The Jayhawks FanPage Board

The Jayhawks FanPage Board (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/index.php)
-   Updates (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Live Album on Hold (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/showthread.php?t=5657)

Calexico 07-28-2006 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by greekguy
Any word on the Live Album?
Frampton Comes Alive? Dude it's 2006....

greekguy 07-28-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Calexico
Frampton Comes Alive? Dude it's 2006....
The sales of that album may be the most confounding mystery of the 20th century.

JoMama 07-28-2006 05:43 PM

WILLIE NELSON link to the 'lost' LIVE ALBUM...

Ok you post whores, I'm a gonna drop some posts all in one because this thread makes me thinkt there should be an "IM" attachment to this site so ya's can talk "live" to each other...
"Live" now that reminds me of a couple of things...
Ok, for starters, the LOURIS/OLSON live CD from the two tours seems to be more than just a rumour, but where does that fit in with the items on the backburner? We still have a Remastered Bunkhouse album to see the light of day, the legendary-by-now Lost Highway LIVE Jayhawks set that probably will suck anyway compared to the two Womyn's Club sets, save for the inclusion of live material from the Mark Olson days...
Speaking of multiple WILLIE NELSON issues on LOST HIGHWAY, they are doing the same thing Columbia did when they got stuck with Willie in the 70's: If you can't sell enough of one title, put out more titles, EVENTUALLY one will gain notoriety enough to pay off all the ones with sluggish sales, and even inspire more sales of those ones...
WILLIE'S GANJA album: I bought it because I was impressed Willie could put a marijauna-leafed-album cover on the shelves at WalMart and Target... The music sounded like Willie gave up the weed too soon... He should have hired Sly and Robbie to produce so it made him look the hero for doing so little, eh Bob Dylan?...
When the American faux-christian police state that BushCo have hinted at comes to be, the Willie CD will be on the black market even though it's pretty week, like Minnesota ditch weed...

All this LOST HIGHWAY money tied up in Willie's fantasy to die a million dollars in debt is why there's no LIVE Jayhawks album. I'm sure arm-wrestling with Rick Rubin's AMERICAN label has a little to do with it too, as he's in posession of the remastered Bunkhouse, last I heard...
Who's the losers here? The fans, as usual.
When LOST HIGHWAY folds in on itself there will be a big loss felt thoughout this and other websites. They should have jumped on the DIXIE CHICKS' wagon a couple of years ago when the venomous rightie whackos were so freaked out they paid off the radio stations to boycott them.
Look at the money LH would have made on the newest Chicks album--enough to release the cream of the crop sitting in their vaults.
We need to wake them up...

Haggischomper 08-01-2006 09:19 PM

Should I bring my poking stick?

greekguy 09-27-2006 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haggischomper (Post 111796)
Should I bring my poking stick?

Bring it on!

JayB 10-18-2006 06:43 PM

Yer

Calexico 10-19-2006 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 118279)
Yer

A bit bored at home with the flu Jay?:)

JayB 10-23-2006 03:14 AM

I'd rather be bliiiiiind, crippled and crazy...
Then have the live album pushing up the daisies.

Haggischomper 11-13-2006 08:55 PM

Anyone who was at the recorded show started thinking they actually dreamt the whole thing yet?

nationaljoe 11-15-2006 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Haggischomper (Post 119974)
Anyone who was at the recorded show started thinking they actually dreamt the whole thing yet?

affirmative

JayB 12-04-2006 05:28 AM

So is this still on hold, or has it been deleted from the release schedule?

JoMama 01-25-2007 07:32 PM

Ok so the problem with the issuing of the live record has something related to the Gary and Mark album now? Is someone gonna hold that carrot out to the boys, or do they actually have to SHOP this record? Shouldn't be tough, I mean, what A & R person hasn't heard the Jayhawks or anything similar? If not, what are they doing in A & R ? Now there's the ten-thousand-dollar Run Westy Run question of the week...

5 releases in the next couple of years:
Mark And Gary
Live Jayhawks
Jayhawks 'Best Of: We're An Americana Band'
Tim O'Reagan's amazing followup
Da Bunkhouse disque
:D :D :D

Haggischomper 01-25-2007 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 121194)
So is this still on hold, or has it been deleted from the release schedule?

Heck, the original live album thread got deleted so why not the album? :)

JoMama 01-26-2007 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMama (Post 123969)

5 releases in the next couple of years:
Mark And Gary
Live Jayhawks
Jayhawks 'Best Of: We're An Americana Band'
Tim O'Reagan's amazing followup
Da Bunkhouse disque
:D :D :D

Oops, how scandalous of me--I left off the important NUMBER SIX ON THE LIST:

Gary Louris solo

And of course, a number 7 may be the next Golden Smog one...

Jedey 04-28-2007 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenno (Post 102576)
May I remind you people that "the live album will be released in 2006" ?!

Let me know how that worked out.:p