PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Tix still available

Strongbad
02-24-2005, 10:24 AM
Hi all,

A long time lurker here who just registered.

I thought for sure the Chicago Park West show was sold out - but I was wrong. I just picked up 4 tix for the March 12 show.

Just an FYI.

Considering Chitown is a pretty good base for 'hawks fans, etc. I'm surpised this thing wasn't long sold out.

Color me very excited.

Haggischomper
02-24-2005, 10:26 AM
And colour me surprised! 2 mins ago I got my Jam Music weekly email thingy in my Inbox and it shows Olson/Louris as sold out!

PretentiousWilco
02-24-2005, 10:27 AM
strong -where did you get them?

Strongbad
02-24-2005, 10:30 AM
Thru Ticketmaster. Went there out of the blue - was actually searching for ticket brokers in the Chicago area. Decided to do TM first and bam - there they were!

Haggischomper
02-24-2005, 10:34 AM
Looks like you have to be careful what you search under - there are 4 or 5 variations. Search under "Mark Olson & Gary Louris" for the Chi tix. Good luck to those without!

Strongbad
02-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Under "search" I put in "Park West" - that's how the tix turned up for me...

girl incognito
02-24-2005, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Strongbad

I found them and ordered two tickets...but I have to convince my hubby about it. We have friends who live in Chicago area and it would be cool if we could go see them before the show.

~Kristy

brotherzilge
02-24-2005, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Strongbad

I did that same search a couple days ago. It said "Find Tickets Now". I put in how many I wanted and after it searched for a while, it said it couldn't find any.

I just did it again and I got the same results :mad:

It also says this after it says my request is unavailable:

If you are unable to find tickets, be sure to check back often. As the date of the event nears, often times a limited number of tickets may be released.

PretentiousWilco
02-24-2005, 11:26 AM
Im sure the scalpers got most of them.

Angelyne
02-24-2005, 12:05 PM
Sometimes a credit card has been rejected and tix mysteriously become available...it's been happening with the other bird band's NYC tix!

girl incognito
02-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by PretentiousWilco
Im sure the scalpers got most of them.

Well, I know in California scalping is legal. I bought tickets that way out there and boy they are expensive. One way to make a lot of money off of gulible fans.

~Kristy

djoseph451
02-24-2005, 03:59 PM
I tried like nobody's business to get tickets to the Chicago show. It's my hometown - but I live in LA now. Now I'm flying all the way to Nashville for the weekend to see them instead. BALLS.

At least I'm getting to see them at all... what with all the bad noise about the hazy future of the band.