The Jayhawks FanPage Board

The Jayhawks FanPage Board (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/index.php)
-   Updates (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Live Album on Hold (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/showthread.php?t=5657)

Fisheye 01-19-2008 02:09 PM

I agree. I bet they even have a bunch of loser fans that hang around a message board board waiting for this sucky live album and discussing other crappy bands that never make it to the radio..... loser band, loser fans.

JoMama 01-19-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 145258)
In fact the whole band just plain out sucked... always... awful band with their down to earth sound, organic sounding recordings, lack of radio friendly moster hits...

They don't deserve a live album... I'd buy Britney Spears Live At Sears Super Mall over a Jayhawks live album any day.

Yeah, sure, Hannah Montana Obama is more important in the big picture anyway...:eek:

JayB 01-20-2008 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fisheye (Post 145280)
I agree. I bet they even have a bunch of loser fans that hang around a message board board waiting for this sucky live album and discussing other crappy bands that never make it to the radio..... loser band, loser fans.

Like that other bunch of losers from round your neck of the woods sang... "Looooooooosering...".

Yer.

Haggischomper 01-24-2008 01:38 PM

I heard there was a contractual issue over the name. Apparently, it was to be called 'Stephen McCarthy's Jayhawks Plays The Songs Of Mark Olson's Jayhawks With A Tip Of The Cap To Gary Louris' Jayhawks'. Karen Grotberg (wearing a Jen Gunderman mask) slapped an injunction on it.

poorlittlefish 01-31-2008 08:28 PM

So I take it the live album is still on hold?

Fisheye 01-31-2008 09:05 PM

No, it was released about a month ago...where have you been? :D ;)

poorlittlefish 01-31-2008 09:10 PM

I've been lurking around. Waiting, watching. God, that sounds creepy...

JayB 02-01-2008 07:38 AM

It's shit, don't bother buying it.

It's the techno beats and synths that ruin it.

poorlittlefish 02-01-2008 08:36 AM

Too late. I just blew the rest of my paycheck buying up the last 20 copies for me and all my friends.

illbecominhome 02-01-2008 09:13 AM

Don't worry, it'll make for nice coasters for Aslan's b-day party :D

Fisheye 02-01-2008 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 146616)
It's shit, don't bother buying it.

It's the techno beats and synths that ruin it.

Yea that, and it is too glossy LOL

JayB 02-21-2008 01:25 PM

Seriously though, I'm all for reworking old songs... hell, it works a treat for Dylan... but who really needs a gabber house version of Crowded In The Wings... yuch.

Calexico 02-21-2008 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayB (Post 148864)
Seriously though, I'm all for reworking old songs... hell, it works a treat for Dylan... but who really needs a gabber house version of Crowded In The Wings... yuch.

WTF is gabber? Do you mean gabba, a style of hardcore dance music? Get it right, you are from the race that spawned Two Unlimited after all.

illbecominhome 02-21-2008 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico (Post 148866)
Get it right, you are from the race that spawned Two Unlimited after all.

Jajaja, yeah and if I remember correctly from that "almost famous" thread, he even met them back on Holland... talk about classy disco music stuff!

JayB 04-27-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico (Post 148866)
WTF is gabber? Do you mean gabba, a style of hardcore dance music? Get it right, you are from the race that spawned Two Unlimited after all.

Yer, gabba... my friends and I used to call it gabber as gabber is a Dutch slang word for mate.

Anyhow... yes, I did meet 2Unlimited (get it right!)... or the rapper dude, Ray, at least... he nearly got his two stooges (the size of King Kong) to beat me up because I let him bump into me in a hallway. Eejit.