PDA

View Full Version : album reviews


loverock
09-09-2005, 01:44 PM
every album by the jayhawks is like listening to the rain when its not even raining

Calexico
09-10-2005, 04:31 AM
Does your head leak often?



Cycle!!!:D

Jedey
09-10-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by loverock
every album by the jayhawks is like listening to the rain when its not even raining You're either on to something.....or.....you're on something.:D

J.P.
09-10-2005, 04:21 PM
Whatever..

axeeugene
09-13-2005, 04:40 PM
...s/he's right. The entire Jayhawks discography makes for great rain listening.

"I don't mind the grey skies...
When there are grey skies,
You'll make them blue...
Sonny Boy."

PretentiousWilco
09-13-2005, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by loverock
every album by the jayhawks is like listening to the rain when its not even raining


I diasgree with that one. I see sunny road trips into the great wide open, forests, mountains and meadows. Dusty back alleys, old dance halls now vacant, driving out to remote farm fields drinking with firends in summer and fall, and the sunlight that slowly leaked into the family room when you watched sunday morning cartoons as a child.

There are more.

Jedey
09-13-2005, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by PretentiousWilco

There are more. Please tell us more.

Calexico
09-14-2005, 10:02 AM
PW as Steinbeck. Who knew!?

Bryn
09-14-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Calexico
PW as Steinbeck. Who knew!?

I'm intrigued as well.

greekguy
09-15-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by PretentiousWilco
firends

What the fuck is a firends. Must be what PW uses to pretend he has a friend.

Bryn
09-30-2005, 11:44 PM
Not sure if I had posted this link before. It's an Aussie review of Sound Of Lies.http://www.picknowl.com.au/homepages/cswann/jaysol1.htm
Bryn

LiladyK
10-01-2005, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by PretentiousWilco
I diasgree with that one. I see sunny road trips into the great wide open, forests, mountains and meadows. Dusty back alleys, old dance halls now vacant, driving out to remote farm fields drinking with firends in summer and fall, and the sunlight that slowly leaked into the family room when you watched sunday morning cartoons as a child.

There are more.

PW that's the nicest thing you've ever written. Quite visual and poetic you are :)

J.P.
10-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by greekguy
What the fuck is a firends. Must be what PW uses to pretend he has a friend.

I'm glad i have not been burned like this for every spelin mistake i have made,cause this board would have roasted me.........quite poor GG:(

J.P.

Calexico
10-01-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by J.P.
I'm glad i have not been burned like this for every spelin mistake i have made,cause this board would have roasted me.........quite poor GG:(

J.P.

Ahh but we always get a rise out of PW.....you just threaten to kick our arses,that's no fun! For us anyway.:p

greekguy
10-03-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by Calexico
Ahh but we always get a rise out of PW

True that. Plus, I am probably the worst speller on the board. I dish it out because I can take it.

Emmylou
10-05-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by greekguy
True that. Plus, I an pobaby the werst spelter on the bard.

NOOOOO! I don't believe you!!!;) ;)

Calexico
10-06-2005, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by Emmylou
NOOOOO! I don't believe you!!!;) ;)


You're a LIAR!

loverock
10-10-2005, 06:29 PM
the rain falls
the smoke hovers
the song plays
the heart jumps
the need for more
the need to score
the wrapped seal
the opened smell

Emmylou
10-10-2005, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Calexico
You're a LIAR!


PLAY FUCKIN LOUD!!









love how you right up on that Cale

nationaljoe
10-11-2005, 11:07 PM
omigosh! you just made Emmylou swear!
i didnt think she was capable of such words.
now you've really gone and done it...

goody59
10-12-2005, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Emmylou
[B]PLAY FUCKIN LOUD!!


How many times did you watch Dylan on PBS this week?



:D :D

Emmylou
10-12-2005, 08:26 AM
:D :D :D :D :D

OD'ed on Dylan;)

bliss

Lenno
10-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Dylan Dylan...I'm sick of all the Dylan talk.

Did the Jayhawks ever cover a Dylan song??

Emmylou
10-29-2005, 12:16 PM
I don't think they covered Dylan, but they did open for him!

poorlittlefish
10-29-2005, 01:03 PM
Yeah, they did. They covered You Ain't Goin' Nowhere.

Lenno
10-29-2005, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by poorlittlefish
Yeah, they did. They covered You Ain't Goin' Nowhere.

Aw right..with Marc doing vocals. Fun track.

Calexico
10-29-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Lenno
Aw right..with Marc doing vocals. Fun track.

Did you not know this for a second there Guru?

Lenno
10-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Calexico
Did you not know this for a second there Guru?

Slipped me mind, but actually I was looking for something post so I got my name "all over the place" again. Geeky...not very Guru-like.

Calexico
10-29-2005, 01:29 PM
Ahh...going for the cycle were we? Very nice!

goody59
11-13-2005, 09:08 PM
Can you blame someone ? :D

greekguy
11-18-2005, 08:15 PM
Not really.

Calexico
11-19-2005, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by greekguy
Not really.

Cease and desist.

greekguy
11-21-2005, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Calexico
Cease and desist.

You're just jealous.

Emmylou
11-21-2005, 11:07 PM
what happened to loverock??

Calexico
11-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Emmylou
what happened to loverock??

Shhh!!!