PDA

View Full Version : Jayhawks w/Victoria Williams and Mike Russell @ First Ave 7-9-95

muskytoes
04-13-2003, 07:53 AM
Settled Down Like Rain
See Him On The Street Today
I'd Run Away
Real Light
Flashin' Reds
Will I Be Married
Two Hearts
Miss Williams Guitar
Pray For Me
Dead End Angel
Blue
Waiting For The Sun
Over My Shoulder
NLTB
Clouds
When We Sing Together
10 Little Kids
Bad Time
Aint No End
You R Loved
Last Ciggerette
Reason To Believe
King Of Kings
You Aint Going Nowhere

This is it, the third night of three at First Ave in the Summer of '95. Anybody remember these shows??? Highlights this night would have to be Will I Be Married into 2 Hearts. Watching Mark and Vic together onstage for the first time was really cool. Pray for Me is near perfect, you could call it a duet between Mark and Vic. Over My Shoulder is another highlight, and was not played the other nights. The rub is, that song gets cut at the very end of side A. No vocals were destroyed, just the very end of the song, still it's a bad/scary thing when your cuttin' it that close. So of course the first few notes of NLTB are lost as well. Sing Together is another great Mark & Vic song, but the 10 Little Kids is over the top. Gary had the Flying V on and was sailing, talk about over modulation... The insanity continues with Bad Time . Aint No End is it's usual, greatness in itself. So now Vic rambles a bit about the boys and taking the show on the road. They play You R Loved and the crowd is lovin' every minute of it, great version, great chops by Gary. Karen gets her time in with Last Ciggerette. Gary ends it w/ Reason to Believe. We encore with King of Kings another standout and probably the best song on the Bunkhouse record. And for the third night running Marky-Marc Pearlman sends us off with the Dylan saga...yadda yadda...wrap up cords....anybody interested in these shows if I get em put to CDR?

I still have some un-used comps for the show too!!!
they'll make cool artwork

hicktopia
04-13-2003, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by muskytoes
anybody interested in these shows if I get em put to CDR?

Silly boy, of course there's people interested if you get them put to CDR. The only real question is--

how did I beat Kim by answering first? ;)

muskytoes
04-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Oh I just wanna watch her squirm a bit
maybe we could get a web-cam on her at home
and tease her with early Hawks shows

btw the sound quality on these show is not the greatest, there are alot of bottle 'klinks' and assorted 'snip-bits' of conversation like "I'm goin' fer a beer..." At one point you can hear the beer vendors for the club as they make their way accross the floor selling bottles of warm Rolling Rock...This is one of the reasons I quit taping shows at the Club and would further my efforts in different venues...

cohenmpls
04-13-2003, 11:18 PM
anybody interested in these shows if I get em put to CDR?

i'm, i'd be interested. I remember those shows-
my last up-close experience with the original line-up.
i remember Real Light being a particular highlight-

...Shining...Shining Down....

LiladyK
04-13-2003, 11:40 PM
Oh I just wanna watch her squirm a bit
maybe we could get a web-cam on her at home
and tease her with early Hawks shows

Oh my gosh I just noticed a lil tiny hidden camera jammed under my monitor!! Musky, what have you been up to?;)

Tease me please! (so.... what other early unheard of Hawks shows ya got in that vault?! LOL)

Truth is, on the board it would appear that you beat me to this Hicktopia, but Musky and I have been chatting about it on private messages, and so I didn't post anything about it...and I suggested to Musky someone that will probably be very interested in helping transfer this for us. I just wrote to him this evening.

And ya know, bottomline is that Lilady is a Jayhawks history preservationist, regardless of background noise or other interruptions:)

norma023
04-16-2003, 10:38 AM
I've got Musky's tapes of all 3 nights (7-7/8/9-95)

no need to bother your resources/connections liladyK

LiladyK
04-16-2003, 10:56 AM
you gonna transfer 'em or trash 'em Todd?:eek:

norma023
04-16-2003, 11:01 AM
oh, I thoguht I'd just listen to them and put up my own review of them :D

LiladyK
04-16-2003, 11:08 AM
ok, well, I KNEW that I'd be able to 'get to you' and you'd FINALLY do those Jayhawks transfers, and ya know how I know that??

