PDA

View Full Version : Live From The Women's Club, volumes 1 & 2 CDs back in print

sacred roots
12-10-2016, 12:17 PM
After more than a decade of being out of print, the 2 "official bootleg" Live From The Women's Club CDs have been reissued.

http://jayhawksofficial.tumblr.com/post/154255640638/jayhawks-womens-club-official-bootleg-live-cds

The Jayhawks on-line merch store is currently having a 15% sale so they're available for $10.20 each. After the sale ends on 12/16 they'll be $12 each / 2 for $20. No need to pay collectors prices if you've been looking for these very worthwhile documents of the 2002 "Acoustic Trio" tour. Both volumes also feature studio bonus tracks, including a take of "Someone Will," the original version of "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me."

http://stores.portmerch.com/jayhawksofficial/

They will also be available at the 12/29 First Ave show

http://event.etix.com/ticket/online/performanceSale.do?performance_id=7840043&method=restoreToken

ChiefCrowe
12-12-2016, 10:54 AM
nice! very cool! do you know if they're also available in digital format?

sacred roots
12-12-2016, 03:42 PM
nice! very cool! do you know if they're also available in digital format?

The live tracks probably will be. Probably no on the studio bonus tracks since most of them have been previously released officially on reissues, anthologies and b-sides.

jebstuart
12-12-2016, 09:28 PM
I love the studio version of Desperate Serenade. I believe it is on Women's Club recordings. One of the best from Gary. I remember hearing a live version of this song a long time ago on some long lost tape I had. It was even better than the studio version. Just one of the great Gary love sick songs that make you ache. It strikes a mood that you can't forget. Any back stories to this long lost Jayhawks gem?

Runningpotleaf
12-13-2016, 12:05 PM
I seem to recall these discs being made track-at-once, as in the 'source' disc used to make the official release had the gaps in it. But a definitive 2 second gap of silence between songs. Is that still the case on these re-issues?

sacred roots
12-13-2016, 05:52 PM
The discs are actually left over from the original run so, yes, there are gaps between the tracks. As it states in the credits: "This performance has been edited." The gaps are there for two reasons. 1) The setlist for the show was split over 2 discs and neither portion is a continuous chunk. While the songs on volume 1 follow the chronological order of the original setlist, a few of the songs on volume 2 are out of order. 2) Most of the between song material was edited out for space reasons and to make things flow better. There were also some light post-recording treatments (mostly EQ) used to make everything sound better so the "official bootleg" description is also slightly misleading if you're comparing it to the kind of raw recordings that exist in trading circles.

For those keeping score, here's how the setlist was split up over the two volumes.

Volume 1 (17 songs)
1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 10, 11, 14-17, 19, 21-24, 27

Volume 2 (11 songs)
2, 5, 8, 20, 12, 13, 18, 9, 26, 25, 28

I'm Gonna Make You Love Me
One Man's Problem
Nothing Left to Borrow
Driving Wheel
What Led Me to This Town
Crowded In The Wings
Say You'll Be Mine
The Man Who Loved Life
Jennifer Save Me
Save It for a Rainy Day
Two Hearts
Somewhere in Ohio
Settled Down Like Rain
Smile
Trouble
Bottomless Cup
Tailspin
Angelyne
I'd Run Away
Tampa to Tulsa
A Break in the Clouds
Blue
ENCORE
Waiting for the Sun
Sound of Lies
Rotterdam (All the Right Reasons)
Clouds
Sister Cry
Reason to Believe

Piemel
09-16-2017, 04:12 PM
I wish they would do this tour again.... to this day my favorite Jayhawks CD that gets played most often