6) Say You'll Be Mine
7) One Man's Problem
8) The Ruins Of East Berlin
9) Walk With Them
10) Still We Have A Friend In You
11) King of Kings
12) Senator Byrd Speech
13) Angelyne
14) Worn Out Cotton Dress ( Gary: "this one goes out to LiladyK....)
15) If You Really Want Me To I'll Go
16) Poor GW
17) Crowded In The Wings
18) Waiting For The Sun
19) Two Hearts
20) Two Angels
21) December's Child
22) Save It For A Rainy Day
23) Over My Shoulder
24) George Bush Industriale
25) Clouds
26) Tailspin
27) The End Of The Highway

Encore:
28) Precious Time
29) See Him On The Street
30) Take Me With You When You Go
31) Five Cups Of Coffee

Words can't express fully the feeling of the evening in Ames last night. The univoice lives! Gary on high harmony again in unison w/Mark as colead......for me, I enjoy this sound much more than the Everly Brothers or Simon and Garfunkel combos, because it's a more realistic, honest and not so overly polished sound. Much sweeter to my ears.

Lots of other fanpagers there: Homegrown, Mystic, BlueAmy, Hicktopia, 2Blue4u, Cootner, Bluesisblood and his 2 buds, Lenno, there were a couple of others, (new names, forgive me!)

Cootner took his pro shots of the show, and after the show took fanpager pics, including a fanpage pic of a group of us w/ M & G, and yes Jony, someone else shot that so Cootner could be in the picture too. :)

Outside the venue, Mystic held up a sign that said "We're Not Glacier", and then we all put on these nametags, ya know the ones that say "Hello" on them already? We wrote "I Am Not Glacier" under the "Hello" part of them, and took a group pic like that just for fun.

About the "Mystery Demo Recordings", they both let me know right after we took our group pic that they appreciated receiving them (and my own thanks to Lenno, he helped me to get a copy of them out to Mark). I thanked them for my song dedication. Then Mark said, "We played some of those mystery songs for you. I noticed you know all the words!". Then, I thanked them again.

Razz Rocks on that fiddle, and Ray did a fine job on drums :cool:

Wish we could be in Madison tonight.

We can hardly wait for the Chicago show..........

There's just no more to say really, except that the experience made my dreams come true (finally hearing/seeing these two live on the same stage co-leading for the first time, because I didn't find out about them until 1999). My personal thing was, if I was ever on my death bed, that'd be my last wish, as I never experienced it before, and always wanted to.

Ohhhh...THANK YOU to M & G for just being who you naturally are, and for all you've given to all of us for so many years. No matter what musical paths either of you choose in the future, we'll always be there cheering you on for your continued happiness and success!

Love,
Mr. and Mrs. LiladyK

illbecominhome
02-19-2005, 06:04 PM
Nice review Kim, thanks. Hope to see those pics too :)

girl incognito
02-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Cootner took his pro shots of the show, and after the show took fanpager pics, including a fanpage pic of a group of us w/ M & G, and yes Jony, someone else shot that so Cootner could be in the picture too. :)

Lil ladyK...that was my hubby Justin who helped Cootner with the photo. I'm just glad he knew what he was doing. I hope that the photo of all of us came out OK.

Luv,
Kristy

Calexico
02-20-2005, 10:07 AM
Great review Kim...as usual done with the head and the heart!

Loved the bit about all the 'I'm not Glacier' badges!!:D

Can't wait to see the pics of y'all....sounds like a truly great night and I am getting more jealous by the minute!!

cohenmpls
02-21-2005, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by girl incognito
I hope that the photo of all of us came out OK. here ye go...

Calexico
02-21-2005, 04:49 AM
Nice pic Stephen,any chance of a roll call of names to go with the faces?

Lenno
02-21-2005, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Calexico
Nice pic Stephen,any chance of a roll call of names to go with the faces?

that would be (from left to right)

Coot, Blueamy, Mr. LiladyK (I think), mystic_spiral, Kristy (girlincognito), LiladyK and three other dudes.

Haggischomper
02-21-2005, 10:25 AM
LiladyK? Surely you mean Bonnie Raitt?

norma023
02-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Haha - LOL !!!
:D

Originally posted by Haggischomper

girl incognito
02-21-2005, 01:51 PM

She does look a bit like Bonnie. LiladyK is a sweetheart. It was nice of her to want me in the group photo because until after the concert I had yet to post anything here and I was a lerker.

~Kristy

mystic_spiral_3
02-21-2005, 02:48 PM
Thanks for posting the picture!