CUZ YOU'RE SCHNEIDER AND I'M MS. ROMANO!:p

in other words, I say 'Schneider, the plumbing in the apartment needs fixing' and then you just say 'oh, yeah, and what else can I fix for you lady Romano?':D

norma023
04-16-2003, 12:45 PM
you just wanna see a lil "plummers crack" don't you ???
:p

>>
'Schneider, the plumbing in the apartment needs fixing'
<<

silvercaster
04-16-2003, 02:08 PM
Muskytoes,
How might I get a copy of this show?
I would be indebted to you...:D

Thanks,

Robert

LiladyK
04-16-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by norma023
you just wanna see a lil "plummers crack" don't you ???
:p

>>
'Schneider, the plumbing in the apartment needs fixing'
<<

Ha! Todd, that's a good 'un!! :D
You've really learned how to play the game, I've taught you well;)

norma023
04-16-2003, 03:03 PM
helps when I know what you like :)

sivlercaster: keep watchng these pages the next couple weeks

TimRoss
04-20-2003, 03:58 PM
There's always a place on the hub for them, Todd! :)

norma023
04-20-2003, 08:23 PM
really, do you think??
:)

TimRoss
04-20-2003, 09:40 PM
Only one way to find out!:)

muskytoes
04-21-2003, 01:24 PM
I don't know if I'm comfortable with this

TimRoss
04-21-2003, 04:25 PM
Comfortable with the show being available for download?

LiladyK
04-21-2003, 07:36 PM
Musky, honestly, I felt strange at first when I heard that my Jayhawks Ames show was put up on the hub before I even got to hear it for myself!! I kept hearing from people how good my recording was, and yet, I had no clue how well it turned out. This was my pride and joy, my baby....my work, and others were hearing it before I did. Like a mother giving birth and having her baby whisked away. But then when I finally got a copy of it and got to hear it, I suddenly remembered that I wanted everyone to have access to it. That's what it's all about really....making, preserving, then finally sharing the history:D :cool:

speaking of the hub....I'm finally on it, but now I gotta read up on how to share stuff...don't wanna screw anything up:rolleyes:

TimRoss
04-21-2003, 09:32 PM
And when that happened to Kim, the Hub offered to pull the show until she had a copy of it, or until she was finished trading it out. It isn't so big that we don't have control over what goes on it.

That said, the purpose of it is to archive Jayhawks shows online in a lossless format, thus exposing as many shows as possible to as many fans as possible.

The more people we get to join us, the more shows will become available and spread, the happier we'll be as a community.

muskytoes
04-22-2003, 09:17 AM
OK so when Todd and myself are done trading the shows it can go on the Hub.
Maybe we should start to make arrangements on Who wants to trade for these shows vs. who would wait for the hub.

TimRoss
04-22-2003, 09:58 AM
Musky, I can understand why you'd be hesitant to see it pop up on the Hub for all to have. You've taken the time to transfer it to disc, you should reap some of the reward for it. The problem lies with what happens to the show once it's been traded out.

Say you trade it out to me and I immediately put it on the hub. Well then anyone can download it without the hassle of setting up a trade, and musky receives nothing for his hard work. That is a viable concern for those who are transferring shows to disc.

While it is a concern, at this point there are only a dozen or so people on the hub, most of whom are into Wilco and Ryan Adams. The fact that a recently transferred Jayhawks show has appeared won't matter to them at all, and they really won't know what they have even if they did choose to download it.

To use a horrible analogy, the hub is like karma. You'll just have to trust that the more you put into it, the more will come out of it. I'm convinced that there are scores of Jayhawk shows that are sitting around that we haven't heard. As word of the hub spreads, hopefully it will flush these "lost shows" out for all of us to see. While the hub can't take any credit for it, look at how a renewed interest in the Jayhawks trading community has flushed out the 2/92 and 10/92 demos. I know there is more stuff like this out there, we just need to connect the dots to those people who have them.

