The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > General Jayhawks Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2005

Decembers Child is a great album. It's more than worth it to pick it up.

I also forgot to add that Gary and Mark did a version of Bad Time that they just totally winged. Sounded pretty good though! It took the place of 5 Cups of Coffee (grrrrrr).
Old 02-20-2005
Senior Alleycat

Great time last night.

Lenno, nice to meet you clog man! Hope your eating much healthier today.

Also could have sworn I knew the guy at the merch table - just can't place the face.

Good to see all who made the trip again...now, if I could just figure out why this certain bar waitress keeps calling my cell phone #

Last edited by riflesport : 02-20-2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-20-2005
VILE

Hobnobbing with the drunken collegiates?

Did I see you giving an occasional nod, wink, and pat to those two drunken frat boys and their underage "conglomerate" up front late in the show, rifle?

Did they really need any more encouragement?

Good to see you there, anyway, even if we didn't exchange pleasantries. Here's to the next time...
Old 02-20-2005
Senior Alleycat

Encouragement?... Well actually Axe man, that was them apologising - if you were close enough you knew the story

They were getting my Scotch up a bit by stumbling & smashing into Lenno every chance they got... so we switched places for the encores and things worked out rather fine!

Swill35516 (Sam I am) was right there with us,...that shit does not need to happen.

Last edited by riflesport : 02-20-2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old 02-20-2005
VILE

Gotcha.

I'm not exactly sure what was going on (which explains how I could think you were being cordial with them...), but saw a lot of stuff I didn't like from them.

It's the Type that burns me, I think...the guys who can be asses in every sense for an entire evening, then think their pitiful little, "Hey, man, sorry I've been an asshole tonight, buddy," and the friendly pat they put on your back makes everything they've spent the night doing OK.

Grrrr...

ANYWAY...good to have seen you again. Let's hit Town Hall Brewery before the next decent show in town. I'll buy us some pints!
Old 02-20-2005

Rifle - what did they do? I'm wondering if these were the same people we were near.
Old 02-20-2005
Senior Alleycat

Oh amatuer night...no biggy really, a couple tall Frat punks and a micro buddy that were so pissed up they wobbled out of control for most of the last hour of the show.

They were doing the fist pump and would yell Fuck You to the boys on stage etc...and only wanted to hear "Bad Time"

Well they kept stumbling back and forth to the bar on the left & apparently one got cut off - so then they ended up a little left of center stage where Lenno and I were standing (behind PB & Emmy & Ed) Shit kept happening so I switched places with Lenno and fucked back at them little...all was fine - just alot of booze talking in the boys.
Old 02-20-2005
Swim baby Swim

Send a message via AIM to girl incognito
Quote:
Originally posted by riflesport

They were doing the fist pump and would yell Fuck You to the boys on stage etc...and only wanted to hear "Bad Time"

[/b]
How terrible!! I would hate that!

~Kristy
Old 02-20-2005

wow. Some interesting behaviour.

Anyway, I forgot to add that Crowded in the Wings was simply amazing. Mark seemed to have a really good time with the bass on that one. Other highlights IMHO were Blue, I'd Run Away, Over My Shoulder, Two Angels, King of Kings among others. The crowd was prettyu young and while chatty, also seemed pretty responsive. I hope this shows up on easytree!
Old 02-20-2005

yeah the venue was *great*. I really hope to see future Jayhawks shows there. Easy parking, free parking right across from the joint , etc.

It was less stressful going 2 hours to Madison to see a show than driving 1/2 hour to Chicago.
Old 02-20-2005
Senor Member

Re: Olson and Louris in Madison

Quote:
Originally posted by PretentiousWilco
A hell of a show! I was completely amazed to see Mark and Gary on stage and playing together. It is something I never thought I would see. Just an outstanding show.
Glacier,
where were you standing at the show?

as much shit as people give you on the board here (sometimes deservedly so ), you are such a character
that i'm sure all the regular folks (myself included) would have loved to meet you just to say "hey".
Old 02-21-2005

Olson & Louris, Madison

Wonderful show, certainly bodes well for the future collaborations of these two.

I'd guess they played about 25-28 songs. At one point Olson played about 6 straight, hampering the pace a little, but I generally enjoyed his stuff. I thought he was better sitting at the keyboards, but did enjoy his colourful bass playing quite a bit. It's really wonderful to realise that at a somewhat nostalgic show I was just as excited to hear Louris's recent material and, to a lesser extent, Olson's stuff. The anti-GWB stuff needs to be kicked off the setlist, though.

"Say You'll Be Mine" is a timel;ess track that reminded me a bit of the Zombies.

kess
Old 02-21-2005
Haggischomper

Re: Re: Olson and Louris in Madison

Quote:
Originally posted by cootner
Glacier,
where were you standing at the show?

as much shit as people give you on the board here (sometimes deservedly so ), you are such a character
that i'm sure all the regular folks (myself included) would have loved to meet you just to say "hey".
Ditto. Would love the opportunity to share a beer with Glacier and shoot the shit for a while.
Old 02-21-2005

Thumbs up

Very cool. Thx guys

I have to say one of the things I noticed most about the Madison show was just how much fun Olson was having. The guy was really into it and seemed to REALLY be enjoying himself. I can assure you he was not that way at the last Creekdipper show I saw.
Old 02-21-2005
Senor Member

Attached Images
File Type: jpg madison.jpg (90.8 KB, 283 views)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: