The Jayhawks FanPage Board

The Jayhawks FanPage Board (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/index.php)
-   OT: (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Who do you still want to see live? (http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/boards/showthread.php?t=7350)

Haggischomper 03-15-2006 07:25 PM

Who do you still want to see live?

On the train this a.m. I was thinking about my lack of gig-going the past couple of years. Part of me misses it and part of me really couldn't care less anymore - I guess I have just moved on to a new phase in life. Anyway, I was thinking that I have pretty much seen everybody I want to see at least once with one notable exception - Tom waits.

So, I want to see ol' Tom and then I can be entirely happy. Who do YOU want to see live that you haven't already?

(p.s. Waits fans - looks like the triple cd Orphans may be with us in a couple of months. Start saving...)

alanlyon 03-15-2006 07:44 PM

Joni Mitchell

ChiefCrowe 03-15-2006 07:52 PM

Re: Who do you still want to see live?

oh come on, don't tell me that a part of you couldn't care less anymore!!!!!

the MAN has got a hold of your Soul dude!!!!!!!

Quote:

Originally posted by Haggischomper
On the train this a.m. I was thinking about my lack of gig-going the past couple of years. Part of me misses it and part of me really couldn't care less anymore - I guess I have just moved on to a new phase in life. Anyway, I was thinking that I have pretty much seen everybody I want to see at least once with one notable exception - Tom waits.

So, I want to see ol' Tom and then I can be entirely happy. Who do YOU want to see live that you haven't already?

(p.s. Waits fans - looks like the triple cd Orphans may be with us in a couple of months. Start saving...)

sybilskelton 03-15-2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by alanlyon
Joni Mitchell
Not these days. I'm one of the hugest Joni fans around, but I wouldn't walk across the street to see her perform nowadays - the voice is gone along with her creative muse.

Ahh, but back in the day.

Thanks to the miracle of vinyl recordings, I can listen to Miles of Aisles and pretend Joni and I are both still in our twenties.

Sybil

JayB 03-16-2006 03:45 AM

Unrealistic: Otis Redding, James Carr, Wilson Picket, Aretha Franklin (Atlantic years Aretha), Townes Van Zandt, Bob Marley...

Somewhat realistic: Derek Trucks Band!!!, Guy Clark, Allman Brothers Band, Jeffrey Foucault... I'm sure there's more.

Chaosdan 03-16-2006 03:55 AM

David Bowie, Iggy Pop and Lou Reed are three of my musical heroes that I've never caught live. I've got closest to seeing Bowie... stuck in a traffic jam on the way the Phoenix Festival in 1996 while he was already on stage. That said, all three have played in London in the last few years and I didn't bother going, so I guess I'm not that fussed...

Bryn 03-16-2006 03:55 AM

Purely and simply The Jayhawks, in any incarnation but ideally with both Olson and Louris.:)

Lenno 03-16-2006 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bryn
Purely and simply The Jayhawks, in any incarnation but ideally with both Olson and Louris.:)
+1

JayB 03-16-2006 05:09 AM

You guys never seen the Jayhawks?!?!

I feel your pain.

Calexico 03-16-2006 08:18 AM

I would like to see Ticketmaster shut down and run out of town and prices for tickets come down a bit. Then we could feckin' see who we wanted.

Having said that I too would love to see Tom Waits....just for the improbably freakish spectacle of him preforming.

Jules 03-16-2006 08:30 AM

I'd like to see Beck.

Angelyne 03-16-2006 08:41 AM

Marc Ford and the Sinners!!!!!!!!

Bulldog
Dean Owen
Wayne Robbins and the Hellsayers
Calexico (never did go that time, I had to cancel :()
Mother Hips
Sun Kin Moon

zebulon 03-16-2006 12:49 PM

I follow JayB´s realistic and unrealistic idea and:

realistic(?) :Paul Kelly, Richmond Fontaine, Greg Trooper,Son Volt,...

unrealistic: Warren Zevon:(

However, as Jony pointed out somewhere, March is going to be special: Jackson Browne tonight, Charlie Musselwhite this Sunday, Drive by Truckers next week, and in two weeks, my best weekend ever!!!!!!:)

BoogieMan 03-16-2006 01:10 PM

I want to see Calexico, which will happen soon

Calexico 03-17-2006 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by BoogieMan
I want to see Calexico, which will happen soon

No way man....I am not having some Quo/Hass loving weirdo hanging around looking to crash on my couch!!