PDA

View Full Version : 9:30 Club 1/21/04

chrisinmd
01-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Gary kept saying during the show that they have too many songs, and he wanted to play them all.

Songs played - no particular order -

Baltimore Sun (BE) - Gary played his acoustic guitar and Stephen played banjo
Waiting for the Sun (HTH) - Performed Zeppelin-ish - really loud - lots of guitar solo
Sister Cry (HTH) - Last song of the night - they extended this one out to about 8 minutes - lots of jamming - psychedelia - etc. - these guys can jam as good, if not better, than any band I have seen
Settled Down Like Rain (HTH) - Stripped down, acoustic and slower
Crowded in the Wings (HTH) - Maybe - I think they played this one
Wichita (HTH) - Last played 8 yrs ago - I think Gary said this was the first time they played this one in over 8 yrs
Nevada California (HTH)
Blue (TTGG) - Mid set
I'd Run Away (TTGG) - Played during the encore - or very close to the end
Real Light (TTGG) - Rockin' - real loud
Pray for Me (TTGG)
Think About it (TTGG) - Gary played the Flying V on this one and the next, which was...
Haywire (SOL)
Bottomless Cup (SOL)
A Break in the Clouds (Smile)
Queen of the World (Smile)
Baby Baby Baby (Smile) - Last song of the reg set
Stumbling through the Dark (RDM) - Show opener
Tailspin (RDM) - Played during the encore
All the Right Reasons (RDM)
Save it for a Rainy Day (RDM)
Angelyne (RDM)
Tampa to Tulsa (RDM)
Fools on Parade (RDM)
Save Me From Myself (RDM) - 1st time played - SIFARD B-side.

Sorry for the album info next to each song. I originally sent this list to someone who wasn't as familiar with the music.

Chris

Ordinarygirl
01-22-2004, 06:44 PM
Sigh. What a great setlist. Now you've got me humming "idle days, idle days...." Thanks for the recap.

CaffeineZombie
01-22-2004, 07:20 PM
wow. And "Save Me From Myself" and
"Pray For Me"!!!

what's next? "Over My Shoulder"?!!

ssn1026
01-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by chrisinmd
Gary kept saying during the show that they have too many songs, and he wanted to play them all.

Songs played - no particular order -

Baltimore Sun (BE) - Gary played his acoustic guitar and Stephen played banjo
Waiting for the Sun (HTH) - Performed Zeppelin-ish - really loud - lots of guitar solo
Sister Cry (HTH) - Last song of the night - they extended this one out to about 8 minutes - lots of jamming - psychedelia - etc. - these guys can jam as good, if not better, than any band I have seen
Settled Down Like Rain (HTH) - Stripped down, acoustic and slower
Crowded in the Wings (HTH) - Maybe - I think they played this one
Wichita (HTH) - Last played 8 yrs ago - I think Gary said this was the first time they played this one in over 8 yrs
Nevada California (HTH)
Blue (TTGG) - Mid set
I'd Run Away (TTGG) - Played during the encore - or very close to the end
Real Light (TTGG) - Rockin' - real loud
Pray for Me (TTGG)
Think About it (TTGG) - Gary played the Flying V on this one and the next, which was...
Haywire (SOL)
Bottomless Cup (SOL)
A Break in the Clouds (Smile)
Queen of the World (Smile)
Baby Baby Baby (Smile) - Last song of the reg set
Stumbling through the Dark (RDM) - Show opener
Tailspin (RDM) - Played during the encore
All the Right Reasons (RDM)
Save it for a Rainy Day (RDM)
Angelyne (RDM)
Tampa to Tulsa (RDM)
Fools on Parade (RDM)
Save Me From Myself (RDM) - 1st time played - SIFARD B-side.

Sorry for the album info next to each song. I originally sent this list to someone who wasn't as familiar with the music.

Chris....I don't remember the Hawks playing Crowded in the Wings last night. The only song you missed was Jennifer Save Me. It was truly an awesome show. Playing Save Me From Myself was a pleasant surprise. Now I'm hoping to hear I'm Your Man at the Keswick show. This song would sound excellent & fit very easily into their set. I'll have to wait & see what surprises are in store come Saturday.
Chris

chrisinmd
01-23-2004, 08:43 AM
my mistake. sorry. yup - it was a cool show - perhaps the best i've seen them play. i wish i was going to the rest of the shows.

chris

dsh5p
01-23-2004, 11:02 AM
Yeah, the 9:30 show was incredible. I'm biased, of course, but the mood was perfect. Perhaps Gary set the tone by coming out with a glass of red wine (everyone, does he do that often?). I'm still not a big fan of their tendency of late to end shows with a bloated version of sister cry, but that's just me. Chrisinmd thanks for the setlist (though did anyone take one in eact order?). Baltimore was the absolute highlight.