PDA

View Full Version : Belly Up 7/24/16

Oleo
07-25-2016, 02:33 AM
Great Jayhawks show tonight at the Belly Up in Solana Beach CA. Excellent setlist in general and after many near misses I finally got to hear Bottomless Cup live. It was a very enthusiastic audience. I really hope they make the show available online like they did last time because I think this show was actually better. Chet Lyster is such a tremendous addition. Thats been a bit of a revolving door position for them but he needs to be made permanent.

Oleo
08-12-2016, 01:07 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of this show being released like their last show was? I checked the website and the Jayhawks appeared to be the top seller so I'm sure the venue would be happy about a sequel.

ChiefCrowe
08-16-2016, 02:20 PM
I agree.. releasing the show would be awesome. seems like a no brainer!

Oleo
08-18-2016, 10:02 PM
Belly Up says they didn't record the latest show. Disappointing.

sacred roots
08-19-2016, 12:59 AM
Belly Up says they didn't record the latest show. Disappointing.

That isn't true. The show was recorded and is currently being mixed. Next step: review and approval.

Onnel
08-19-2016, 07:45 PM
That isn't true. The show was recorded and is currently being mixed. Next step: review and approval.

Nice...it will be my chance to experience the Jayhawks version 20.16 :) live.

ChiefCrowe
08-22-2016, 12:51 PM
Such good news, thank you!!

Oleo
08-22-2016, 10:17 PM
That's great news. I asked them via their Facebook post announcing the release of the opening set. Word must not have reached their social media person. I thought it was a slightly odd answer to say they didn't record it since it would cost them nothing to do so. Maybe they don't want to lessen demand for the one they're currently selling.

mykstermagic
08-29-2016, 04:17 PM
Still think a great companion to the previous Belly Up show would have been a dvd / download of the Yahoo Live! gig from Minneapolis - would also make a great merch table item I think.

Hope the 2016 Belly Up gets released - we are getting spoilt aren't we :)