PDA

View Full Version : More Politics...Just What The Board Needs!

Thor_of_Mpls
10-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Here's a letter that was published in today's Minneapolis Star Tribune. Right wing, left wing, midddle of the road, whatever your political beliefs are, how can you not completely agree with the point made?

Our Dark Past

Our elected officials are bantering about a tragic event that took place in Turkey almost 90 years ago -- the shouts of "genocide" hot on their political lips!

Have they never heard of "the trail of tears" or "the long walk of the Navajo" or the mass slaughter at Wounded Knee or the hanging of 38 Lakota prisoners of war right here in Mankato?

Have they never read "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee" or "Blood and Thunder" or any history of the plight of our Native Americans?

How dare these politicians condemn a foreign nation when every square mile of the 50 states is drenched with the blood of its native people?

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

BILL SKELLY, MAPLE GROVE

Calexico
10-17-2007, 09:57 AM
At least they are talking about the Armenian genocide. Politicians in Europe are dodging the question like it was covered in shit.

Angelyne
10-17-2007, 11:00 AM
I believe they called it "Manifest Destiny." Even typing that made me angry.

I hope this is true:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-ap-colbert-president,0,5645801.story

kmweiss
10-17-2007, 11:58 AM
This is a disgrace and will only give the Republicans more ammo for calling Democrats anti-American, unpatriotic, etc (even if its not true). If the resolution passes, there is a good chance that Turkey will dramatically change our situation regarding access to air bases and supply routes. I have heard several times that 70 to 80 percent of our troops' supplies (meaning food, clothing as well as ammo) go through or over Turkey --- if they cut us off, then our troops will essentially be cut off. No matter what anyone thinks of the war, this is the worst type of politics and may put American lives at risk.

How about we pass a resolution to clear out every sitting Senator and Representative?

lebowski
10-17-2007, 04:50 PM
i heard on NPR that in the run up to his final solutions hitler cited the armenian genocide as an example of how nobody really cares about these things, saying it was already forgotten.

turkey is going to be even madder at us if we go forward with the plan let iraq fragment into 3 regions. they may get all riled up and try for a kurdish genocide the fragmentation of iraq happens. so i'm sure they really want to keep that first one off the books.

not that we're the best country on the planet... despite what W's supporters have to say on that topic.

ugh. so depressing

JoMama
10-17-2007, 08:51 PM
The war-makers want more war, because they know that if this Iraq-thingy stalemates out, they're out of business. It's not funny, these folks generate war over power-and-control obsessions. Just like in the olden tymes. A few goons trading arms through various countries to keep the playing field even and make the wars last as long as possible to keep their war-industries in the money.
It's not political anymore, it's just business expansion. The Republicans accuse the United Nations of attempting to trump the powers of countries by creating a world court or 'world government', when the business interests are heading in the same direction through all their dealing and double-dealing; Condi Rice said we're 'investing human lives in Iraq' like soldiers are nothing more to these people than pawns in their 'game'.
Hell, a meteorite hitting the planet and plunging us into another ice age would probably be just fine. It's a matter of opinion: Would you rather freeze to death, die of a globally-launched super-disease, melt from a nuke exchange, or drown from a global-warming deluge? You may not have a choice in the matter.
"Seems this could all be settled over a few hands of high-stakes poker..."
What a world, what a world...:eek:

illbecominhome
10-18-2007, 02:40 AM
Hell, a meteorite hitting the planet and plunging us into another ice age would probably be just fine.

+1. Just let me know in advance and I'll go and buy some beers for the waiting :D

axeeugene
10-18-2007, 09:15 AM
+1. Just let me know in advance and I'll go and buy some beers for the waiting :D

Why wait? Stock up now, and I'll be over in...oh...48 hours.

And there'd better be some Murphy's, some Tadcaster, and some Rogue Imperial Porter in your icebox when I get there, Jony!

Bryn
10-18-2007, 12:36 PM
It's a matter of opinion: Would you rather freeze to death, die of a globally-launched super-disease, melt from a nuke exchange, or drown from a global-warming deluge? You may not have a choice in the matter.

Eric, we need a poll, that way we get a choice:D

TheBowmanBody
10-18-2007, 01:23 PM
This is a disgrace and will only give the Republicans more ammo for calling Democrats anti-American, unpatriotic, etc (even if its not true). If the resolution passes, there is a good chance that Turkey will dramatically change our situation regarding access to air bases and supply routes. I have heard several times that 70 to 80 percent of our troops' supplies (meaning food, clothing as well as ammo) go through or over Turkey --- if they cut us off, then our troops will essentially be cut off. No matter what anyone thinks of the war, this is the worst type of politics and may put American lives at risk.

How about we pass a resolution to clear out every sitting Senator and Representative?

Another bang up job by the political left. Democrats know no shame.:mad:

JoMama
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
Another bang up job by the political left. Democrats know no shame.:mad:

Hey Bowman, do you REALLY buy all that 'Dems bad/GOP-good' divisive hatred spoonfed via [one-way] 'talk' radio?
You talk in the vernacular of these bots, have you ever had an original thought of your own? It just becomes 'non-talk' when some guy on the radio only gets peoples' attention because he rants loudly and non-sensically.
I swear, if Mikey Savage and Oxy Limbaugh ever made any sense, people would turn their radios off.
But, since they don't make sense, the minds of the listener keep looking to connect the dots, day-in and day-out because the human mind WANTS to know the complete truth. And they'll never get if from these gimps.
Limbaugh's been working his brainrush for near-on 20 years, and still doesn't say anything of value.
If anyone succeeded in connecting any of these haters' dots, it would spell a stadium-sized word 'S-U-C-K-E-R-!!!!!'
Happy trolling, simp.