And I can't say this enough, but I think we should all band together and ask Sandy for a trading board here. It would be nice to consolodate these threads into one location, rather than flipping between boards. The interest in the live community is high, and there are 5-6 of us posting frequently about B+P's, trades, demos, new shows, etc.

muskytoes
04-22-2003, 10:13 AM
i know how it all works and my only problem is that i do not use the hub, i log on only at work and do not have a PC at home.
aside from that i have no prob sharing shows from 7 or 8 yrs ago
i was more interested in finding upgrades if they exist or better quality shows from this era
i was only quoting Sandy with the "I'm not comfortable" post
Todd should reap the rewards for transferring
I'm not as interested in trading as he is
I would do a limited amount of trades
I don't maintain a site or even have a list
So traders would more likely go thru Todd

I'm cool with the hub Tim
I was just miffed you went over my head
I like to spoon and cuddle a little before I get F#$&^%ed.
Todd is to anal about digits and his long hair tickles my back so I don't let him F%@K me anymore

norma023
04-22-2003, 10:24 AM
guess I haven't been around this thread in a couple days......

:cool:

LiladyK
04-22-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by TimRoss

And I can't say this enough, but I think we should all band together and ask Sandy for a trading board here. It would be nice to consolodate these threads into one location, rather than flipping between boards. The interest in the live community is high, and there are 5-6 of us posting frequently about B+P's, trades, demos, new shows, etc.

In reality, Sandy may end up telling us "hey you guys and gals, that's what the Bunkhouse Trading Post is for!" And I think we all do use the Bunkhouse too....the trade talk just tends to gravitate over here tho cuz this place is cool to hang out at:cool:

TimRoss
04-22-2003, 03:35 PM
I really think that a trading board should be here. I'm here way more than I'm at the Bunkhouse, and I'm sure there are more people here than are signed up at the BH.

So what do you say, Sandy? How about a Jayhawks Trading Board? Or perhaps rename the Reviews board into "Live Shows." That way you can include the live reviews and add trading to the description.

(This is the time for a the silent ones to add support!) ;)

poorlittlefish
04-22-2003, 08:14 PM
I really think that a trading board should be here.

I'll second that. I'm signed up at Bunkhouse, but I don't go over there anymore, unless I'm really bored.

LiladyK
04-22-2003, 09:37 PM
I find that I automatically keep up on Bunkhouse pretty much because I'm signed up to get all of the posts thru my email....otherwise I would never go over there to check posts. For me personally tho, I guess it's generally been an important place ......being so hooked onto the history of this band.

However, dunno what it is exactly, but for some reason, this fanpage is a daily ritual for me, and the only website that I ever actually check/read/post at daily....it's like a drug I gotta take or something:eek:

norma023
04-23-2003, 01:08 PM
seeing as this is the "official" (endorced by the band) Jayhawks web site, I doubt the band would want a trading page on here.

Not to mention the fact that they don't allow open taping at the concerts, why would they want ppl on here trading live recordings of their music?

Personally, I wouldn't mind a trading page here, but then that would then take away traffic from Bunkhouse ........

TimRoss
04-23-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by norma023
seeing as this is the "official" (endorced by the band) Jayhawks web site

uhhh... www.thejayhawks.net ?

And get your ass back to the hub, Mister!;)

norma023
04-23-2003, 04:10 PM
the site that is referenced on the back of the Women's Club cd, and is probably mentioned on RDM

LiladyK
04-23-2003, 06:08 PM
But I think I do remember Sandy saying this fanpage is the one that is endorsed by the band themselves as the official one or something like that.

The one at the .net address is kinda generic and a lil lame...:eek:
just a lil....

I guess we can still talk about trading here tho in general, unless our queen decides 'tis forbidden words'...

... why not just start a new thread title starting w/the word TRADE (or similiar to gain atttention towards that crowd) w/the date of the show (kind of like what we've been doing already sort of) and go from there, and strive to keep all related info about it in that particular thread so you don't hafta dig thru posts like you say? Also, that way, those who don't trade will know that they can simply bypass that thread altogether. Then, so things don't get too lengthy, use the pm options a lot more often for the replies. In other words, make your requests or ask questions, and post general info needed to know by others in a new thread, but then carry out the legistic details of it mostly thru pms:cool: