The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-12-2003
Dog Whisperer

Scrumpy and Nebakanezer are soooooo cute! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Old 10-12-2003

No, the dog didn't kill the parakeet. Long story.
Old 10-13-2003

Kelli

I have a 15 year old Golden Retriever mix named Kelli who moved in with us the very day my wife and I moved into our house in April of 1989, when she was but a pup. What a fixture in our lives she has become. She was a found stray, born about this time of the year in 1988. We found out about her via an ad in the paper..."dog looking for a nice home, $25.00 to cover the cost of her shots" type of thing. Still vibrant after all these years, and still a wonderful teacher of life's lessons in her own small way. Like optimism. Each morning she walks to my daughter's bus stop with us, and each day, for years, she has tried and failed to catch this certain squirrel, or one just like it, that hangs around this one tree on the way, eating bird seed off the ground put out by this one family. Every day I know she's thinking..."for a lifetime of yesterdays I've failed to catch that damn critter, but he better be saying his prayers today, because today is the day I'm going to finally get him!" After she misses, her look becomes one of "he was lucky today, but he better watch out tomorrow"!
The crickets all leapt up and met the moon with a standing ovation.
Old 10-13-2003
Squatter's Rights

The Musky family pet is a cat named Nixon.
He was a stray that followed me home one night about 14 yrs ago. We allready had a cat named Mojo so I thought Mojo & Nixon would be good names for pets.
The Vet thought I was naming him after the former President and called him "Tricky Dick". I just said, "No, it's Nixon Not Dick". So of course when the bill arived the name on it was Nixon not Dick. Should've been Nixon's got no balls or claws.

We also have a 90 gallon freshwater tank. Right now we have 2 Jank Dempsy's that have started a family of their own. They have about 20 baby Dempsy's left. Well one's they haven't eaten anyways.

One of the cat's favorite things is to drink from the fishtank, until the lilfishies try to nibble on his tongue. It gave me new insight to the line American Aquarium Drinker when YHF was new and exciting.

Another good friend of mine is involved in the Pit Rescue Program and often times is taking care of abused Pitbulls and adopting them out through a local pet store.
Old 10-13-2003
Haggischomper

I can't believe that not a single one of you came out with the old, "Personally, I love pussy" gag. Y'all are fired.

Old 10-13-2003

Chester

The Ghinie Pig owned by my daughter, and the butt of cruel jokes on my part. I do like him, but the mean jokes will fly. "Tonight let's take Chester to Pearl Park so he can find a nice hole to hibernate in this winter". I'll admit that he pulls a heartstring or two when he purrs as I hold him. Kelli wants him for lunch.
The crickets all leapt up and met the moon with a standing ovation.
Old 10-13-2003
The Illustrious Treeslug

We have a black lab/chow mixed named Feta, the perfect family dog and is the supreme protecter of the house. Her full name is Feta Brie of the Nine Brain Cells and the Tail of Doom. She's got a beautiful glossy black coat, but her legs are half as long as they look like they should be, so she's a freaky lookin' girl. We have a tuxedo marked kitty named Mew (Egyptian for cat), but we usually just call him Mao Mao (I'm a China scholar). We're convinced he's gay, but that works for him, and he's damn cute. Unfortunately black animals don't photograph well.
The photo is of our full-bred (or should I say inbred) Kentucky Treeing Walker Coon Hound, Indie. Her UKC registry reads Aloof Indie Warbler Underfoot Who is Dumber that a Box of Rocks. Cute and sweet as she is, she's the quintessential village idiot. We still love her though, even big sister Feta. Well, Mew hates her, but he's entitled to being a shitty kitty about having his bottom sniffed with hound dog exclusive rigor and zeal. Like what he ate today is any different than every other day, but might as well check to be sure! You might say I rescued her, since these kids are almost exclusively used for hunting, she's gunshy, which would almost ensure she get beaten (probably to death) It's Kentucky... go figure. Heeeere's Indie!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg indie01classic.jpg (92.7 KB, 149 views)

Last edited by redHERRING : 10-13-2003 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-13-2003

Send a message via AIM to Flowerchild024
Oh I almost forgot My daughters fish named ELVIS PRESELY
Old 10-13-2003
LiladyK

Sweet days of summer, the "JASMINE'S" in bloom

......well?!

isn't norma023 gonna tell us all about his Weimaraner....

"Summer breeze makes me fine, blowing thru the "JASMINE" in my mind"

Does anyone else here wonder is the band Seals & Crofts were really 2 gay guys??

I like some of their stuff tho, not knocking 'em....
Old 10-14-2003
gourmet girl

Two black dogs

I have two black dogs that I saved from life on the streets. The first one's name is Bunny and I adopted her from a foundation through petfinder.org. She was left behind when her owners (I use that term loosely) ditched their meth lab in Cleveland, MO in the middle of the night.

About two months later I was walking Bunny in the town I lived in at the time and saw another dog in the area that was the spitting image of her. A few days later I was driving to school (I taught high school biology a few blocks away) and I thought I saw Bunny chasing my car down the street. I stopped to retreive her in case she had gotten loose, but instead it was this same little mutt from a few days earlier. I tried to approach her, but she ran off.

A minute or two later, I pulled into the lot at school and the scruffy little thing had followed me to work. She was running around the courtyard and even followed me into the building! I scooped her up and put her in my lab closet to keep her safe until my second hour plan period (my students LOVED this!). She waited quietly until I ran her home, gave her some food, and left her on the sun porch for the afternoon. After school a friend came over and couldn't tell the difference between the two dogs, so of course she had to stay. So, many flea baths, a few shots, and a spay later, Bunny and Birdie are best friends.

I thought I'd throw in my story since my dogs and the Jayhawks are two of my favorite things. Also, I feel very strongly about adopting strays and neutering and spaying, and I had read this mentioned earlier in the thread. I just wish I could post a picture of my two little street urchins since they are both sitting at my feet as I post this ...

Old 10-14-2003
Keeper of Water

MEOW

i have 5 cats, and yes, my friends all say that i will be that woman....old, alone, save her 47 cats to keep her company in her old age....

anywho, i don't have a house or yard big enough for all the critters i want right now. i grew up on huge farms, and was completely depressed the day my dad announced we were selling the farm for good and moving to town.

back to my cats! they're all former strays, all very loving, and i wouldn't change a thing about them:

Lolita
Nuni
Joey (Ramone)
Marley*
Joni (Mitchell)*

*both named by my 4 year old son.

Old 10-14-2003
Keeper of Water

oh....and one little fishy....

Senor Pesacdo. how could i forget him?!?!?
Old 10-14-2003
Dog Whisperer

I love the fact that so many of you rescued your guys and talked about Petfinder.org. Petfinder is such a great site. Some of you have a lot of animals. I wish I could have a whole posse of dogs, but living in a big city isn't really good for that.

I knew you fellow music lovers would be animal lovers!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: