PDA

View Full Version : We're on Fire !

on the beach 3
10-22-2007, 12:51 AM
Worst fires I have ever witnessed in my entire life here in L.A /O.C It's almost ten pm, it's 92 degrees, the air is thick with smoke and ash. Thank God we put air in when we bought the beach shack, we can close up and breath. We may not get tornado's or crazy snow but we can shake and bake with the best of them. We keep our faith for all tonight that live nearby.

Peace...............

Haggischomper
10-22-2007, 01:20 AM
Haven't seen the news? What's the haps? You gonna be safe OTB3?

Calexico
10-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Be safe dude. I tell ya the world climate is gone to hell and we are all gonna die in some freak weather thing.

Emmylou
10-22-2007, 08:06 AM
Hi Bud
I just heard the news on the radio of the Santa Ana Winds fueling the fires there. You and your neighbors are on my mind. Take care

Bryn
10-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Living in Adelaide I know the very dangers you face there buddy. How close are you to any fire fronts? Thoughts are with you and all those around. We go through summers with our fingers crossed against bush fires but every few years major fires destroy huge amounts in the Adelaide hills. Stay safe mate.

on the beach 3
10-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Lots of friends evacuated overnight, more fires than I could ever imagine and the Santa Ana's are kicking in again this morning,very surreal day again. Thanks for the thoughts everyone who has emailed us.So far we're OK but with winds whipping up to 80 mph and 90+ temperatures, dry and drought conditions we are very weary.

Peace and Boat Drinks........

girl incognito1
10-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Stay safe!!!! We worry about ya!!!!

Truscott
10-22-2007, 07:55 PM
Wow, stay safe and get out of there if you have to! Best wishes to you all.

on the beach 3
10-22-2007, 09:17 PM
Wow, stay safe and get out of there if you have to! Best wishes to you all.

Thanks man, they're saying the Santa Ana's should start to back off a little tomorrow which is a good thing however everytime we look up another fire has broken out somewhere else. Lake Arrowhead lost 200+ homes today and it wasnt even burning yesterday. Though we live at the beach we learned yesterday that doesnt mean a thing if the flames jump over Pacific Coast Highway, it's all fair game then.

Peace and Boat Drinks.......

JoMama
10-22-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks man, they're saying the Santa Ana's should start to back off a little tomorrow which is a good thing however everytime we look up another fire has broken out somewhere else. Lake Arrowhead lost 200+ homes today and it wasnt even burning yesterday. Though we live at the beach we learned yesterday that doesnt mean a thing if the flames jump over Pacific Coast Highway, it's all fair game then.

Peace and Boat Drinks.......

You be careful. I was in Oakland when that fire burned in '91, and it was no picnic. All those eucalyptus trees are full of that wonderful oil and it burned like a you-know-what. It was quick to spread; we thought we were going to have to run to the Bay and swim to San Francisco with a baby in tow...The shit ain't funny, it jumped the freeway in Oakland. You got relatives any distance away that wouldn't mind a 'drop in visit' of a few weeks?

riflesport
10-22-2007, 11:55 PM
Man it looks so surreal from a midwestern snowbelt point of view. Many thoughts and prayers going out to you, Carolyn, extended family & friends.

Be well my brother,

Scottie

illbecominhome
10-23-2007, 01:40 AM
Stay safe Bud, you, yours, and everyone else on the board from the area.

kmweiss
10-23-2007, 08:47 AM
Stay safe! Thoughts are with you and everyone over there.

Angelyne
10-23-2007, 10:24 AM
Wow, I feel for everyone and their families. I am headed out to SoCal tomorrow it seems odd to be going there for fun when so many families are out of their homes. Peace to all~

kmweiss
10-23-2007, 01:37 PM
I'm following this on the news websites and it looks very scary. Where will everyone go -- rebuilding will take a long time. Within the last several months, my basement flooded and got completely wrecked and a tree fell and hit my house --- I now consider myself extremely lucky.

Hope the news gets better soon.