The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > OT:
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2013

Don't participate in or view facebook, twitter, other group or fan pages. This is it. Not nearly as fanatical about it as couple years ago, now still check in about once a week to see what's happening. Glad I do, I wouldn't have known about Gary's upcoming show in Wabasha otherwise. Looking forward to that. Though I don't have anything to compare it to, many, many good folks here.
Old 02-14-2013
Secretary to the spirits

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekguy View Post
Fuck Facebook. Never have, never will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeeugene View Post
Anyway, greekguy, I hear the guy who plays you plays another person playing someone else on the FB, so don't pretend you're 100% absent. *I*, on the other hand, have no presence there at all...not even a snarky one. And I could kick your ass in the Twittersphere if I wanted to, even though I only have one follower
Quote:
Originally Posted by greekguy View Post
Eat me Curmudgeonly one. You would know the difference between a Twittering and a novel by your favorite author Cormac McCarthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by axeeugene View Post
I burned his book in the floor. A rich dream I was loathe to wake from. Memory of once good writing. Desolate text. Didnt punctuation once matter. Real writers know "bye and bye" doesnt equal "by and by."

I visit the board nearly every day. Thank goodness most of you write better than Cormac McCarthy. Even greekguy!

Twitter sucks as much as Facebook. I honestly preferred MySpace, until they went all corporate.

Ah yes, the good old days of the board indeed...
Old 02-14-2013

Love this board. Have met a few of you -all great-, and that counts for me. And I love The Jayhawks. Gary, feel like coming to this side of the pond?
Old 02-15-2013

Big smile

Ditto, ditto and ditto to all that's been said, well all the love stuff anyway...it is Valentines day after all. And here I am a week late to the party, as usual.

Do My eyes deceive me? Is that our long lost Johnny? Buenas noches amigo, did I spell that right?

This board remains my favourite place to be in the cyberworld, though a person would never know it by how infrequently I'm here. I'm just not online too much any where. I'm basically an out of doors kind of person. My husband says I'm electronically illiterate since I don't even own a phone. This may be true, but I know what kind of music I like , and I know what kind of music you guys like too, well, I know some music that you guys like, and that is why I love you guys.

Was listening to this tonight, only it was the Jayhawks singing it on the tribute album, not that I don't love Alejandro doing his own songs, but I prefer Gary's version. For you guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw6mb5mzh6s
Old 02-16-2013
Unbridled Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jacieb Send a message via Yahoo to jacieb
According to the top right of my little screen here, I last visited a week ago. Cracked.com aside, this board was absolutely the best source for comedy on the internets.
Old 02-17-2013
Haggischomper

Cracked.com doesn't have Calexico. Or pickles.
Old 02-18-2013
Unbridled Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jacieb Send a message via Yahoo to jacieb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggischomper View Post
Cracked.com doesn't have Calexico. Or pickles.
Or a good dose of Haggis... And they are the lesser for it.
Old 02-21-2013

hey Greekguy!

Did you see this article about midget pickles?!!

http://www.startribune.com/business/192178941.html
Old 05-16-2013
Charming legs

Send a message via MSN to illbecominhome
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboFun View Post
Ditto, ditto and ditto to all that's been said, well all the love stuff anyway...it is Valentines day after all. And here I am a week late to the party, as usual.

Do My eyes deceive me? Is that our long lost Johnny? Buenas noches amigo, did I spell that right?

This board remains my favourite place to be in the cyberworld, though a person would never know it by how infrequently I'm here. I'm just not online too much any where. I'm basically an out of doors kind of person. My husband says I'm electronically illiterate since I don't even own a phone. This may be true, but I know what kind of music I like , and I know what kind of music you guys like too, well, I know some music that you guys like, and that is why I love you guys.

Was listening to this tonight, only it was the Jayhawks singing it on the tribute album, not that I don't love Alejandro doing his own songs, but I prefer Gary's version. For you guys.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw6mb5mzh6s

Oh, my dear JumboFun!!! You really hold a special place in my heart, and we have never met!!! Glad to see some of you still hang around! Take care, my friends!

"This evening the pigeons turned to bars of gold in the sun’s last light"
Old 05-17-2013
On a Dusty road..

I'm still here everyday

Coolest wee fanpage on the web!
J.P. xx

Living is easy with eye's closed.
Old 05-17-2013

Send a message via AIM to mystic_spiral_3 Send a message via Yahoo to mystic_spiral_3
I will take an opportunity to visit this thread and say that I listened to Vagabonds and Acoustic Vagabonds at work yesterday.
Old 05-18-2013
Jimmy's guitar sound...

Send a message via MSN to Calexico Send a message via Yahoo to Calexico
I check in most everyday to see what's going on. I, also, played Vagabonds this week. Just a while ago in fact while I was doing housework. Yes, I am safe in my masculinity and can say I do housework. In fact, I do it better than anyone else I know.

Scrobbler
Old 06-07-2013
LildeviladyK

The board mom left the face of this place Jan. 2011

She will never return.

As for me, I rarely lurk, (last time was Feb.) but when I do, I do so with tiny arrows waiting in my tiny quiver and will shoot them at anyone of my choosing at anytime of my choosing.

And all the complaining and /or lamenting about some romanticized vision of the "good old days" here, wishing people would come back, etc. baffles me.
So start over again and make a new "good old days" of your own with brand new people and memories. Why would some of us want to waste our time eating cold beans sitting in the snow when we can be eating grilled salmon by the warm fireside? There is only so much time and energy to spend in one's lifetime.

It doesn't matter who is pretending to be someone else in our *invite only* group via facebook. Go ahead and lurk there all you want. The desperate and pathetic have already threatened a scheme to hack into it with questionable success. So what, who cares? It's not complicated. If you open your mouth and piss your shit into the face of our place, your ass gets kicked out (and I mean hard) by the moderator; a bitching babe wearing boots from Brooklyn.

I don't personally care for facebook itself either, (there needs to be an alternative) but what some of you don't realize is that the group page we have there is pretty much EXACTLY the way it is here. It's not like you have to sift through crap to read our posts. It's just us, just like it's all of you here. Facebook is just the venue that we have the site coming through. It could be anywhere really.

Anyway, it's like you think you're "getting back at us" for something. You can't accept that we have this more pleasant universe to exist in. A place to play nice makes you squirm with frustration; the undeniable fact that it's impossible to be ruined by you (duh....WINNING)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pipTwjwrQYQ

Last edited by LildeviladyK : 06-07-2013 at 03:08 PM.
Old 06-07-2013
Oldest Jayhawks Fan

Whoa Kim! Why all the anger? Who are you talking to anyway... This board will always be my favorite place to be, made so many friends here over the years. I enjoy Commonplace St on FB, but it's not good when people have to walk on eggshells fearing excommunication if you say the wrong thing either, just saying...
Old 06-07-2013
VILE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlile View Post
eggshells
As frustrated as I was when the trolls were active here, I will say without reservation that Sandy's laissez faire moderation at the jayhawksfanpage board has always been infinitely superior to any censorious approach.

If this place quashed curmudgeonly contrarianism, I would have been gone a decade ago, either by force or my own volition.

I'll never be a member or a visitor to any "think and act right or you're out" internet locale. Never.

And for the record, I was invited to whatever the FB group was shortly after its inception. But when I saw the one bylaw: "No Slagging," I wrote, "No slagging? Fuck that shit. I'm out of here," and never went back. A place that will not tolerate dissent is no place for me. Because sometimes shit sucks and you gotta say so.

Last edited by axeeugene : 06-07-2013 at 11:29 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: