PDA

View Full Version : remaster error

cyfan
03-03-2005, 05:16 PM
On the same track from the remaster you can clearly see the "flat line" at the end of the wav. This is a blip of silence (a sector boundary error) that causes that annoying blip at the track change. I downloaded and decoded this one from easytree.

I'm sure Mr. Pretentious will claim I somehow manipulated this file, but anybody who snatched both will clearly see I am correct.
So I'm comfortable with that.

And LadyK. If you like the way the remaster sounds better but don't want the track change blips, just let me know and I'll fix a copy of the remaster for you so there's smooth transitions.

PretentiousWilco
03-03-2005, 05:17 PM
Could be a decode error if anything. What track is that pic from?

cyfan
03-03-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by PretentiousWilco
Could be a decode error if anything. What track is that pic from?

You're full of excuses. Plenty of people are going to hear both of them. That is no decode error. I triple checked.

It's track 3. But the same thing is at the end of every single track, EVERY single track.
A little note, when you remove anything from a track, or when you batch edit wave files, you introduce sector boundary errors. You need to combine them and retrack with a tool like CDWave Editor, which cuts files on proper sector boundaries, to avoid that sort of thing.

norma023
03-03-2005, 05:33 PM
or run shntool (or whatever) on the existing wavs and it'll correct what needs correcting.......

PretentiousWilco
03-03-2005, 05:39 PM
cyfan is correct. There is a slight blip on some of the transitions, but it's not really noticeable. It was caused by a bug in the Mackie software and in the digital mixer controller. It is also easily fixed. Still, the sound upgrade is well worth it.

However what can't be fixed is the missing section of the first song :(

Truscott
03-03-2005, 06:09 PM
Ugh, I'm glad I backup the datafiles for these bootlegs. Time to break out shntool.

Thanks for pointing this out cyfan.

The remaster is nice, but it sucks how many copies are out there now with the pops between tracks (60 or so according to ET alone).

PretentiousWilco
03-03-2005, 06:13 PM
interesting that you didnt notice it before, Truscott, and you have had it for a few days ;)

hicktopia
03-03-2005, 06:18 PM
I've had it a couple days too and haven't had a chance to listen to it. Better rag on me too. Then rag on me for the dozens of things I've downloaded the past few weeks and haven't had time to listen to.

PretentiousWilco
03-03-2005, 06:21 PM
sorry hicktopia, Truscott has heard the show and his exact quote is "it's much better". So obviously he wasn't taken aback by the horrible blip on a couple track transitions.

Oh, and I wasn't ragging on him.

Truscott
03-03-2005, 06:31 PM
Well, between midterms, not listening that closely to it and the fact that WinAmp is less than a perfect player, I haven't paid so much attention to the details of this bootleg yet.

The most I've done with this one is listen to the audio quality on a few of the tracks since I had already heard the concert for the original version. I had also done a frequency analysis to see if it was obviously mp3 sourced.

Glacier's Uncle
03-03-2005, 06:37 PM
Please come home and get back on your meds! You are clearly spinning out of control again, and you are irritating all of your nice friends on this here "Funpage Board". I don't know how many times your Auntie and I need to tell you this before it gets into that thick skull of yours.

By the way, Nephew, I worked out a new version of "Ride My See-Saw" on acoustic guitar, and I'm dying to have you sing along on it with me. I'll even let you do a Kazoo solo!

Please come home soon and leave these nice people alone.

LildeviladyK
03-03-2005, 07:09 PM
cyfan is correct. There is a slight blip on some of the transitions, but it's not really noticeable. It was caused by a bug in the Mackie software and in the digital mixer controller. It is also easily fixed. Still, the sound upgrade is well worth it.

However what can't be fixed is the missing section of the first song :(

all this insisting that there are no blips, and now you are admitting to them......

by the way, I do have the first ten seconds of that first song, but no one else will ever hear it, and I'm not talking about the SBRD one :p

PretentiousWilco
03-03-2005, 07:11 PM
well we have laready solved this. It was on a couple of the tracks. It's easy though for you to fix Liladyevil. Plus, I think you will find it is quite worth it.

Also, are you saying you have your own private show? Care to put a snippet up somewhere?

hicktopia
03-03-2005, 07:46 PM
Also, are you saying you have your own private show? Care to put a snippet up somewhere?
You've got to be kidding. After this sh*t storm I doubt that anyone with a recording is going to offer it anywhere near this board.

lilybandit
03-03-2005, 08:05 PM
why do the words "star trek convention" spring to mind?

hicktopia
03-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by lilybandit
why do the words "star trek convention" spring to mind?
Because taping is a major Enterprise?

