PDA

View Full Version : Are there any studio outtakes circulating?

hester
02-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Are there any studio outtakes circulating from HTH, TTGG, SOL or any more current albums? I have the "Women's Club" disc with "Someone Will", etc. but I haven't seen/heard of anything else which is strange for a band of this calibre.

It would be great to hear alternate versions/outtakes/rehearsals for HTH and TTGG tracks....

greekguy
02-24-2005, 12:18 AM
Women's Club 2 just came out. I hear it has some stuff like that on it.

Can someone pick that up for me, by the way. I am totally good for the cash.

LiladyK
02-24-2005, 08:18 AM
all of that kind of stuff is handled over at the Bunkhouse Trading Post, there's a link to it at the links section of this site.....

Shug
02-24-2005, 08:25 AM
What's the deal on this? Where can it be acquired?

Who's got info on the following tracks, such as when it was recorded, what record it was an outtake from etc.

I'm still going crazy over:

Sleepy Head
Save Me From Myself
Gypsy in The Mood

They fit right in with Desperate Serenade, Trouble, Stick In The Mud, and Its Up To You. I can't stop listening to all of these over and over.

Lenno
02-24-2005, 08:32 AM
The CD can be bought at the shows from the current tour. Support your artists and buy'm at the show.

Sleepy Head: on Big Star single so prob. an outtake for Sound Of Lies

Save Me From Myself: demo recorded for RDM but never used. Was played live and is on the Save It For A Rainy Day single

Gypsy in the Mood: outtake for Smile. is on a pre-release UK version of "Smile" (impossible to find).

Shug
02-24-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks, Lenno!

I'll look for Women's Club II when I see the show in Nashville.

takemewithyou
02-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Here is the track info, etc. on the Women's Club CD Volume 2:

http://www.jayhawksfanpage.com/Jayhawksrarities.html

Smokestack Joe
02-24-2005, 09:51 AM
wow i totally missed Women's Club II, when they mentioned there was a live jayhawks cd for sale at the madison show i figured it was the original Women's Club cd. Do you think they will make this avaiable at Miles of Music like the first one?

muskytoes
02-24-2005, 10:05 AM
There are simply NO DEMO'S floating around from the RDM, SMILE, SOL, TTGG albums...sorry

It's not like WILCO WORLD around here

LiladyK
02-24-2005, 10:55 AM
Hester you have a PM.