The Jayhawks FanPage Board

The Jayhawks FanPage Board (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/index.php)
-   General Jayhawks Discussion (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Kraig - Question (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/showthread.php?t=8451)

Dignan 09-14-2006 05:26 PM

Kraig - Question

Okay, what's the deal? I've been checking on lien to try and pick up that solo KRAIG JOHNSON cd that came out a while back. Can't find it anywhere. did it really come out? So it came out, and sold out and went oop instantly? Anyone have any details. It's usually credited as KRAIG JARRET JOHNSON.

thanks
dignan

sacred roots 09-15-2006 01:03 AM

Kraig's "new" album -- the one that has been in the works for the last coupla years, the one that was originally scheduled to come out last fall in Europe -- still hasn't come out. Best guess when it will be released: early next year via Bittersweet Records in Spain with, hopefully, a domestic release to follow. There are many reasons for the delay, but there's no doubt that the sudden flurry of Smog-ish activity this year has pushed his solo stuff back a notch or two. In the interim he has continued to record new material -- he could prolly release a Sandanista length opus at this rate. The only place to hear his new stuff the last few years has been in concert; he has been playing several of the new songs during increasingly infrequent Program gigs locally. He also uncorked some of the new solo material during a tour earlier this year in Spain with Gary Louris.

Kraig's 7 song self-titled EP/mini-album that was released domestically in Nov. 2003 is long out of print, although there supposedly are still copies of a Euro version (released by Bittersweet with 3 extra tracks) still floating around in the cyber marketplace. Trying to get anything directly from Bittersweet is, to say the least, a frustrating experience. My suggestion if you ever come across a copy of the 2003 release: buy first & ask ???s later.

Lenno 09-15-2006 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sacred roots (Post 115975)
although there supposedly are still copies of a Euro version (released by Bittersweet with 3 extra tracks) still floating around in the cyber marketplace.

Well you can always fly to Madrid and just buy one in this huge record store. Just like I did! :D

illbecominhome 09-15-2006 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenno (Post 115977)
Well you can always fly to Madrid and just buy one in this huge record store. Just like I did! :D

Jaja, yeah right!

Dignan 09-15-2006 01:15 PM

thanks sacred! appreciate it!
so, just cus I'm dumb - the one I keep coming across , like on AMAZON, or ARTISTS DIRECT, where there is art work, and 7 tracks listed, that is the one that was gonna come out in Europe last fall? but then didn't? or, is that the hard to find one with the bonus tracks. here's what I keep coming across....
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/stor...842541,00.html

CaffeineZombie 09-15-2006 01:28 PM

Dignan-

the 7 song EP in the link above is the original 2003 release that is out of print,
as mentioned by Sacred Roots earlier in this thread

Dignan 09-15-2006 01:37 PM

I love this board!

thanks, I'm on the hunt for one.

zebulon 09-16-2006 02:46 AM

If you canīt find it, we might be able to help you from this side of the pond.

illbecominhome 09-16-2006 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zebulon (Post 116052)
If you canīt find it, we might be able to help you from this side of the pond.

Yeah, just let us know guys.

buttercup 09-21-2006 10:01 PM

Kraig ep

If we ever see any extra copies lying around on Kraig's coffee table, we will be sure to snag them.....

takemewithyou 09-22-2006 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by buttercup (Post 116531)
If we ever see any extra copies lying around on Kraig's coffee table, we will be sure to snag them.....

I suppose he uses them for coasters... ;)