the ability to acknowledge my presence.

I realize there is this whole "Minnesota Ice" crap, and it's a universal running joke how Minnesotans despise Iowans. No elaborating here, just google it and read away. How some people up there just think it's so cool to be rude. Someone at FA this past wknd insulted Monica with something similar there on the floor. We used to call First Avenue "Fist Attitude" because some sort of something unpleasant, some allocation between two people would always happen.

I do have to say though, that the remodeling work made a very pleasant experience for me Sat. night. I've encountered Minnesota Ice there before, but not that night. Beautiful historic venue, it deserved the TLC it had been lacking for so long.

Last edited by LildeviladyK : 09-08-2014 at 09:18 PM.
Old 09-08-2014

I haven't wanted to fight with people on message boards ever since I quit drinking. I would like to make an amend to either Jacie. B. or Girl_ingognito, for hitting on one of them once, on the board, when I was drunk. I can't remember which of them I was rude to now.

Kind of hard to make an amend when you can't remember who it was you insulted.... Anyway, to one of you, I would like to truly apologize for my surliness and inappropriateness. I would also like to make an amend to Mark Olson, for yelling at him, at one of his shows, from the balcony....
Old 09-08-2014
Unbridled Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jacieb Send a message via Yahoo to jacieb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calexico View Post
The is nothing casual about it. It's a very serious bidness!
Dammit! I can't even (legitimately) claim to have been taken out of context.
Old 09-08-2014

At least you didn't quote it again. I would like to apologize to Gary's mom, on behalf of everyone from the board....
Old 09-08-2014
Unbridled Enthusiast

That's hilarious. This board needs a Like button.

[And apparently an Eff Off button (patent pending).]
Old 09-08-2014
LildeviladyK

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekguy View Post
I am not sure I understand some of the vitriol that has been thrown in my direction. All I have ever done is be consistent regarding an opinion that I share with many, though not all. I have been respectful to all in expressing my opinion and it turns out into someone telling me I am somehow gay, as if that would even be insulting. That said, attempting to insult me is the really insulting part.

My feelings are quite damaged. I have been told by literally everyone here that I am the most valued and important member of this board over the years and I had come to believe that. I don't know what I am going to do if my reality is compromised.

I wish you all well....

greekguy out
I'm laughing hysterically. You are not even a real and feeling human being. You have some kind of nerve at this point to play like you are some kind of "victim" now. I'm not surprised. I'm also not going to waste my time scrolling through posts here over the YEARS and YEARS of them, and copying/pasting your putrid garbage to prove to anyone else here what points have already been made.

As for the butt buddy comments? Who cares? For anyone here to rat on Doriann for calling these two butt buddies (and for me to play off of her comment) is hilarious. I will reiterate. PP has been called the same exact types of names, but it's all supported just fine. It's all ok though "just because he is PP".

How prophetic is the movie "Idiocracy"? Jaw droppingly prophetic I must say. Nothing at this place makes sense. Nothing at all.
Old 09-08-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacieb View Post

[And apparently an Eff Off button (patent pending).]

LOL at least I tried to straighten the whole thing out. Maybe it was the girl_ingog. And now I'm realizing her husband posts here. It was years ago and I was summarily denied, and shamed by the group, for my advances. I think Pillow Pants even read me the riot act on that one. Anyway, enough about me already. Gary's mom is the one we should all be apologizing to right now.
Old 09-08-2014
Unbridled Enthusiast

I wouldn't use that button. I was just thinking it would dramatically reduce the number of posts in these off-the-rails threads.

Keep the funny coming!
Old 09-08-2014

You have a good temperament for message boards, it's best to just chill sometimes. Keep it light and fun.
Old 09-08-2014
LildeviladyK

Axeass said: As far as "Doriann" is concerned, I care not one whit in either direction for her. I literally know nothing of her other than what she posts here, but I will forever stand by my earlier comments on fascist attitudes regarding positivity on other sites. You can be the nicest person in the world, but if you can't handle criticism, then something is wrong with you, not with critics. Sometimes, "slagging" has its place. I bear no ill will toward the person behind the account. But I'll not bend to censorship, no matter its aim.

Once again, I'm shaking my head like "this guy is a prof?"

From Dictionary.com: Fascism is defined as: a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.

Doriann has no "complete power" over anyone there. People have the right to disagree with each other there. The difference is that we all have MUTUALLY AGREED to respect each other and every band member no matter what is said. We all choose to be there. She doesn't dictate our presence. We don't even have to like each other or all of the band members. That is our choice. what do you mean "I'll not bend to censorship" when you're not even there? It doesn't apply to you. Why the fuck do you have your poking stick in our faces? Nationalism? Racism? Right! And you of all people should know that this is how any respectful classroom should be managed. You respect your students and they respect you back AT ALL TIMES. Oh wait, that's right...you wouldn't necessarily know this, because like I said before, many profs fall back on teaching instead of those of us who choose it. Reality is that it is a perfect extension to my career as an interpretive education park ranger. I was offered a significant increase in pay as a science teacher because of my prior qualifications. I happily do both. I get to work outdoors in the woods all day somedays and make a great living out of it. You should be so fucking lucky.
Old 09-08-2014

I hate to butt in on this little lovefest, but in relation to the topic at hand - if anyone finds a link to this archived show or happened to capture it and can post it somewhere, please let it be known.

I tried to capture and download the stream but kept getting booted.

Thanks!
Old 09-08-2014
Bad Spellerr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhousetunes View Post
I hate to butt in on this little lovefest, but in relation to the topic at hand - if anyone finds a link to this archived show or happened to capture it and can post it somewhere, please let it be known.

I tried to capture and download the stream but kept getting booted.

Thanks!
I'm with you- I would LOVE to be able to access this somewhere. What a great show. Having Jack and Jessie there added a real depth.
Old 09-08-2014
Mental Midget

I make 47 million dollars per year and you have to believe me because I wrote it on the internet.

You should be so lucky.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: