PDA

View Full Version : Telecaster

fallen0047
02-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Gosh, my first day on the group and my second post. Yes, he was playing a tele. It was a maple neck, with a SP at the neck and something wierd at the bridge. Also, no fuzface or fulltone. still playing through a Reverb Deluxe.

NY Fan
02-23-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by fallen0047
Gosh, my first day on the group and my second post. Yes, he was playing a tele. It was a maple neck, with a SP at the neck and something wierd at the bridge. Also, no fuzface or fulltone. still playing through a Reverb Deluxe.

Gearspeak. You are my favorite new member.

Been a while since Gary's been seen with a Tele! Guess Stephen McCarthey rubbed off on him a little...

Haggischomper
02-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by NY Fan
Guess Stephen McCarthey rubbed off on him a little...

Don't let Pedal and Emmy hear you say that. You know how filthy their minds are...

GIBSONSG
02-23-2005, 03:41 PM
No Fuzzface?? That is what make's Gary's tone...
Perhaps he is going for a totally different sound on this
tour. I think I read on other posts that he is also playing different guitar parts on some of the older stuff.

Breathing new life into old things is always cool, as long as
the listener is not too set in their ways. I for one can't wait to hear the new twists :D

NY Fan
02-23-2005, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by GIBSONSG
No Fuzzface?? That is what make's Gary's tone...

Actually Gary pretty much gave up the Fuzz Face on the last tour, and only used it sparingly for a reach raunchy, end-of-the-world fuzz.

His main fuzz is/was a vintage Univox Super-Fuzz, which also adds a little octave above the 12th fret. To my ears, it killed the Fuzz Face, and Gary was using it a lot during the last round of electric shows.

-- Glenn