The Jayhawks FanPage Board

The Jayhawks FanPage Board (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/index.php)
-   General Jayhawks Discussion (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Friday pre-gig meet up... (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/showthread.php?t=13897)

JayB 07-31-2011 12:49 PM

Friday pre-gig meet up...

What's the plan? If there is one...

I don't really know the area that well, I have no idea if there's a decent pub round that place...

Calexico 07-31-2011 02:20 PM

I think Dan and his little movie friend probably have the upper hand on local knowledge around Kentish Town. How are you guys coming in? Driving? There's a couple decent looking pubs around the venue The Oxford, Assembly House and Bull and Gate. All look ok enough for a few pre-gig sherries.

JayB 07-31-2011 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calexico (Post 223002)
I think Dan and his little movie friend probably have the upper hand on local knowledge around Kentish Town. How are you guys coming in? Driving? There's a couple decent looking pubs around the venue The Oxford, Assembly House and Bull and Gate. All look ok enough for a few pre-gig sherries.

We'll drive somewhere, then take a tube from wherever we park. We'll probably park up somewhere in South London though. No idea what time we'll get there... probably aim to leave about 4 or 430ish...

And yes, we should probably wait for Dan to make a call on this.

CashCrowe 07-31-2011 08:33 PM

I just want to throw it out there that it's not fair that JayB has gotten to see The Tedeschi-Trucks Band, The Black Crowes, and the Jayhawks nearly all within a month. This concludes my whiny meltdown. Thank you for reading. Enjoy the shows man! Report back!

jebstuart 07-31-2011 10:22 PM

If anybody wants to ride in my Johnboat from Virginia to the Thames I am in. Just bring plenty of Guiness or maybe something stronger.

JayB 08-01-2011 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CashCrowe (Post 223047)
I just want to throw it out there that it's not fair that JayB has gotten to see The Tedeschi-Trucks Band, The Black Crowes, and the Jayhawks nearly all within a month. This concludes my whiny meltdown. Thank you for reading. Enjoy the shows man! Report back!

I'm sorry, sometimes life just sucks, doesn't it? :p

Will do... I'll let you know how awesome it was. ;)

PS I saw the Crowes twice in one week... and one of those gigs was the final show of the tour (or ever??) in the majestic Paradiso venue in Amsterdam.

Calexico 08-01-2011 08:35 AM

Well, we are available for a meet up from early afternoon on I should think.

JayB 08-02-2011 03:47 AM

Where's Dan when you need him?

greekguy 08-02-2011 08:21 AM

What the hell is a "tube"?

What the hell is a "johnboat"?

I do not understand the European language.

Icehaid 08-02-2011 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekguy (Post 223146)

Simple. A "tube" is what K-Y Jelly comes in and a "johnboat" is what Europeans use to transport pimps across the English Channel. ;)

JoMama 08-02-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icehaid (Post 223147)
Simple. A "tube" is what K-Y Jelly comes in and a "johnboat" is what Europeans use to transport pimps across the English Channel. ;)

What's K-Y Jelly? I sort of like preserves myself. Some locals have some great rasberry stuff this summer. Might have to bring some to St. Cloud if I make that one...

girl incognito1 08-02-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoMama (Post 223150)
What's K-Y Jelly? I sort of like preserves myself. Some locals have some great rasberry stuff this summer. Might have to bring some to St. Cloud if I make that one...

GACK!!!!!! :p :eek:

nutshell 08-02-2011 10:49 AM

I'd love to meet up with you all, if I can. :)

JayB 08-02-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greekguy (Post 223146)

Actually, the Johnboat was first mentioned on this thread by someone who is seemingly from Virginia, US of A (although I think the correct term is a Jon Boat... no?).

The Tube = the London Underground / the subway / the metro...

JayB 08-02-2011 11:12 AM

The lovely Amanda (who used to post here regularly before she went into hiding) suggested the following pub for a meet up:

Quote:

there's a pub near kentish town tube that i've been to before that's alright. come out the station, turn left, and it's about two building's down, on the next corner