PDA

View Full Version : Tuscon review?

true-k
06-10-2006, 12:34 AM
Does anyone have a review of the show there?

after seeing high and dry the movie, I want to know where they played and how it went.... it seems such a special place.

They have a pirate radio station there that tries to exist, I learned from the movie.

takemewithyou
06-10-2006, 09:55 AM
I copied Joyce's review thread that was in the general discussion area for the Tucson show here. See below....or above if someone adds more to it...

true-k
06-10-2006, 01:57 PM
I saw it all, thanks . Joyce described her trip so well, and one day I will travel there for some music and experience it for myself. I really want to go there as so many bands I like are from there. One of my very favourite albums is the Tom T hall project, and that was recorded there at wavelab.

jcarlile
06-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by true-k
after seeing high and dry the movie, I want to know where they played and how it went.... it seems such a special place.

You know, true-k, the Arizona International Film Festival was going on when we were there and the same night as Mark & Gary's show, they were having the official debut of "High and Dry" at a theater down the street. We couldn't see it since the concert was going at the same time, but hopefully it will come out on DVD and I can see it then. Thanks! Joyce

true-k
06-11-2006, 03:41 AM
highly recommended, it is so , so amazing if you are into this music. I met the filmmaker, and when I said that I followed these bands, and the jayhawks too, he mentioned that gary and mark came to their party after the show, just across the street. . The filmmaker has tons and tons of extra stuff for the dvd version. He even made a different cut after people came forward with old footage and memorablia from the past, so the film is growing. Its a very happy story. He's an amazing film maker to have done such a great job on this scene.