Haggischomper
03-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Illogical.

LildeviladyK
03-04-2005, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by hicktopia

You've got to be kidding. After this sh*t storm I doubt that anyone with a recording is going to offer it anywhere near this board.

Larry's right....Glacier just expects kindness from all of us toward him, like he deserves it, after giving us so much shit, it blows me away the way his mind is wired, it's like it's not human w/a concious.

Recalling the MP3 vs. shn file hub lies he told a while back, this is the same kind of argument

I keep TRYING to encourage folks to take the live show talk over to the Bunkhouse Trading Post rather than here because that is what it is there for. The Jayhawks pay for this site, and they shouldn't hafta weed thru this argument crap....unless they find it entertaining, who knows, anymore? At least the fact that so many fans care about all of this should flatter them

Chaosdan
03-04-2005, 10:08 AM
I've got a weird recording of this show, I'm not sure where it came from. In between every song, Gary sings a snippet from a popular musical... he does 'Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat' after 'Blue', 'Summer Loving' after 'Poor Michael's Boat', 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' after 'Waiting for the Sun', and so on...

It's very strange. Is this your remix Glacier?

Calexico
03-04-2005, 10:27 AM
Is mine meant to be in German?:confused:

Seriously I have no idea what is going on here but it is nice watching the tech geeks duke it out!:D

PretentiousWilco
03-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by LildeviladyK

Larry's right....Glacier just expects kindness from all of us toward him, like he deserves it, after giving us so much shit, it blows me away the way his mind is wired, it's like it's not human w/a concious.

Recalling the MP3 vs. shn file hub lies he told a while back, this is the same kind of argument

I keep TRYING to encourage folks to take the live show talk over to the Bunkhouse Trading Post rather than here because that is what it is there for. The Jayhawks pay for this site, and they shouldn't hafta weed thru this argument crap....unless they find it entertaining, who knows, anymore? At least the fact that so many fans care about all of this should flatter them

Stop trying to control everything LiladyK, it's not worth it.

norma023
03-04-2005, 01:02 PM
ding ding ding - we have a winnner here!!!! ;)

are you a beer drinker Hick? Lucky winners get a free 6pk of their liking!

Originally posted by hicktopia

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

norma023
03-04-2005, 01:06 PM
Hope you didn't spend thousands of $$ on this setup if it introduces blips at the track markers!! :eek:

cyfan is correct. There is a slight blip on some of the transitions, but it's not really noticeable. It was caused by a bug in the Mackie software and in the digital mixer controller. It is also easily fixed.

norma023
03-04-2005, 01:14 PM
You're taking notes aren't you? 'Cuz the quiz is next week!

Originally posted by Calexico
Seriously I have no idea what is going on here but it is nice watching the tech geeks duke it out!:D

Calexico
03-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by norma023
You're taking notes aren't you? 'Cuz the quiz is next week!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Gonna need a doctor's note that day!

LiladyK
03-04-2005, 03:07 PM

Stop trying to control everything LiladyK, it's not worth it. GLACIER, YOU DON'T GET IT. WHAT IS THE BUNKHOUSE FOR IF NOT FOR THIS? AND YOU ARE A BLIP KING, AND *NOBODY* IS HAPPY W/THAT, NOT JUST ME.....BY THE WAY I'M LISTENING TO THAT PIECE OF SH*T THAT YOU MADE THRU MY HEADPHONES RIGHT NOW. WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING WHEN PATCHING THESE TRACKS TOGETHER?

Everyone here is tired of you expecting everyone to be kind to you, like you deserve it....not just me

<edit> there, is that better? :p

PretentiousWilco
03-04-2005, 03:10 PM
Holy shit you are a PSYHCO!!!!

Wow!!!!

I haven't gotten one complaint of the 40 comments I have received on the shows. In fact, the guy who kindly recorded the show and others have said it sounds better.

So it has a few blips on a few transitions that are barely noticeable. It's easy to fix you freaking crazy woman!

PretentiousWilco
03-04-2005, 03:12 PM
"Hope you didn't spend thousands of $$ on this setup if it introduces blips at the track markers"

Yep. And it's a bug that was corrected with a software update. And if you downloaded it, it is easily fixed with SHN tool or any wav editor. You don't even notice it on most of the tracks. You can't even see the blips in the standard window editor, you have to zoom in.

LiladyK
03-04-2005, 03:12 PM
Once a troll, always a troll, I'm done w/you.....

you better hope that you don't introduce yourself to me in Chicago on Mar. 12th....

PretentiousWilco
03-04-2005, 03:14 PM
just fix the blips nutty.

norma023
03-04-2005, 03:38 PM
or just fix it during the "re-master" process. Fixing it there is the desired method if you going to upload it somewhere, then no one else has to mess with it.... :rolleyes:

You must be new to Sector Boundaries......

Yep. And it's a bug that was corrected with a software update. And if you downloaded it, it is easily fixed with SHN tool or any wav editor.

PretentiousWilco
03-04-2005, 03:43 PM
"or just fix it during the "re-master" process. Fixing it there is the desired method if you going to upload it somewhere, then no one else has to mess with it"

Oh please go cry a river. You have to take 2 minutes to trim a tiny bit of extra blank wav data.

The sound was remastered the program however had an error that added this to each track. You can't even hear it on all the track transitions.

Just relax.

J.P.
03-04-2005, 04:05 PM
I'm not tech savy in the slightest,but i have downloaded both versions of this show from easytree.

When the "original" one was was up so quickly i was doing cartwheels and am so gratefull to cyfan for this,i really enjoyed it and was/am happy with the sound quality of the songs on this recording.

When the "remastered"show was seeded i jumped on that and i think most who have compared the song sound quality on both versions would agree that the clarity, instrument mix and vocal's are much better on the remastered show.......yes there are "blips" present in between some songs,and how this could be fixed i dunno,as i said i'm a tech dummy..(you know that norma;) )
To be name calling names and shouting on this thread saddens me,i for one will be making sure that if i trade this show in future,recievers will have the info regarding both versions and they can take there pick from there.................thats just my 10cents worth:)

GOD BLESS THE TAPERS!!!!!THANK YOU ALL:)

J.P.

norma023
03-04-2005, 04:24 PM
Sure I can do this, but what about the others who have d/l'ed this?

Looking over on EZT, I see this has been downloaded by 60 ppl so far. So there are now 60 people that need to fix this (in whatever method they know of).

Let's do some math here.....60 people times 2 minutes each = 120 minutes (of time is needed for everyone to fix this on their own). Versus this being done ONCE during the re-mastering process.

Ummm, anyone catching my drift here ????

BTW - as part of my "mastering" process, CDWAV is one of the software programs I use. It cuts wav files on Sector Boundaries every time, guaranteed (so that means no blips). Best of all, the software is Free, so no need for a multi-thousand dollar mastering setup to get something correct right off the bat! :P

Oh please go cry a river. You have to take 2 minutes to trim a tiny bit of extra blank wav data. [/B]

lilybandit
03-04-2005, 06:01 PM
"dammit, jim, i'm a doctor...i wouldn't know a wav from a blippity blip, or whatever-the-hell you said!"

PretentiousWilco
03-04-2005, 06:03 PM
Norma, do you even have the show?

norma023
03-04-2005, 10:59 PM
no I don't

but what's that matter?

blips = clicks

do you know what happens to those blips/clicks once they've been extracted/burned 100+ times as they circulate around?

They grow, longer and louder

PretentiousWilco
03-05-2005, 12:55 AM
lol. You havent even heard the show. They are barely noticeable and don't hamper the show at all. It's only on a couple track transitions and is easily fixed. Maybe you comment after you have heard the show. That would seem to be the logical thing to do.

Calexico
03-05-2005, 03:43 PM
You must be new to Sector Boundaries......

Yes I am.....what are the schools and amenities like around here?

Haggischomper
03-05-2005, 04:12 PM
blips = clicks

do you know what happens to those blips/clicks once they've been extracted/burned 100+ times as they circulate around?

They become a new Wilco album? ;)

Calexico
03-05-2005, 04:14 PM

They grow, longer and louder

Like old people?

PretentiousWilco
03-05-2005, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Haggischomper

They become a new Wilco album? ;)

LOL!!!!

:D

norma023
03-07-2005, 10:42 AM
Don't need to listen to the audience version of this.

I've got the stealth board that was made this night. All vocals/instruments are run through the board on this one, and it's not missing the first few seconds as there's like 5 minutes of leader on the recording.

lol. You havent even heard the show. They are barely noticeable and don't hamper the show at all. It's only on a couple track transitions and is easily fixed. Maybe you comment after you have heard the show. That would seem to be the logical thing to do.