The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2016
Capt. Get Down

Boulder, Colorado

It's been awhile since I've posted but what a great show in Boulder last week, Saturday, July 30. It was one of those special evenings, great dinner on the Pearl Street Mall at Pasta Jay's with Jay and a couple of friends. I had a couple of gifts for the Band, so dropped them at the Tour Bus and talked to Chet (tremendous addition the the band) and an all around good guy. Gary gave me a shout out which was very cool and talked briefly with he and Marc after the show...sorry I missed Tim and Karen...maybe next time. They were wrapping up the tour, Omaha the next night, then back home for August and on to Europe. I imagine they were exhausted. I love the new cd, especially: Quiet Corners, Comeback Kids, Lovers of the Sun, Leaving The Monsters Behind, Ace, I'll be Your Key. Tunes I cannot get out of my mind. Can't wait to see them again. I'm still bugging Craig Ferguson who owns the Telluride Bluegrass Festival that we MUST get them here..Quick story, on the way home, Denver to Telluride, I'm going through the little town of Ridgway and this cherry, 1959 Lincoln Continental pulls out in front of me, historic Ca. plates. I come up next to him and it's Neil "fucking" Young!! I was blown away! He's been spending time in the area as Daryl Hannah has a ranch near here. Neil and The Promise of the Real are playing Telluride Sept 30 and Oct 1, two nights in our Town Park. But I really want the Jayhawks here. I had to Google the line in "Comeback Kids" "RDU and here we are"...now I know. I LOVE THIS BAND. One more thing: "We're The Comeback Kids, Never Forgetting What We Did Or Where We Came From"
Old 08-08-2016
Oldest Jayhawks Fan

Is Craig Ferguson by any chance the Craig Ferguson that has that daytime celebrity game show and also had a late night talk following David Letterman? Just wondering..

Great review also Bo! As many times as I've seen the Jayhawks I've never thought to bring them a treat, that's nice...
I

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: