PDA

View Full Version : Au Pair

jebstuart
01-11-2016, 10:53 PM
After a bit of hemming and hawing I finally got Au Pair on vinyl. I think it is a terrific album. I plan to see Au Pair in late January in Vienna Va. If you have not pulled the trigger on Au Pair yet go ahead and do so. You will not be disappointed.

JoMama
01-12-2016, 10:15 AM
After a bit of hemming and hawing I finally got Au Pair on vinyl. I think it is a terrific album. I plan to see Au Pair in late January in Vienna Va. If you have not pulled the trigger on Au Pair yet go ahead and do so. You will not be disappointed.

Let me amplify that for sure! I listened to the stream that was up just before release and I had to remind myself to have ZERO expectations regarding side projects. So then I bought the download for the convenience of being able to take it portable on the MP3 unit.
BINGO!
And, just as I'm getting familiar with the songs they came through the area, so I have now enjoyed the entire album performed live. For those of you near the other upcoming Au Pair dates, I highly recommend you take in one of these shows. I have a review of the show to post in the live reviews section, so I'll put in my 25 cents there.
buy the album, it's terrific...

ChiefCrowe
01-12-2016, 11:33 AM
I definitely enjoyed their album. Need to listen more.

Was looking for their official page and I guess they don't have one but found this:
http://www.last.fm/music/Au+Pair

They're not the only Au Pair it seems!

jebstuart
01-13-2016, 08:13 PM
Not many things are cool anymore. But Au Pair is...At first glance I thought One Armed Candy Pair was a very successful "less is more" approach. But as I listen to this more and more I delighted with the layers and richness of the sound achieved. I played the Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" right after listening to this. I was impressed with the similar subtle sounds in both records. Pink Floyd had a knack for this too. Big Star Sister Lovers is like One Armed Candy Bear at times too. End result is super music that I will be listening to for a long time.