PDA

View Full Version : Lexington review + many pictures

Bennysoultrain
03-15-2005, 11:27 AM
www.bensreviews.com

Had a great time. Check it out. Went a little crazy with the camera.

goody59
03-15-2005, 11:35 AM
great pictures, definitely not too many

PretentiousWilco
03-15-2005, 11:39 AM
great review

wheelhousetunes
03-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Good work, man!! Those pictures are great!

I wish I would've stuck around longer after the show and met some more of you guys from the board but after 3 consecutive nights and many, MANY miles of travel, I was done.

It was great meeting Todd & Sarah and I also thought Lexington was a really cool town.

Peace,
Jeff

Haggischomper
03-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Good stuff!

true-k
03-15-2005, 12:58 PM
Ben; your review was awsome.
I haven't taken a close look at the photos, you covered the show well.
I think you should publish, I would read your column in a magazine anyday, you are very funny and entertaining, yet getting the details down. Ben and 'wifey' reality rockn'roll roadtrips.

LiladyK
03-15-2005, 01:17 PM
Ben! That very first pic that you have that says "click for more" should be on a t-shirt in honor of the tour

no kidding, I'm serious, it's a perfect representation....

then on the back, print out all the tour dates and venues like any other concert shirt

Calexico
03-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Nice review Ben....glad you enjoyed it.Great pics too!

wheelhousetunes
03-15-2005, 01:50 PM
Sounds like a great idea, Lilady!

girl incognito
03-15-2005, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by LiladyK
Ben! That very first pic that you have that says "click for more" should be on a t-shirt in honor of the tour

no kidding, I'm serious, it's a perfect representation....

then on the back, print out all the tour dates and venues like any other concert shirt

Yes, that would be awsome!! Great idea LiladyK!!

~Kristy

Calexico
03-15-2005, 01:55 PM
So we are agreed then?

Kim is doing all the t-shirts for the board...and sending them out....with a photographer to take pic of us wearing them.....in the Bahamas.......which she is paying for too.

I'll buy the first round!:D

LiladyK
03-15-2005, 02:20 PM
bet the record company would insist we can't do it, or try to take some of the money for themselves....they think they own the artists in weird ways, then there's the tax people :eek:

oh, I just realized those are two separate pics put together...

Calexico
03-15-2005, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by LiladyK
bet the record company would insist we can't do it, or try to take some of the money for themselves....they think they own the artists in weird ways, then there's the tax people :eek:

But you still insist on sending us all to the Bahamas...right?

Emmylou
03-15-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey Ben

Love the pic with Steve Zahn! I went to school with him but haven't seen him since he became a "star":p :p ....Fun to see him again.

Thanks for posting!

JumboFun
03-15-2005, 11:50 PM
Wow, and great pictures too!

How was Clem Snide btw.

Bennysoultrain
03-16-2005, 08:07 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments. Clem Snide was great. I have that one up by the end of the week.

Hopefully in the coming months I'll get to some shows that will be of interest to you folks. Keep checking back.

dflyer
03-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Hey Ben..GREAT photos from Lexington.
I would have gone to that show-closer to home-but had already
committed to the Indy show before that date was added.

Looks like I missed a great show.

Amy Beth
03-19-2005, 05:28 PM
Ben -
Thanks for sharing... enjoyed your review. I've been in the unknown bar, too, but must have been in similar shape as I can't remember the name either.

JumboFun
04-17-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey Ben

Just checked your site again and read your Clem Snide review, better late than never eh? Thanks, it was really cool and I loved the links, you are quite the creative dude, and cute too ;), fear not, I have a husbandy as you have a "wifey" it's just the Franjelico talkin, cheers.

I really dig the night time shot on your home page. There is a kind of sweet meloncholy that shots like this evoke in me. Is it Pittsburgh? My folks live in Saint John New Brunswick Canada. It's a very old industrial town, very hilly, a lot of brick and it's often foggy there. When I visit I like to go for walks at night and check out the city centres yellow lights from afar. I get that same sort of lonely, sweet melancholy feeling. Anyway, thanks.

JumboFun

greekguy
05-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Those are good pictures.

goody59
05-31-2005, 06:48 PM
yeah