The Jayhawks FanPage Board

The Jayhawks FanPage Board (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/index.php)
-   OT: (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Who do you still want to see live? (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/showthread.php?t=7350)

Haggischomper 03-15-2006 08:25 PM

Who do you still want to see live?

On the train this a.m. I was thinking about my lack of gig-going the past couple of years. Part of me misses it and part of me really couldn't care less anymore - I guess I have just moved on to a new phase in life. Anyway, I was thinking that I have pretty much seen everybody I want to see at least once with one notable exception - Tom waits.

So, I want to see ol' Tom and then I can be entirely happy. Who do YOU want to see live that you haven't already?

(p.s. Waits fans - looks like the triple cd Orphans may be with us in a couple of months. Start saving...)

alanlyon 03-15-2006 08:44 PM

Joni Mitchell

ChiefCrowe 03-15-2006 08:52 PM

Re: Who do you still want to see live?

oh come on, don't tell me that a part of you couldn't care less anymore!!!!!

the MAN has got a hold of your Soul dude!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Haggischomper
On the train this a.m. I was thinking about my lack of gig-going the past couple of years. Part of me misses it and part of me really couldn't care less anymore - I guess I have just moved on to a new phase in life. Anyway, I was thinking that I have pretty much seen everybody I want to see at least once with one notable exception - Tom waits.

So, I want to see ol' Tom and then I can be entirely happy. Who do YOU want to see live that you haven't already?

(p.s. Waits fans - looks like the triple cd Orphans may be with us in a couple of months. Start saving...)

sybilskelton 03-15-2006 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alanlyon
Joni Mitchell
Not these days. I'm one of the hugest Joni fans around, but I wouldn't walk across the street to see her perform nowadays - the voice is gone along with her creative muse.

Ahh, but back in the day.

Thanks to the miracle of vinyl recordings, I can listen to Miles of Aisles and pretend Joni and I are both still in our twenties.

Sybil

JayB 03-16-2006 04:45 AM

Unrealistic: Otis Redding, James Carr, Wilson Picket, Aretha Franklin (Atlantic years Aretha), Townes Van Zandt, Bob Marley...

Somewhat realistic: Derek Trucks Band!!!, Guy Clark, Allman Brothers Band, Jeffrey Foucault... I'm sure there's more.

Chaosdan 03-16-2006 04:55 AM

David Bowie, Iggy Pop and Lou Reed are three of my musical heroes that I've never caught live. I've got closest to seeing Bowie... stuck in a traffic jam on the way the Phoenix Festival in 1996 while he was already on stage. That said, all three have played in London in the last few years and I didn't bother going, so I guess I'm not that fussed...

Bryn 03-16-2006 04:55 AM

Purely and simply The Jayhawks, in any incarnation but ideally with both Olson and Louris.:)

Lenno 03-16-2006 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bryn
Purely and simply The Jayhawks, in any incarnation but ideally with both Olson and Louris.:)
+1

JayB 03-16-2006 06:09 AM

You guys never seen the Jayhawks?!?!

I feel your pain.

Calexico 03-16-2006 09:18 AM

I would like to see Ticketmaster shut down and run out of town and prices for tickets come down a bit. Then we could feckin' see who we wanted.

Having said that I too would love to see Tom Waits....just for the improbably freakish spectacle of him preforming.

Jules 03-16-2006 09:30 AM

I'd like to see Beck.

Angelyne 03-16-2006 09:41 AM

Marc Ford and the Sinners!!!!!!!!

Bulldog
Dean Owen
Wayne Robbins and the Hellsayers
Calexico (never did go that time, I had to cancel :()
Mother Hips
Sun Kin Moon

zebulon 03-16-2006 01:49 PM

I follow JayB´s realistic and unrealistic idea and:

realistic(?) :Paul Kelly, Richmond Fontaine, Greg Trooper,Son Volt,...

unrealistic: Warren Zevon:(

However, as Jony pointed out somewhere, March is going to be special: Jackson Browne tonight, Charlie Musselwhite this Sunday, Drive by Truckers next week, and in two weeks, my best weekend ever!!!!!!:)

BoogieMan 03-16-2006 02:10 PM

I want to see Calexico, which will happen soon

Calexico 03-17-2006 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BoogieMan
I want to see Calexico, which will happen soon

No way man....I am not having some Quo/Hass loving weirdo hanging around looking to crash on my couch!!

nevadacalifornia 03-18-2006 08:29 AM

The Impossible: The Ramones , Stevie Ray Vaughan.

The Possible: Son Volt , Todd Snider, Kevn Kinney/Drivn 'n Cryn

JoMama 03-18-2006 08:59 AM

I can only dream...

