PDA

View Full Version : I'm off to see Van Halen !

GIBSONSG
10-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Wish me luck :D

( keep in mind I am NOT paying for the tickets...it's a work thing. So even if Diamond Dave can't hit the high notes anymore, I still get to see
one of a few of my guitar heros who I have not seen live yet !!!!.)

I just REALLY REALY wish Micheal Anthony was on this tour !!!

JayB
10-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Hahahaha... that's awesome!! Leave your preconceptions at home and go and enjoy!!!

I'd go see them for free.

JoMama
10-18-2007, 03:44 PM
I read of review of one of their shows, and it sounded pretty good. Wolfy doesn't sing those harmonies that Michael Anthony added, but he's kickin' his daddy's ass in line just by being there, and that's a good thing.
For free, I'd go in a minute. Heck, after reading the review (of one of their first shows out), I wanted to cough up the bucks to catch them here, just for old times sake.
Saw them back in the Dave days and they smoked--Ed's guitar talent is where it's AT!

TheBowmanBody
10-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Wish me luck :D

( keep in mind I am NOT paying for the tickets...it's a work thing. So even if Diamond Dave can't hit the high notes anymore, I still get to see
one of a few of my guitar heros who I have not seen live yet !!!!.)

I just REALLY REALY wish Micheal Anthony was on this tour !!!

Let us know if Roth's hairpiece falls off. LOL:D

Chaosdan
10-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Hell, I'd pay to see 'em. There's not been a particularly good record since, well, 1984... but that first run of albums was amazing. Eruption!!!

JayB
10-18-2007, 04:44 PM
I quite dig that F.U.C.K. album they did in the 90s...

JoMama
10-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Let us know if Roth's hairpiece falls off. LOL:D

LOL! I saw 'ol Dave being interviewed a few years ago and he was looking a little thin up top...
But gotta give him cred for actually doing this after Ed's prob's have kept them apart for sooooo long.
The 'Hagar the Horrible' years were a cringe, despite the great band sound. I just don't care for Sammy's style. Sure, he's got some vocal chops Dave don't have, but he isn't exactly 'Mr. Personality'. He's a soft-soap.:p

LiladyK
10-18-2007, 07:15 PM
Scott and our boys are going to see them in Kansas City on Oct. 26. They have 3 tix.

I'm staying here and studying I guess....:rolleyes:

BUT if one of our kids doesn't wanna go at the last minute and I can take off (IF I get ahead in my studies, college the second time around is a B___H).

Basically though, I compromised w/my husband cuz the tix were sooooo expensive.

It came down to me choosing between seeing Van Halen in Kansas City and seeing Mark Olson show in Kansas City., and I chose to see Mark.

Would have regretted a lot more NOT seeing Mark......but wish I was going w/them to see VH now.

ChiefCrowe
10-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Van Halen is gonna rock, i can't wait!!!

Kim, you should have gone!!

GIBSONSG
10-19-2007, 11:01 AM
Well, it was a pretty good show after all !.

Granted "Diamond Dave" aint what he used to be, but it was a good show.
I loved hearing some old deep cuts like So this is love and The Cradle Will Rock !

Eddie was amazing ! For an old man with a fake hip he can still run around like a teenager ( interesting sidenote ....he still uses a an actual cord
which sort of sucked because he could not run around the entire stage and ramps etc )

Alex was Alex.

Wolfie looked a bit like your run of the mill mopey teenager, but he held his own and even did a decent job on backing vox.

I gotta say the most disappointing aspect was how corny Dave is nowadays.
What happened to the golden haired Rock God of ol ? He now has an incredibly horrible haircut and dresses like a carnival barker and always has that dorky grin on his face. He also sang a lot of the tunes really different, obviously because he can't hit those notes anymore...I know he can't really help that so I am slighting too much on that aspect. But man, is he CHEESEY.

My friends kept asking me " When did Dave turn gay ? ":p

LiladyK
10-19-2007, 11:07 AM
Van Halen is gonna rock, i can't wait!!!

Kim, you should have gone!!

I might still get to go, as our older son is thinking of not going......it's not until the 26th....um, oh ack!! That's next Friday already:eek:

Chaosdan
10-19-2007, 11:18 AM
Diamond Dave and the boys as they are now...