PDA

View Full Version : Comeback Kids

Oleo
03-17-2016, 06:11 PM
Just listened to Comeback Kids, the new preview track at pledge music. What an interesting direction for a Jayhawks tune! To my ear it doesn't really sound like anything else they've done and it's also really great. It's so rare to hear an established band try something different and actually enjoy the experience. Usually bands at this stage either stick to the formula or fail at trying to be something they're not. I'm getting more and more excited about this release.

northoftheborder
03-17-2016, 10:12 PM
Wow...Might be the best the tune in a really long time..Holy ear worm...

This one needs a video....Promise it is going to end up in a movie soundtrack at some point.
Love the keyboard
Time to come back to Van....

DJS43
03-18-2016, 09:09 AM
Really good! This song would have fit in well on Smile.

theweekend
03-24-2016, 11:07 PM
Just listened to Comeback Kids, the new preview track at pledge music. What an interesting direction for a Jayhawks tune! To my ear it doesn't really sound like anything else they've done and it's also really great. It's so rare to hear an established band try something different and actually enjoy the experience. Usually bands at this stage either stick to the formula or fail at trying to be something they're not. I'm getting more and more excited about this release.

Just listened to it on YouTube. Channeling Summerteeth-era Wilco. Good song. Should be an interesting album.