A hopeless romantic I am sure... Had I that kind of money, a dream vacation to Europe with my wife to catch a couple of shows each of Mark and Gary's tours would take away a lot of cabin fever.

I've seen so many of my faves over the years it's hard to figure out just what would float my boat...Elvis Costello for sure, Lou Reed, Coheed & Cambria, and quite impossibly Tim McGraw would be fun just to see all the bling-cowboys and cowgirls...(ok, I wouldn't want to pay the bling-cowboy price, so that one's only a "you won a ticket" deal...)

ericcd 03-18-2006 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by JayB
Unrealistic: Otis Redding, James Carr, Wilson Picket, Aretha Franklin (Atlantic years Aretha), Townes Van Zandt, Bob Marley...

Somewhat realistic: Derek Trucks Band!!!, Guy Clark, Allman Brothers Band, Jeffrey Foucault... I'm sure there's more.

Damn JayB...I've been listening to James Carr all week...!!

I figured he was way under everyone's radar...!!

He may top Otis in my book...(just maybe)...

Oh...and I'd really like to see David Bowie...

lebowski 03-20-2006 10:42 PM

robert cray. never seen 'em.

springsteen in new jersey. seen him live before, but i'd like to see him on his home turf. just think it would be fun.

Jiff 03-21-2006 10:55 PM

"Who do you still want to see live?"

I can tell you who I want to see *die*, Bin Laden and Sadass Hussein.

Considering I've been on 383 concert outings, I've seen most all the older artists I want to.. I can think of the Who, Cat Stevens, Prince, Gerry Rafferty, the two Bee Gees and Chris Rea that I'd still like to see. I'm sure there'll be some upstart band with enough good songs to fill a concert I'll want to see,,, some day.,, I hope.

wpod 03-22-2006 02:11 AM

Jayhawks, Wilco, Son Volt, Flaming Lips. There are other bands I'd go see, like the Wallflowers, but I wouldn't go too far out of my way.

calycanto 03-22-2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by lebowski
robert cray. never seen 'em.

I saw him last summer in Vitoria's jazz festival, what an incredible singer and guitar player!!
I would like to see REM, Marah, Gin Blossoms, Barenaked Ladies
Cracker again, now that I know better their songs.
And my secret wish: The Darkness in a small venue. Don't tell anybody;)

zebulon 03-22-2006 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by calycanto

Cracker again, now that I know better their songs.

I have seen them twice. The first one, they blew me away, and made me want to see the band again a few months later. But the bass player was missing!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :(

goody59 03-22-2006 02:33 PM

[quote]Originally posted by lebowski
[b]robert cray. never seen 'em.

Saw him when he was supporting Strong Persuader. Once as as a headliner, the other opening for Clapton (Greg Phillinganes, Nathan East, Phil Collins-great band) at the Garden, which was an unbelievable show.

greekguy 03-22-2006 02:43 PM

I still want to see Eddie and The Cruisers, because there ain't no way that Eddie is dead. I saw the documentary.

norma023 03-22-2006 05:50 PM

Golden Smog

:D

JoMama 03-23-2006 07:50 AM

Re: .

Quote:

Originally posted by Jiff
"Who do you still want to see live?"

and Chris Rea that I'd still like to see.

Amen! I was thinking Chris Rea after posting earlier. Let me know if you ever hear of 'ol Chris touring. "Fool If You Think It's Over", his only stateside hit, even though it's not really a good example of him, it bookmarked him in my mind forever... A splendid rogue balladeer, that...

on the beach 3 03-23-2006 04:31 PM

The Beatles

hellsayer 04-29-2006 10:52 PM

hey to angelyne...saw a few times you've mentioned us here on this board, and wanted to say thank you so very, very, very much for supporting us and doing so w/out any reason..not trying to spam, just felt compelled..thanks and we'll get out there soon, promise...will definitely send a copy of new album, which begins may 7th...thanks again and cheers! the hellsayers
www.myspace.com/thehellsayers

Balloon Man 04-29-2006 10:57 PM

Marah (good possibility)

Del Amitri (broke up)

Crowded House (I know)

ChiefCrowe 05-01-2006 05:42 PM

i want to see the hellsayers too.. thanks Angelyne for getting me into them!!! :) :D

Quote:

Originally posted by hellsayer
hey to angelyne...saw a few times you've mentioned us here on this board, and wanted to say thank you so very, very, very much for supporting us and doing so w/out any reason..not trying to spam, just felt compelled..thanks and we'll get out there soon, promise...will definitely send a copy of new album, which begins may 7th...thanks again and cheers! the hellsayers
www.myspace.com/thehellsayers