The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #16  
Old 11-12-2016
Isabel'sDaughter's Avatar
Isabel'sDaughter Isabel'sDaughter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: The Dark Corners of the Internet
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Smith View Post
Isabel's Daughter (Kimberly): How can you claim that Caleb Palmiter was an original member, was he on the Bunkhouse album? If he wasn't, he is not an original member!

You say Gary "left" the bank after his accident. Well, he couldn't perform, could he? I don't consider that leaving the band, unlike Mark O. who left 2 times.
Jerry, the fact that Gary left is stated by me just in regards to him not being "constant", it is not directed as any sort of an insult to him, it just is inaccurately reported information. He did leave the band and then he came back.

As for Caleb, just because you don't appear on a band's "commercial" album doesn't mean your existence and contributions are now nullified.

Last edited by Isabel'sDaughter : 11-12-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 11-12-2016
TimRoss's Avatar
TimRoss TimRoss is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 160
PD, "dark corners of the internet" wonder who is listed as Admin of the official website? Is this person still involved with the website? Have they ever been involved with the band?

http://whois.webslookup.com/jayhawksofficial.com
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 11-12-2016
JoMama's Avatar
JoMama JoMama is offline
Secretary to the spirits
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Forever in Blue Jeans, babe
Posts: 10,224
I thought Gary "left" because he was in a serious car accident. I would think he only went to the "injured reserve" status, not actually left the band.
As for the original lineup/gigs questions, I wonder if Mark's aunt can supply any info about any shows with Caleb.
As for the "Lies In Black And White" stuff--well, that's just to rich to touch. I can't listen to the album anymore.
__________________
*This fella, it seems, he's known guys like you his whole life too. (J. H.) *
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 11-12-2016
Isabel'sDaughter's Avatar
Isabel'sDaughter Isabel'sDaughter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: The Dark Corners of the Internet
Posts: 11
http://whois.webslookup.com/jayhawksofficial.com

Why yes, Pd. Please do tell us all about the woman who is listed as admin of Jayhawksofficial
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 11-12-2016
Isabel'sDaughter's Avatar
Isabel'sDaughter Isabel'sDaughter is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: The Dark Corners of the Internet
Posts: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMama View Post
I thought Gary "left" because he was in a serious car accident. I would think he only went to the "injured reserve" status, not actually left the band.
As for the original lineup/gigs questions, I wonder if Mark's aunt can supply any info about any shows with Caleb.
As for the "Lies In Black And White" stuff--well, that's just to rich to touch. I can't listen to the album anymore.
Why not ask Mark himself?
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 11-12-2016
JoMama's Avatar
JoMama JoMama is offline
Secretary to the spirits
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Forever in Blue Jeans, babe
Posts: 10,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel'sDaughter View Post
Why not ask Mark himself?
Probably will, hopefully when I get to California (my inlaws live near Joshua Tree).
__________________
*This fella, it seems, he's known guys like you his whole life too. (J. H.) *
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-12-2016
sacred roots's Avatar
sacred roots sacred roots is offline
semi-retired, fully wired
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: suddenly fashionable NE mpls
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel'sDaughter View Post
http://whois.webslookup.com/jayhawksofficial.com

Why yes, Pd. Please do tell us all about the woman who is listed as admin of Jayhawksofficial
The domain infö for The Jayhawks website is public:

https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?na...ksofficial.com

The link you're referring isn't an official ICANN certified service. That information is not correct and hasn't been for some time.

Pro tip: if you're looking at what you think is an "official" source of info and it has paid pop up ads - including ones for "Russian singles" - all over it, it's probably not "official." Or reliable.

http://bit.ly/2fOrCGn

Maybe it should be called a hookup site instead of a lookup site. I know, bad joke.

Last edited by sacred roots : 11-13-2016 at 03:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-12-2016
sacred roots's Avatar
sacred roots sacred roots is offline
semi-retired, fully wired
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: suddenly fashionable NE mpls
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMama View Post
I thought Gary "left" because he was in a serious car accident. I would think he only went to the "injured reserve" status, not actually left the band.
As for the original lineup/gigs questions, I wonder if Mark's aunt can supply any info about any shows with Caleb.
As for the "Lies In Black And White" stuff--well, that's just to rich to touch. I can't listen to the album anymore.
I would gladly welcome copies of any and all information from that period, as I've discussed on this forum recently. I've only become aware of this info over the last year or two, as I've also discussed here recently. I'm not the only one to wonder why, all of a sudden, in 2016, it's become an issue after 32 years, something that, yes, has been discussed here recently.

