PDA

View Full Version : 10/5/03 Pearl Street; Northampton, MA.

ceddy10165
10-06-2003, 11:41 AM
The Jayhawks
10/5/03
Pearl Street;
Northampton, MA.

1. Stumbling In The Dark
2. All The Right Reasons
3. What Led Me To This Town
4. Take Me With You (When You Go)
5. Clouds
6. Two Hearts
7. Eyes Of Sarajane
8. Save It For A Rainy Day
9. Better Days
10. Will I See You In Heaven
11. Waiting For The Sun
12. Sixteen Down
13. Haywire
14. Bottomless Cup
15. Different Drum (Michael Nesmith)
16. Angelyne
17. Tampa To Tulsa
18. I'd Run Away

1. Blue
Encore:
2. The Baltimore Sun
3. Expecting To Fly (Neil Young)
4. Jennifer Save Me
5. Tailspin
6. Sister Cry

Lenno
10-06-2003, 01:16 PM
thank you. Nice that they played Jennifer Save Me. How did they played it, not with a moog right?

jimmyp
10-06-2003, 01:27 PM
one addendum to the setlist above- the first song of the encore was settled down like rain (acoustic, as was baltimore sun. both awesome, I might add).

Northampton is a hike from Boston (about 90 min), but listening to the red sox win on the radio made the trip go pretty quickly (despite almost driving off the road at the end of the game). Pearl Street is a cool club- Wasn't so sure about it at first (has kind of a VFW hall feel to it), but ended up very happy with it. Good views of the stage from everywhere, and the acoustics were great.

Last night was about as good as I've ever heard the Jayhawks sound. For some reason every time I see them the person working the soundboard doesn't seem to do such a good job, but everything was mixed perfectly last night. Setlist was great (only other song I wanted was trouble), and so good to finally hear Baltimore Sun, Jennifer Save me, 16 down. And I'm now thoroughly convinced that Better Days is the best jayhawks song ever recorded. Clouds with Tim on vocals was a treat as well, never heard that before.

All in all a great show, easily the best plugged in Jayhawks show I've seen. Great venue, good sound, surprising lack of idiots talking during the soft songs, and the band was about as on as I've ever seen them. Wasn't going to go to the Lucinda show in Boston, but after last night I may have to….