PDA

View Full Version : Helsinki concert

kantriratto
03-20-2004, 06:43 PM
Great gig, can't write more 'til tomorrow morning 'cause I'm all cried and shouted out. Wowee! You guys shoulda heard the ripping version of Cry Siter. Stephen on Fuzz pedal steell! Unbeliavable!

I'm attaching the setlist (notice it's signed by Louris!!!). I believe this was Stephen's pedal steel-list, and its xeroxed, with a few songs drawn over in felt tip and then altered. The last song, as I said before, was a great version of Cry Sister. We also heard an amazing Sound of Lies as an encore. Lotsa rapport and a great vibe altogether throughout the gig.

Wish you couldha been there!
________
Herbalaire (http://vaporizers.net/herbalaire-vaporizer)

kantriratto
03-20-2004, 06:58 PM
My attachment was too fookin big. I'll try again. Patience please.
________
Wr426 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Yamaha_WR426)

Dylan
03-21-2004, 06:03 AM
The progressive Sister Cry was amasing! Jayhawks meets early Pink Floyd! Now I really beleave that Helsinki is a special place for them.

Anodyne
03-21-2004, 01:18 PM
So cool! Glad you had a great time. I love when people from so far away (from America) post their impressions of the Jayhawks concerts.

lakeside
03-21-2004, 01:34 PM
I was there also. An amazing gig. Earlier that week i saw the Stockholm gig and sorry Swedes, you lost 100-0. Stockholm was not bad but Helsinki...Wow!

For starters, the place was sold out. Audience sang along. The set list was just amazing, highlights being "sound of lies" "blue" and "bad time". On "bad time", Marc and Stephen changed instruments with each other!

And the second encore, Sister Cry. They already put the lights on for a sign that the gig was over but the band came back and did a helluva 10min. version of Sister cry. Speechless.

And i got the chance to chat with Gary after the gig.

The band were not bullshitting saying that Helsinki is a special place for them. Thank you!

lakeside
03-21-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi Kantriratto! We talked yesterday, thank you for posting the setlist. I had done my version but didnt have the correct running order, but heres my version. Rokkimies and others, correct if im wrong. Im not sure about Queen of the world and the place of Think about it and sound of lies.

Helsinki 03/20/2004
Stumbling through the dark
Angelyne
Jennifer save me
Take me with you
Nothing left to borrow
Trouble
Save it for a rainy day
What led me to this town
Queen of the world
Tampa to Tulsa
Waiting for the sun
Sixteen down
Two hearts
Wichita
All the right reasons
Expecting to fly
Im gonna make you love me
Dont let the world get in your way
Id run away
Blue
1st encore
Settled down like rain
Sound of lies
Think about it
Bad time
Tailspin
2nd encore
Sister Cry

Lenno
03-21-2004, 11:47 PM
Bad Time! Great stuff. Thanks for the impressions

rokkimies
03-22-2004, 01:38 AM
Originally posted by lakeside
[B]Rokkimies and others, correct if im wrong. Im not sure about Queen of the world and the place of Think about it and sound of lies.B]

I can't remember exactly the correct order, but the lists shown here sure seem to be the same as my memory.

My feelings about the gig... well.. one word--> MINDBLOWING.
I couldn't believe my ears when Gary started to play "Two Hearts" and of course "Bad Time" is something that I never thought I'd hear live.

Also Stephen and his Lap-Steel was like a warm breeze of summer wind to my ears. The Sold out Tavastia Club thanks and and same goes with me.

Fellas! Come back anytime.

MidnightSun
03-22-2004, 05:51 AM
I thought it was fantastic, the highlight for me was definately 'Bad Time'. I think it was the same for others as the applause after that song was deafening and seemed the biggest of the night. Saying that, the applause after every song was really enthusiastic.

I've not been in Helsinki very long and not to the tavastia club before but i thought it was a really nice mid sized venue, quite a small cosy stage. I was upstairs and had a good view from the sloping balcony It shows how good the band was that they kept the full attention of a sold out 700 audience for two hours and without any gimmicks or theatrics - just good music. I was also surprised how many people were singing along with the words.

I think Finland loves The Jayhawks!

rokkimies
03-22-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by MidnightSun
I thought it was fantastic, the highlight for me was definately 'Bad Time'. I think it was the same for others as the applause after that song was deafening and seemed the biggest of the night. Saying that, the applause after every song was really enthusiastic.

I think Finland loves The Jayhawks! And the other way round also ! =)