PDA

View Full Version : Toronto - Massey Hall 10/13

Dug4dice
10-15-2003, 09:51 AM
Sorry this is late but spent a couple extra days in Toronto. Saw them open for Kathleen Edwards and Blue Rodeo this past August but this show was not the atypical opening act show. A lot fewer RDM songs and a bonus in no particular order, as I remeber:

Stumblin through the dark
Save it for a rainy day
Expecting to Fly
Clouds
Better Days (with an intro from Gary about writing this during a stay in Toronto)
One man's problem
Waiting for the sun (killer electric version)
Blue
All the right reasons
Sister Cry

Crowd wanted an encore but this was another night when The Jayhawks and Lucindas were on a curfew. But another big time bonus came when Lucinda called Gary out to do harmony on Essence. When the vocals finished and the band was still jamming, Lucinda took her guitar off and handed it to Gary, who strapped it on as she wound the band up for a few more bars, then Gary and her guitarisr Doug jammed for about 5 minutes. CLASSIC!!! and obviouslt impromtu.........

Dug4dice
10-15-2003, 10:18 AM
just realized I forgot Angelyne..........

cohenmpls
10-17-2003, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Dug4dice
...big time bonus came when Lucinda called Gary out to do harmony on Essence. When the vocals finished and the band was still jamming, Lucinda took her guitar off and handed it to Gary, who strapped it on as she wound the band up for a few more bars, then Gary and her guitarisr Doug jammed for about 5 minutes. CLASSIC!!! and obviouslt impromtu.........

i'd listen to a tape of that.

bluerodeo
10-24-2003, 11:14 PM
about the "Killer Electric Version" of "Waiting for the Sun......

Does anybody have a download of a more "electric" live version of this tune....I've heard a few poor quality tapes.....and from what I can hear, its an awesome rendition.

I wish I made the T.O. show....but after the Blue Rodeo fiasco in August, I stayed away. I'll catch them when they come through as a headliner.

Glad to hear they left the crowd wanting more.