Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-14-2008
Charming legs

Send a message via MSN to illbecominhome
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellison View Post
and i'm (newly) pregnant again.
Holy crap! Congratulations again, ellison! Good to see the baby is doing good. You have some more pics to share?

"This evening the pigeons turned to bars of gold in the sun’s last light"
Old 02-14-2008
Toothless In OTB

After arriving in Florida at 3am after a 12 hour door to door trip from New Jersey(mechanical-not weather related), I missed the info about the presale til a little while ago. When I went into Ticketmaster, they were giving me Row U on the side, so I did nothing. Logged back in 10 minutes ago and I now somehow have Orchestra row B almost dead center. The Mrs. will be joining me and I hope we all can find a place to meet before hand. Would like to grab dinner if we can.
Old 02-14-2008

Dinner's a good idea Goody. Red River Unger and the.....what was the group's name? Wasn't the crooner group called "The Sophisticados?"
Old 02-14-2008
Toothless In OTB

The Saddle Sores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by facedown View Post
Dinner's a good idea Goody. Red River Unger and the.....what was the group's name? Wasn't the crooner group called "The Sophisticados?"
Old 02-14-2008
Administrator

For any of you who might of missed out there is a presale for the Town Hall show. Unfortunately I didn't get word of it until now (it ends at 10 pm tonight) BUT if any of you are in need of the password it is:

Presale link

Timing: 2/14/08 10am-10pm EST

Password: VAGABONDS (non cap sensitive)

The regular sale begins at 10 am tomorrow...
Old 02-15-2008

Right, the saddle sores! Thanks.
Old 02-15-2008

ok, I'm confused about my Town Hall tix. I have two, row D seats 124, 126. I thought that was how they numbered their seats, only evens or something. I checked tickets online again to see what were available, and they have some tickets such as 125, and 127. OK. So, what gives? They sell tickets in pairs but not right next to each other? That can't be right. Anyone else have this?

Also, I must vent here. I saw some of us fanpagers getting tix through presale, and then later that evening as I checked to see what was available again, some of the tix available were better than what had been previously sold. That just doesn't seem right. Even today with the regular sale, some tickets seemed better. I thought it would be first come, best seats, but that wasn't the case. I really wish this was at the Bowerey. I think I'm in the minority, but I prefer the stand up bar places over the sit downs. I think there is more energy and intamacy.

I know, I know, I should just shut up and be happy we get to see Gary at all.

Hope I don't get struck by a big thunderbolt.
Old 02-15-2008

Same thing Nutshell. I've got row H, 112, 114, 116, 118 so I assume they're numbered that way and that the seats are together. I like the stand-up places better too, but will be happy if Gary can fill Town Hall.
Old 02-15-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutshell View Post
ok, I'm confused about my Town Hall tix. I have two, row D seats 124, 126. I thought that was how they numbered their seats, only evens or something. I checked tickets online again to see what were available, and they have some tickets such as 125, and 127. OK. So, what gives? They sell tickets in pairs but not right next to each other? That can't be right. Anyone else have this?

Also, I must vent here. I saw some of us fanpagers getting tix through presale, and then later that evening as I checked to see what was available again, some of the tix available were better than what had been previously sold. That just doesn't seem right. Even today with the regular sale, some tickets seemed better. I thought it would be first come, best seats, but that wasn't the case. I really wish this was at the Bowerey. I think I'm in the minority, but I prefer the stand up bar places over the sit downs. I think there is more energy and intamacy.

I know, I know, I should just shut up and be happy we get to see Gary at all.

Hope I don't get struck by a big thunderbolt.
you have 4th row and very good seats, so you did just fine. town hall imo is a better venue for gary because it will keep the concert talkers to a minimum. your seats are together by the way - they divide the floor into left/right - one side even, the other odd.

bob lamonta - love the loge at town hall! i agree ususally the best seats in the house, but since i knew i would have the rare opp to get really close seats for this one i opted for downstairs - row B. almost let them go for fear i would actually be too close and have to look up the whole time.

Anyone who is like Row K or before is in good shape. the back of the floor i don;t think the sound is as good at town hall, because the loge/balcony hang out very far over the floor. get a little muffling going on.

just psyched to see gary - i hope he isn't playing to half a house - town hall is over 2000 seats
Old 02-15-2008

Haven't chimed in for a while-doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the banter.
This happened last time for RDM. Town Hall sold one side of the aisle(the odds) before starting again at the first row of the even side. Doesn't make sense but it is what it is. I got first row last night at 6PM.

See ya there.
Old 02-16-2008

As someone involved in software development, this is just....retarded!! How difficult can it be to write a little program to allocate the seats best to worst so that everyone has a fair shot at the best seats based on the order they call??!!!! Not nearly as bad as no seats being available for The Black Crowes from the first second they went on sale for their upcoming NY show, but a little silly. Ok, I vented. Very happy with 8th row and psyched for the show!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesT42 View Post
Haven't chimed in for a while-doesn't mean I'm not enjoying the banter.
This happened last time for RDM. Town Hall sold one side of the aisle(the odds) before starting again at the first row of the even side. Doesn't make sense but it is what it is. I got first row last night at 6PM.

See ya there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: