PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota dates

cinders
02-26-2005, 12:56 PM
I have just discovered the Jayhawks and now I can't listen to anything else. How could I have not known about them before this???? I am a Minnesota girl and no one told me. Someone make sure I know I next time they play around here.

Haggischomper
02-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by cinders
I have just discovered the Jayhawks and now I can't listen to anything else. How could I have not known about them before this???? I am a Minnesota girl and no one told me. Someone make sure I know I next time they play around here.

Dear Cinders

OK, we'll make sure you go to the ball. But, please, no ugly sisters. And you have to be home by midnight.

Love

Prince Charming xxx

p.s. Welcome to the board!

Calexico
02-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Welcome to the town cinders!!:D

*now about these ugly sisters.....experience tells me they put out....phone numbers? *

cinders
02-26-2005, 04:15 PM
I see you are from Cork. That is my brothers name. Cool!

greekguy
02-26-2005, 05:55 PM
Welcome to our world. It's a pretty good one!

If you like the Jayhawks, pay attention to the OT part of this board, we'll try to turn you onto a bunch of good stuff.

hicktopia
02-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Grand Rapids, huh? The first family vacation I can remember from when I was a kid was a week fishing at Pokegama Lake. How and why we ended up there, I'll never know. Maybe we just drove north until Dad got tired of driving and stopped at the first place that had a cabin available...

Emmylou
02-26-2005, 06:49 PM
Maybe we just drove north until Dad got tired of driving and stopped at the first place that had a cabin available...

Wow!!! fancy...we never got to stay in a cabin....we had a huge canvas 10 man tent!!!

Oh yea....topic

Welcome Cinders!!! No Minnesota dates....we still hope and pray that will change.....but even more so for our friends in Europe and Oz;)

girl incognito
02-26-2005, 07:19 PM

Greetings and salutations cinders. May your time here be filled with fun!! ;)

~Kristy

axeeugene
02-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Emmylou

Wow!!! fancy...we never got to stay in a cabin....we had a huge canvas 10 man tent!!!

LUXURY! We were EVICTED from *our* huge canvas tent! We had to go and live in the lake! And our dad made us work 28 hours a day at mill for tuppence a week, and when he'd get home he'd slash us in two with bread knife!

Dammit. Why is this in the GJD section? Now I have to be on-topic, too.

Keep your eyes peeled for MN dates. It's probably going to be a while. Seems that Spain is a higher priority on some of our favorite band members' minds. Why could THAT be? Jony?

hicktopia
02-26-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Emmylou

This was the first and only time we stayed in a cabin. The next year we went on a tour of the west and everyone slept in the station wagon. Then the next six or seven years we had a tent... small enough that Mom, Dad, and one kid slept side-by-side, the other kid slept lengthwise at their feet.

And to stay on topic... um, if you keep reading this message board you'll hear of Minnesota dates as early as anyone.

illbecominhome
02-26-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by axeeugene

Keep your eyes peeled for MN dates. It's probably going to be a while. Seems that Spain is a higher priority on some of our favorite band members' minds. Why could THAT be? Jony?

Well, bro, you should try by yourself :D Probably a more relaxing way of living may be the key

cinders
02-27-2005, 01:04 AM
Well I guess I don't know your name for sure but you are amusing. I'm sorry for bringing up all those disturbing childhood memories. I live on Pokegama Lake, perhaps the exact location your Dad quit driving. There was never a cabin here but you could have certainly pitched a tent. Those 10 man canvas tents are a bitch! Grand Rapids is only 2.5 hrs from Elk River
which means we are almost in civilization. I can feel it coming. It is inevitable. I hope I don't say ain't at the wrong time. Your bald head is cool but where is the tatoo?

riflesport
02-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Welcome aboard "iron ranger"

Spent many summer up @ the family
cabin on Big Balsam lake.

Seems to me theres a pretty damn good
college hockey coach from that town too. :p

Thor_of_Mpls
02-27-2005, 01:13 AM
I live on Pokegama Lake, perhaps the exact location your Dad quit driving. Crank the Jayhawks up extra loud over Memorial Day Weekend so I can hear it. Every year myself and five other buds do a golf weekend in Grand Rapids at that time, and play Pokegama as well as a few others. Welcome to The Board Cinders.

axeeugene
02-27-2005, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by illbecominhome

Well, bro, you should try by yourself :D Probably a more relaxing way of living may be the key

I hear Spain is considering eliminating support for the 'siesta' to put the nation in line with the rest of the EU and to keep people from having to wait until 22:00 to eat dinner. What do you think? Are Spaniards willing to go along with this? Is this likely to happen? And if it does, how will that change Spain's status as a "relaxing" place?

Wes
02-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Welcome aboard! I hope the Jayhawks or the Louris/Olsen show come up this way to Duluth. Someone told me they played here like back in 99 or something. Anyways cool to have someone else from northern Minnesota on here.

TimmyB
02-28-2005, 12:35 AM
Welcome to the board!