LiladyK does kind of look like Bonnie Raitt, now that it's been mentioned.

Kristy, you were hours away from joining the club, so of course you'd be included in the picture!

I want to see the "We're not Glacier" picture too.

girl incognito
02-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by mystic_spiral_3
Thanks for posting the picture!

LiladyK does kind of look like Bonnie Raitt, now that it's been mentioned.

Kristy, you were hours away from joining the club, so of course you'd be included in the picture!

I want to see the "We're not Glacier" picture too.

Awww thanks Mystic!!! I want to see the We're not Glacier picture too. :D

~Kristy

Emmylou
02-21-2005, 08:24 PM
hey there~!!!

WELCOME to your new home away from home.....I see you have found your way around. Please make yourself comfy and stay a while....

ENJOY~

Emmy

girl incognito
02-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Emmylou
hey there~!!!

WELCOME to your new home away from home.....I see you have found your way around. Please make yourself comfy and stay a while....

ENJOY~

Emmy

Awww thanks Emmy! That was really sweet of you! :)

Luv,
Kristy

LiladyK
02-23-2005, 02:07 PM
Thanks for posting the group pic!

Ok, so....see how Mark is looking at me like he's gonna laugh or something, as the picture is being taken?

(I think) That's because Gary had just said "Is that LiladyK standing in front of me?"

I believe that just then, Mark turns his head to look at me and grins like that, and it was caught in the pic :p

Cuz immediately after that, that's when Mark said to me "we played some of those mystery songs for you, I noticed you know all the words"

BONNIE RAITT? never been told that before.....:p

Yes, that's Mr. LiladyK (Scott) that is next to Gary....and Lenno is the one at the far right, next to Mark

LiladyK
02-23-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by girl incognito

She does look a bit like Bonnie. LiladyK is a sweetheart. It was nice of her to want me in the group photo because until after the concert I had yet to post anything here and I was a lerker.

~Kristy

aw shucks, thanks.....and I loved meeting you.......of course you should be in the fanpage family pic!!

Love,
the board mama
X X X O O O

girl incognito
02-23-2005, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by LiladyK

aw shucks, thanks.....and I loved meeting you.......of course you should be in the fanpage family pic!!

Love,
the board mama
X X X O O O

Awww thanks sweetie!

~Kristy
oxoxo

blueamy
02-24-2005, 06:36 PM
Hey everyone!

Sorry to have been such a stranger--but I've been working way too much. Thanks, Coot, for the pic--I love it and I'm glad you could be in it.:) I'd also like to see the "Glacier" pic, Lilady... It was so good to see/meet you all.:)

~blueamy

Calexico
02-25-2005, 04:47 AM
Many pairs of spectacles in that picture.

That's all...just an observation.:D

Lenno
02-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Many pairs of spectacles in that picture.

That's all...just an observation.:D

Funny you should mention that. Us fanpagers discussed that night that most Jayhawks fans with glasses have very cool design glasses. Mine is Gucci so you can't go wrong there. Now only a face that matches it...

illbecominhome
02-25-2005, 08:32 AM
LOL, someone said that about mine too :D Mine are Calvin Klein ;)

LiladyK
02-25-2005, 09:16 AM
...is on one of those throw away cameras kind of near the beginning, so I have to wait to use up the rest of the film in it before I can develop it.....

still waiting to get a specific digital camera.....Mr. LiladyK is being picky about the exact model that he wants to get, and it is coming out in stores only near the end of this month, so I didn't have it yet that night

must be the way the flash of Coot's camera was reflecting off of my auburn hair that makes me look like Bonnie Raitt.....I don't have a big grey streak in the front like she does or anything like that:eek:

Calexico
02-25-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by illbecominhome
LOL, someone said that about mine too :D Mine are Calvin Klein ;)

Man are we a bunch of label freaks or what...mine are Armani.:rolleyes:

Haggischomper
02-25-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by LiladyK
must be the way the flash of Coot's camera was reflecting off of my auburn hair that makes me look like Bonnie Raitt.....I don't have a big grey streak in the front like she does or anything like that:eek:

I think Bonnie dyes that grey streak in just to make her look cool - I know that's what I do with mine. :p

Calexico
02-25-2005, 10:09 AM

I think Bonnie dyes that grey streak in just to make her look cool - I know that's what I do with mine. :p

Want to change that dye Andy...you don't look a bit like Bonnie Raitt.

Haggischomper
02-25-2005, 10:15 AM
you don't look a bit like Bonnie Raitt.

I know. I really ought to shave my legs more often.