Last edited by sacred roots : 11-13-2016 at 12:03 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-12-2016
sacred roots's Avatar
sacred roots sacred roots is offline
semi-retired, fully wired
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: suddenly fashionable NE mpls
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRoss View Post
PD, "dark corners of the internet" wonder who is listed as Admin of the official website? Is this person still involved with the website? Have they ever been involved with the band?

http://whois.webslookup.com/jayhawksofficial.com
Correction: that person in that very old info is listed as the admin for the domain, not the website itself. Big difference. Furthermore, that "webslookup" domain info website isn't "official" - notice all of the pop up spam - and the information there is extremely outdated and incorrect. Correct info is here: https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?na...ksofficial.com

The person listed as admin on the "webslookup" site may have had something to do with the registration of the jayhawksofficial.com domain in April 2009 but that is an entirely separate process from the creation, maintenance and ownership of a "website." She was not actively involved with the creation of The Jayhawks website and hasn't had any involvement with it or the domain since late 2010. The official Jayhawks website launched in early 2011 with collaboration and support from Sony Legacy and the band's management at the time. I've been the primary administrator and content manager of all Jayhawks digital properties since early 2011. I personally have had no direct communication with the person in question since late 2010.

The old WHOIS domain info that the "webslookup" site has somehow latched on to was, I believe, updated at some point after 2010 but that was merely an administrative oversight; the old domain admin was long gone by then. The most recent WHOIS update was in March 2016 when the band switched to a new web hosting company (Bluehost) in advance of a complete website overhaul.

As for anything beyond that, for obvious reasons, I won't further discuss any internal business of the band here or anywhere else.

Last edited by sacred roots : 11-13-2016 at 05:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-13-2016
sacred roots's Avatar
sacred roots sacred roots is offline
semi-retired, fully wired
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: suddenly fashionable NE mpls
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel'sDaughter View Post
The song itself borders on pure slander and defamation of character.
My limited knowledge of libel law leads me to an entirely different conclusion. I'm confident that the song is a protected artistic expression, especially because nobody is specifically named in the song and its author has refuted any notion that the song is about a specific person. People hear what they want to hear and draw their own conclusions. Welcome to "art."

Besides, who could have an issue with a song that preaches that there are "two sides to every coin?" What happened to the band in late 2012 was complex and troubling for all parties involved. Like any private business, the Jayhawks don't wish to engage in a public discussion of these or any other internal matters. I would hope that people will respect the band's right to privacy and would also understand that just because the band has never commented on internal band matters such as this - and never will - that doesn't mean that the truth is the sole province of any party who has chosen to go public with this. Beware of anyone laying claim to "pure facts" and remember that there are ALWAYS two sides to every story, especially this one.

Of course, anyone who feels aggrieved by this or any other song is free to avail themselves of any and all legal remedies. The band's and label's lawyers are fully aware of the lyrical content of the song in question.

Last edited by sacred roots : 11-13-2016 at 12:38 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-13-2016
sacred roots's Avatar
sacred roots sacred roots is offline
semi-retired, fully wired
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: suddenly fashionable NE mpls
Posts: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel'sDaughter View Post

Get over it.
My "peanut gallery" comments were actually directed at activities that have taken place outside the confines of this forum so your defensive tone is a bit confusing. That comment was made after your original, fairly short post and was not directed at any one person or post. Your litany of accusations about insults, name calling etc doesn't seem to be borne out by anything I've posted. If you took it personally and were offended, I apologize.

For the record, I have no frustrations about the band nor do I harbor any illusions about them either. And accusing me of being bothered by historical facts is ludicrous. I've never "hoped" for any history of the band other than an accurate one. I've already admitted that this 1984 info is relatively new to me so it's not accurate or fair to say that I've "pretended" anything. I was basing any previous comments about the history of the band from what I knew to be true at the time, which was obviously incomplete. I had always taken the official bios at face value, not to mention the fact that, to the best of my knowledge, no band member has ever brought up any discrepancies before. Between the official published history of the band and my own personal knowledge of events, I never saw a need to further investigate.

To reiterate:

Quote:
Well known bands rarely form fully intact and their early histories are often messy and complicated. As a result, official bios and artist histories are frequently condensed for the sake of expediency. There rarely is a nefarious reason for this kind of historical editing; indeed, in most cases, these early minor details have little if any bearing on the big picture. The story of The Jayhawks is no different in this regard.
As I've stated before, I anxiously await more documentation from this period.

Last edited by sacred roots : 11-13-2016 at 05:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-14-2016
JoMama's Avatar
JoMama JoMama is offline
Secretary to the spirits
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Forever in Blue Jeans, babe
Posts: 10,224
But the truth always catches up, and really, the truth is never really complicated.
When things become complex, its because someone needs to do a lot of "work-arounds" to make something look truthful. Oldest truth in the world.
It's okay to be wrong once in awhile, PD.
__________________
*This fella, it seems, he's known guys like you his whole life too. (J. H.) *
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Brought to you by: The Jayhawks