The Jayhawks FanPage Board  

Go Back   The Jayhawks FanPage Board > Jayhawks Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-16-2003
Lenno

Marc Pearlman sep 15th

"One of my favorite places" said Gary of Paradiso yesterday. As I gather my socks I want you to give this impression of a great show. Much better than the one in tivoli. Paradiso is an old church with wooden structure and glass-tainted windows. So a great atmosphere by itself. The Jays came on and directly put all out. A lot of energy from stage, they were liking it and showing it off!

The sound was excellent, a good balance between vocals and guitars. The setlist had some extras I think, my favorites were in it. A very good Settled Down Like Rain.

The encore was stunning. They started with Baltimore Sun of Blue Earth, which I thought they would never play if you see the latest setlists. Stephen played banjo. And than came BAD TIME. WOW!

Marc Pearlman switched to guitar and backup vocals. It was the Pearlman show. He played the solos including a extended one which lasted several minutes (in my mind) Creating great effects and getting applause from Gary and the crowd. Stephen played bass on that one. Bad Time was extra extra long and the crowd went wild afterwards. Marc and Gary hi-fived, very nice.

They ended with Sister Cry a la Van Halen if you know what I mean. God, I hope a recording of this show pops up somewhere.

To end some notes:
- they shot some footage with a semi-professional camera (roadie and Marc). A movie in the making?
- Marc wear the same shirt as the day before.
- I totally enjoyed the show
- Gary devoted Sixteen Down to Johnny Cash
- the drunk Scotsman was there again, with a girl this time but she split halfway I think. Ay, one more drink please.
Old 09-16-2003
Drive By Tukker

I DON'T WANNA HERE ANYTHING ABOUT A VERY GOOD SETTLED DOWN LIKE RAIN

Good to hear you enjoyed the show,.........jij wel...........snif.....
Old 09-16-2003
Blondie

Nice!

I used to have school parties and "group/class tournaments" in Paradiso... I love that place.
If your rhythm ever falls out of time,
You can bring it to me and I will make it alright.

My Flickr Account
Old 09-16-2003
reformed non-smoker

Bad Time....not fair!!

Did you see any tapers?

Theyve had a camera at all the shows, have they not? I think they had it in May also.
“Under no circumstances shall I, Christine, assume any liability whatsoever for any and all of my actions, including but not limited to comments, statements and opinions, that may result in ridicule, scorn and/or pity or such other emotions as may be deemed negative on my part (hereinafter the “Actions”). In all such events shall the liability for such Actions lie solely and completely with JayB, and JayB shall assume and accept full liability, ridicule, pity and/or scorn for any Actions. Hereafter any and all such ridicule, scorn, etc. shall be deemed to be answered with the following statement: “JayB did it”, whether expressely stated or not.”
Old 09-16-2003

Now THAT'S a good review! Perlman has switched off instruments on that song a bunch of times in the past. Nice to see they're having fun in merry olde Europe.

-- GM
Old 09-16-2003

thanks for the review

<The encore was stunning. They started with Baltimore Sun of Blue Earth, which I thought they would never play if you see the latest setlists. Stephen played banjo. And than came BAD TIME. WOW!>

wow. I'm drooling here. can't hardly wait for Saturday night!
Old 09-16-2003
Drive By Tukker

Did some line-dancing ???

Hi Lenno, what about the audience? Was it as crowded as at Tivoli? And how enthusiastic were they? You're right about Paradiso though it's a far more better place than Tivoli.
(Some friends (?) of mine, heard Blue Earth, and asked me if that was the band I had seen, "sure is" , than they asked "was there line-dancing too?"
Old 09-16-2003

Re: Marc Pearlman sep 15th

Quote:
Originally posted by Lenno
[B- the drunk Scotsman was there again, with a girl this time but she split halfway I think. Ay, one more drink please. [/b]
Yah... And at some point I gave him exactly what he wanted, after rubbing his beer down my back the whole night. My spot in front.

I expected the crowd to be more enthousiastic but still it was fun to see The Jayhawks for the first time ever.
And what more does a girl wants to do so at Paradiso?

Greetings, Jo.

P.s.: Does anybody who went last night have the name of the support band?
Old 09-17-2003

I think the opening act was Mercury me or something. At least that was what the Paradiso website said, unfortunately I missed the opening act thanks to the NS

But the Jayhawks show was great, did anyone get a setlist? Or have a great memory.... I forgot half the songs they played already
Old 09-17-2003
Lenno

yes, we certainly need to find a taper or one of those guys in front who nicked a setlist.

it was crowded, zernie, comparable to Tivoli. But Paradiso brings something more to it. And the songs they played I liked better.

By the way, they also played: (not in the right order)
Caught with a smile on my face.
Blue
I'd run away
Tailspin
Angelyne
Eyes of Sarahjane
will I see you in heaven
Trouble
Sixteen Down
Tampa to Tulsa
Bad Time (that one i want on tape !)
Sister Cry
Baltimore Sun
Expecting to Fly
Nothing left to Borrow (not sure. maybe that was the night before)
Clouds
Settled Down Like Rain
Take me with you (when you go)
Waiting for the Sun
Two Hearts
All the Right Reasons

uuhhh, that's about it I think (not garantees!)
Old 09-18-2003

Bad Time

I totally agree with your impression of Bad Time. For me also WOW_experience! Pity I had to leave during Sister Cry.
Much better concert than the acoustic one earlier this year.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: