The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2003
mellow

Breakfast With The Arts Show...

Well, it took an hour into the program to get to the Jayhawks, but they did the band justice. gave them an hour of performance and interview. They played roughly 10 songs, mostly from RDM, but also "Blue", "I'd Run Away", Take Me With You", and "Haywire". During the last tune "Save It For A Rainy Day" they seguayed into snipits of the long lost video that was made for the single.

The band mentioned of an all vinyl boxed set that is in the works.

It was nice to see them get some exposure.

bluerodeo
Old 09-28-2003

Unhappy A&E

Just caught the last 20 minutes. When will it be on again!
Old 09-28-2003

I woke up early this morning to catch the show because I wasn't leaving it up to my vcr to let me down yet again. Now I"m glad I did, it was great! Way more songs than I had expected and not too much talk time. The songs were great and I was surprised by the choice of tunes besides the RDM ones. It is great when a band has so much material to choose from. Also, I can't wait to check out this vinyl only box set they were talking about.

"I do" - Johnny Fever
Old 09-28-2003
Wise....for a while

Send a message via Yahoo to smilin'
I thought the interviews were great. The fellas were a little uncomfortable on the set but came across as sincere. Gary acknowledged that the Jayhawks are not for all, but recognized a segment of loyal followers. Seemed a bit bemused by their new found popularity.

A&E has a website with its daily schedule. Maybe there will be a rerun. I wouldn't mind seeing it again. They also sell DVD's and videos of some of their shows. Not sure if this show will be offered.
Old 09-28-2003

Alas, I allowed my vcr to let me down. I only was able to see the first two songs and part of "Blue".

I will be on the watch for a re-run. Please, if anyone else finds out about one, post it here.

I want desperately to see this program.

thanks.

draf
Old 09-28-2003
reformed non-smoker

Did anyone video tape it? Email me
christinehale@blueyonder.co.uk
“Under no circumstances shall I, Christine, assume any liability whatsoever for any and all of my actions, including but not limited to comments, statements and opinions, that may result in ridicule, scorn and/or pity or such other emotions as may be deemed negative on my part (hereinafter the “Actions”). In all such events shall the liability for such Actions lie solely and completely with JayB, and JayB shall assume and accept full liability, ridicule, pity and/or scorn for any Actions. Hereafter any and all such ridicule, scorn, etc. shall be deemed to be answered with the following statement: “JayB did it”, whether expressely stated or not.”
Old 09-28-2003
Lenno

all vinyl box set???

What the hell? That's nice, a all vinyl box set. I guess I have to buy a recordplayer then. Why not a deluxe cd set with lost songs, demos and some great live tracks?? Won't it sell much better??

I still wonder if the guys want to make some money or not.
Old 09-28-2003

I would like to know, as well, if anyone taped it or TiVo'd it.

I would love a copy.

shawn@drafdesign.com

draf
Old 09-28-2003
Dog Whisperer

I thought the show was awsome. I was surprised they gave the guys a full hour. I would have liked to see a little more of an interview, though. I liked the fact that Gary acknowledged the band's core group of fans. They looked great, too. They listed this Web site at the end of the show which I thought was cool. This seemed like great exposure for the Jayhawks. I hope they get to do more shows like this.
Old 09-28-2003
LiladyK

video>DVD?

Ok, here's what I got.....and here's what I wanna do.....

I've got on the same VHS cassette, the Saturday Early Show performance, the Conan O'Brien performance, and now this near full hour of the Jayhawks performing on A & E.

But I know that if you copy VHS, it loses quality generationally, just like audio cassette does.

But is there a trusted friend/fan whom I can send my master VHS copy to, and have it transferred to DVD for me? Then the DVD can be copied w/no quality loss.....and then hopefully maybe someone can make a few DVD copies for me, which I would trade for various things.

There is also something I heard that I can download that will allow me to share DVD format on the hub....I've already got something really cool on a DVD now that I'm itching to share, but I haven't had the time to figure out how to set it all up, I've been busy routing files between two computers here, so that my own personal computer will have more hard drive space for the hub, etc......

I dunno, I also need someone who would have the time to do this pretty much right away, and not sit on the project for months and months

get it over with, ya know....
Old 09-28-2003

Send a message via AIM to Flowerchild024
I got to check that out as well It was very sweet, I already had the tele on and on that channel with out Knowing that they were goin' to b on when I turned the tele off my Hubby said hey the Jayhawks were gonna be on there!!

Oh Yeah I'm Flowerchild024 New here by the way.
Old 09-28-2003
The Morning Rambler

Send a message via AIM to GuitarMatt
Welcome, Flowerchild024!

I caught only the last bit of the show because I was at IHOP when I realized it was on. I don't think I've ever eaten so fast in my life.
Old 09-29-2003
LiladyK

thanks to Snatchninja, I'm getting help w/my vid>DVD request....

(she says, heading off any other offers)

PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL EITHER OF US ASKING FOR TRADE/COPIES AT THIS POINT!! THAT CAN GET TOO OVERWHELMING, AND WILL ONLY SLOW THINGS DOWN!! (have I learned from the past, or what?)

Whenever it's done and ready to be shared, you will hear about it.....let's take this one step at a time. Thank you

Old 09-29-2003
Lenno

great work LiladyK and others !! I won't mail but still I'm interested ofcourse. I'll wait until it pops up somewhere.
Old 09-29-2003

Kinda Disappointed

Hmm, I was kinda disappointed in the show. I thought Garys vocals were a bit off. Maybe it was the way they were mixed, but I hope the Austin City Limits show sounds better. I recorded my cable feed direct to CD and it does not sound very good at all. The vocals were way up front (maybe thats why they sounded a bit flat) and the drums did not come through very good either. I think the stuff they did on NPR was much much better. A & E may need to work on their sound mixing if they are going to do more of this in the future. The bass was mixed very low as well.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: