PDA

View Full Version : Is it Safe to Say...

redHERRING
03-03-2005, 10:08 PM
that we won't be hearing any SOL or Smile on this tour?
I mean, obviously Mark bought into some Rainy Day bits, but damn, wouldn't it also be sweet to see them do 'Man Who Loved Life', 'Sixteen Down', 'Stick in the Mud', or 'Dying on the Vine' together?

I wonder what made the Rainy Day licks do-able, and SOL so taboo. I guess just because it was so fresh after the split?
I mean, wouldn't it be cool to see them defy the laws of the universe and sing 'Trouble' together? Wouldn't it???!!!!!

I know I'd love it!

I guess I should just be happy that they played all three of my requests at Indy (Baltimore Sun, Settled Down, & Take Me With You) and leave well enough alone. Ah well.

Salud - Maria

PretentiousWilco
03-03-2005, 10:18 PM
I wonder if it would be uncomfortable for Gary to play those songs since it seems like alot of them were written in a time when he was angry with Mark ( and rightly so).

Personally, I would like to see them play the song Sound of Lies and some stuff from My own Joe Ellyn. Ditch the covers.

JumboFun
03-03-2005, 11:02 PM
i'm going to request "Smile."

Chaosdan
03-04-2005, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by PretentiousWilco
[BI would like to see them play the song Sound of Lies[/B]

Yeah, that would be fantastic!!

muskytoes
03-04-2005, 09:43 AM
What happens is that each artist only typically draws from there most recent release's

Then they dive into the back catalogue

Cover songs merely represent songs they both remember how to play

Think about it

greekguy
03-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by redHERRING

I mean, wouldn't it be cool to see them defy the laws of the universe and sing 'Trouble' together? Wouldn't it???!!!!!

I've been listening to SOL a lot this week. I keep thinking the same time every time I hear track 3. Even if Gary sang it solo for the first song, I mean he does say,

Trouble, that's what we HAD!

Haggischomper
03-04-2005, 09:48 AM
Be even better if Mark sang it ;)

Chaosdan
03-04-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by muskytoes
Think about it

That's a song I'd like to hear 'em do as well!

Calexico
03-04-2005, 10:39 AM
Bring back Karen and do A Break In The Clouds!!

redHERRING
03-04-2005, 07:20 PM
and on a funny side note, the second that Mark heard me call for Baltimore Sun, he pointed right at me and said "Done!" as though he was pretty thrilled someone had asked for it (sorry, I'm a big softie for that video... it makes me melt every time). The funny thing was that Gary kindof scowled like it wasn't originally on the set list and was going to extend the show past what they planned and commented "Well, we can either do a lot of songs poorly, or a few really good ones". So like Musky said, I think they're really going for quality over quantity this time around. And I have to say, despite the glitches, the guys are still putting on a hellofa show. Some true-grit troubadors, they are!

muskytoes
03-05-2005, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by redHERRING
So like Musky said, I think they're really going for quality over quantity this time around.

Oh yeah redHERRING
Believe in the TOES
Worship the TOES
For the TOE KNOWS ALL

and yup Gary's writing the setlist
expect a few more new songs
this has been one heck of a tour