PDA

View Full Version : Tuatara

Beth Sage-Weber
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
hey, one of you did a review on this when I first joined the board (silently lurking) and I obtained this disc at your recommendation. Just wanted to thank you, whoever you are:) its such a fluid, beautiful, almost etheral listen. love it! Perfect introspective rainy day music....as it is here in Kansas today:)

on the beach 3
09-18-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm glad you enjoy it as much as some of us here do.....dont let pillow pants know how much you like it though, could lead to a whole other can of worms.....:)

Peace and Boat Drinks............

bryguy
09-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Hey-
that was my kind-of-lame-review. I'm not a great review writer, but I enjoyed doing it. I'm glad you like the cd. I had put it away for a bit so i could listen to some new stuff that i'd bought. i took it out again about a week ago and loved hearing it again sooooooo much. it's so unique in a lot of ways.
what are your favs so far? for some reason i kind of dig the spoken-word stuff. it's just so new and foreign to me.

Bryan

Beth Sage-Weber
09-18-2007, 11:01 PM
hey now! whatcha bagging on J-Lo for:) My kids and I looooovvvvveeee her in "Salena"! :)
My favorites on the disc are definitely from the Jayhawk camp. Waterhole, The Spaniard, Madrigal, All the colors....the latter three have exceptional guitar work on them, would you know the name of the technique/sound of guitarwork on "All the Colors?"
thanks so much for your review....really, it was great! And thats how I find new music--by the recommendations of others:)

JoMama
10-15-2007, 08:44 PM
hey now! whatcha bagging on J-Lo for:) My kids and I looooovvvvveeee her in "Salena"! :)
My favorites on the disc are definitely from the Jayhawk camp. Waterhole, The Spaniard, Madrigal, All the colors....the latter three have exceptional guitar work on them, would you know the name of the technique/sound of guitarwork on "All the Colors?"
thanks so much for your review....really, it was great! And thats how I find new music--by the recommendations of others:)

That might be Peter Buck's guitar with all the effects, but who could know? All I know is that Pillow Pants slagged this album and I just about fell off my chair laughing at his post--thanks Pillow for the laugh, I guess....
Mark and Vic recording together--like when? Was this record assembled over the course of years? Gary's stuff is credited from recording sessions in Spain, so, well, the confusion mounts for those of us trying to keep score...

LiladyK
10-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Just got my copy in the mail of this yesterday.

Sweet!

"Love Is" takes me back to my Pink Floyd days. I know I said it before but it cannot be overstated. Yippee yahoo, it is the '70s again :eek: :)

Digging the whole CD here.

Peace, Patchwork and Patchouli,
LiladyK

Beth Sage-Weber
10-26-2007, 05:13 PM
hey!! you like patchouli? I'm like nuts about it:) I think it has become part of my DNA:) Just made a fresh batch of sandalwood patchouli soap; I'll throw one in with the moo-lah for the disc if'n you want:)

LiladyK
10-27-2007, 03:35 PM
Beth, speaking of Patchouli, I hooked up to the band Patchouli on my "myspace" and they wrote a message in my comments...

"Hey LadyK, digging the Dar track!"

(Dar Williams is singing "Iowa" when you click on my myspace link)

LiladyK has a hippy heart that won't die

BTW, I'm pm-ing you right.......NOW:eek:

girl incognito1
11-16-2007, 09:45 PM
Beth, speaking of Patchouli, I hooked up to the band Patchouli on my "myspace" and they wrote a message in my comments...

"Hey LadyK, digging the Dar track!"

(Dar Williams is singing "Iowa" when you click on my myspace link)

LiladyK has a hippy heart that won't die

BTW, I'm pm-ing you right.......NOW:eek:

LOL, ya know Kim and Beth I remember when I was going to Iowa my next door neighbor dorm room would smell like patchouli. :cool: :D

LiladyK
11-17-2007, 07:46 PM
wonder what they were attempting to cover up.......:eek: toke toke toke that funny cig.....

seriously, this soap is so great I could do an infomercial for it

better than the old Cher and Laurie what's her name infomercial;)