The Jayhawks FanPage Board

The Jayhawks FanPage Board (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/index.php)
-   OT: (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Now playing at work.... (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/showthread.php?t=2449)

Lenno 04-23-2004 05:27 AM

Now playing at work....

The Eagles - Hell freezes over
Creekdippers - Mystic Theatre
Jayhawks - Rainy Day Music
Josh Rouse - Under Cold Blue Stars

On Friday I'm alone in my little workspace and can play my own cd's. On the other days it is radio-crap with Celine Dion, Lionel Richie etc

So what y'all playing? ;)

J.P. 04-23-2004 06:17 AM

At the moment i'm listening to "The Uncle Devil Show- A Terrible Beauty" this is a colaberation of Kevin and Jim McDermott from The Kevin McDermott Orchestra and Justin Currie from Del Amitri,it's a great Cd,and i would recommend any KMO or Del Amitri fans to check it out.

J.P.

(Great avitar Lenno!!!!)

LiladyK 04-23-2004 07:26 AM

I don't have to work today, so there!:p ;)
(worked more than I should have earlier in the week)

but I just wanted to say:

"my, what extremely handsome looking avitars you both have!" :D

LildeviladyK 04-23-2004 07:39 AM

Mark, Lenno and J.P. are all hotties! Sizzlin! Whoo hooo! Yowsa!

muskytoes 04-23-2004 07:46 AM

play at work

David Lindley and El Rayo-X "Very Greasy" a Electra Asylum release from '87. It's got lots of cajun and New Orlean's influence's here. A great cover of Werewolve's of London and my favorite Tiki Torches at Twilight. Kinda like the Neville's meet the Creekdipper's.
Joe Strummer and the Mescalaro's "Streetcore" on Hellcat Records. This is the final Strummer record put out shortley after his death last year. It's fast becoming the soundtrack to this Spring. It's got lot's of different sounds on the 10 track CD. Bob Marley's Redemption Song is bittersweet to say the least as Joe really was one of Bob's contempary's. Still it's got lot's of workingman etho's and sliff friendly beats, highly recommended.
Jayhawk's Club Zima Sweden 11-10-93 Another great FM boot from the European HTH tour. This has the monstrous Leave No Gold as the third song in the set,and the new favorite Everybody Gets By, plus Darling Today and Light's. It also feature's an early version of Miss William's Guitar.

LiladyK 04-23-2004 08:05 AM

11-10-93

this is really weird

11-10-93 I've had for a very long time, but did that one slip away from me and I forgot to listen? (it's possible if you get a lot in the mail in one shot)

it has "Everybody Gets By" on it?!? and a diff. version of MWG?!?

I thought only 11-14-93 has "Everybody Gets By" on it. The only one in existence. Lenno, that's our song, remember?! I hope you're right, because that would make me an extremely happy lilady on this TGIF...and Mr. Lenno too.

I can't stand it any longer, I'm going downstairs to get my shovel and dig that one up. :eek:

Lenno 04-23-2004 08:10 AM

Yeah LiladyK

I was shocked to read ol' Musky reference to Everybody Gets By and searched phishook for that show. And you have it! haha
I just written that down: ask for Kim to HUB it if she has the chance.

And that all at work, thank god it's friday

anyway; Club Zimba was in Italy I think. And someone has video of it on phishook ("hanse") , is that a known video?

muskytoes 04-23-2004 08:39 AM

Yeah that show does sound like a Pro-Shot audio feed really pretty clean except for the damn blurbs from the radio edit's (nasty jumps)

Now here's the rub: There is also another great radio broadcast from the US dated 11-14-93 from WNNX Atlanta that also has the song "Everybody Gets By" on it as well. Now I know some dates have been disputed but this puts the boys back on US soil 4 days after a show in Sweden. Now I have heard of airplanes so it's possible they we're at the end of the euro-tour and did some radio promo stuff back here within the same week. Or the Sweden show could have been in October???

Lenno 04-23-2004 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by muskytoes
. Or the Sweden show could have been in October???
One thing's for sure; Club Zimba was a club in Milan, Italy. And that date thing could well be the European vs. American thing about mm-dd-yyyy or dd-mm-yyyy

muskytoes 04-23-2004 08:49 AM

That's what I'm saying in my back ass American fashion...lol

Still it's quite the kicking show!!!
You know maybe that's why Leave No Gold was left off the American pressings of HTH. Cause it was such a kickin' tune it would have taken away from the obvious single the suits we're pushing down our throats...Just another case of the man keeping us down.

Haggischomper 04-23-2004 08:54 AM

Now playing? er......Mah Jonng. Don't tell my boss...

LiladyK 04-23-2004 09:21 AM

playin it now...

Ok, found it, it's playing now....the Club Zimba

I remember why I didn't hear the whole thing....I thought that whoever transferred it, had the speed up a lil too fast. Not a lot too fast really, it's not bad. And I got the 11-14-93 originally sounding really fast, like the Chipmunks were singing it, but someone adjusted it for me.

Yeah, Lenno, "Everybody Gets By" is on here and it HAS a bridge! It's beautiful and complete.

Ya know how the 11-14-93 one goes "this one is so new, we haven't even written a bridge for it yet"

I hate to say this, but I'm gonna solicit someone to maybe "Cool Edit" this or something and slow it down a lil....really, it'd sound better. Someone who is able to do it relatively soon. Over to the Bunkhouse I go.

Lenno, I can hub this for you today in a folder w/your name on it (I eventually want to trash this copy and hub one of more natural speed for the majority....these guys just sound pumped up on 5 cups of coffee double time)

Darling Today is on now.....done just a lil different, man! Nice! I like it better than the CD version.

the radio between track stuff isn't all that bad, I've heard worse....

bluerodeo 04-23-2004 09:30 AM

Yo Lenno....

Yeah, I'm all alone here in my make shift office (overlooking Lake Ontario!)

In the CD player today...

Maria McKee "You Got To Sin To Get Saved"

Skydiggers "Road Radio"

Hothouse Flowers "Home"

and for the afternoon, I'm gonna throw on something a bit of a guilt pleasure, probably "Opaline" by Dishwalla.

bluerodeo

JayB 04-23-2004 10:06 AM

I got:

Stones - Sticky Fingers
Bob Marley - Kaya
Jayhawks - Hollywood...
Van Morrison - Moondance
Counting Crows - August and Everything After (haven't listened to this one for years... pretty decent album).

Mosby 04-23-2004 11:10 AM

Quote:

David Lindley and El Rayo-X "Very Greasy" a Electra Asylum release from '87.
Hey Musky, I haven't heard that one since...well 1987 or so. Lindley is such a fantastic guitarist and one of the best slide players this side of Ry Cooder. Lindley was famous for playing the cheapest, cheesiest, crappy guitars he could find yet he got such exquisite tones out of them. His work with Jackson Brown and Warren Zevon is legendary. I'll have to go dig this one out, great stuff.