The Jayhawks FanPage Board

The Jayhawks FanPage Board (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/index.php)
-   Updates (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Live Album on Hold (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/showthread.php?t=5657)

LiladyK 03-23-2006 05:04 PM

DIE old thread, die at last a lasting and peaceful death!

Hopes haunt me like ghosts, they point their fingers......for a new album:confused:

ghosts I tell ya......ghosts, and there are spider webs on this thread too;)

JoMama 03-23-2006 05:36 PM

Why should the thread go away?

Maybe just perhaps the sentiment will eventually lead to an actual release.
I would think LOST HIGHWAY has some money for it, and could spot the GARY/MARK, and SMOG tours with copies to move for them...
Maybe not too...

LiladyK 03-24-2006 07:38 PM

Yeah, I hear ya. :)

We need a petition of our signatures in protest sent directly to Lost Highway, perhaps? I don't really know the answer. We keep hoping, but I don't think the folks at L.H. read our fanpage.......:rolleyes:

"we wanna put out everything you've ever done":eek:

:(

Jedey 03-26-2006 07:48 AM

From The Guinness Book of Records:

Fastest Concert Recording To Release

The fastest time between the recording of a live concert performance and its release for digital download sale is 44 min and 39 sec for "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" performed by Sir Paul McCartney (UK) and U2 (Ireland), and organised by Universal Music Group International, eLabs and on behalf of Live 8 on 2 July 2005.

Unfortunately for Lost Highway they don't have a record for longest amount of time from recording to release.:mad:

Haggischomper 03-26-2006 09:05 AM

Fucking Beatles and fucking U2. Jeebus!

Lenno 04-18-2006 11:55 PM

May I remind you people that "the live album will be released in 2006" ?!

Jedey 04-19-2006 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lenno
May I remind you people that "the live album will be released in 2006" ?!
If you believe that, would you like to buy the Brooklyn Bridge?:rolleyes:

poorlittlefish 04-19-2006 08:29 AM

There's a live album? :rolleyes:

goody59 04-20-2006 10:37 AM

I say that the live album and the Bunkhouse record are shelved til 2007 at least when Rick Rubin's distribution deal with Warners kicks in.

Calexico 04-21-2006 06:43 AM

I'd say there is a motherlode of stuff lost in Rubin's beard. We may need an expedition a la Armeggedon to go bring the treasure out.

Lenno 04-21-2006 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by goody59
I say that the live album and the Bunkhouse record are shelved til 2007 at least when Rick Rubin's distribution deal with Warners kicks in.
?? Why's that? Rick expecting some big money from these??
I think that if the Jayhawks don't wanna support the live album with a tour, there'll be no release of a Live Album. What would be the market for that??

JoMama 04-21-2006 07:58 AM

Rick Rubin?

I thought Drackolias was the big 'hawker at Rubin's label... Anyway, some labels will issue things without a tour, and some often do to keep interest in the band up, especially if they still have the individuals signed for solo or new band projects. All that has to come into play for the label folks.
As far as Rubin goes, I guess I don't know the story of just who has the rights to Bunkhouse, since Rubin hinted at releasing it before Lost Highway came into the picture.
I guess I'll just keep listening to Johnny Cash's "Unchained" and imagine the Jayhawks on it (the original choice of backing band, right?).

goody59 04-24-2006 08:17 PM

My point mainly being Lost Plotway has no incentive to do anything since the band is on hiatus and Rubin's deal is up. Warner cant possibly treat them any worse.

Quote:

Originally posted by Lenno
?? Why's that? Rick expecting some big money from these??
I think that if the Jayhawks don't wanna support the live album with a tour, there'll be no release of a Live Album. What would be the market for that??

greekguy 07-28-2006 09:22 AM

Any word on the Live Album?

JayB 07-28-2006 10:00 AM

It's on hold I hear.