PDA

View Full Version : Recent updates

sacred roots
12-17-2015, 05:03 PM
Just posted on the band's FB page:

A few updates...

The PledgeMusic campaign for our new album is still going strong but won't last forever. At some point before the release date (which, hopefully, will be next spring) the campaign will end. Remember, the only way you can obtain an expanded Deluxe Edition of the new album (digital, CD or vinyl) with outtakes and demos is by pre-ordering through PledgeMusic. There are also exclusive t-shirt and hat options, bundled packages and we've recently added some handwritten lyric sheets, too. Pre-ordering through PledgeMusic also gives you exclusive access to regular multimedia updates during the campaign. Over the last few months, these updates have featured song preview videos, interviews, photo galleries and there's plenty more to come.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/thejayhawks

Speaking of the new album, all of the recording and mixing is done, the mastering process is in the final stages and the artwork/packaging is 98% completed. We can't wait for everyone to hear it.

Our concert calendar is pretty lean right now. We've got a special hometown show coming up on January 2, 2016 at First Avenue & 7th St Entry and we'll be performing the second week of the Todos Santos Music Festivall later in January. But fear not, we're committed to full-scale touring once the new album comes out so there will be plenty of chances to see us in 2016 and 2017.

Finally, The Jayhawks will be moving forward in 2016 as a four piece. Kraig Johnson is leaving to pursue his many musical projects, including Run Westy Run, Iffy, and The Program. Minnesotans take note: Run Westy Run (Dec 25) and Iffy (Dec 26-27) will be performing 3 consecutive nights in the 7th St Entry over the Christmas holiday weekend. We as always support Kraig and wish him nothing but success.

ChiefCrowe
12-21-2015, 10:33 AM
Thanks for the update. Missed this one as i don't check their page often enough I guess!

Happy to hear the concert news and it's nice that they have lyric sheets added too!! If you've already pledged how do you adjust your pledge to add something else, do you know?
I wasn't able to find that.

Sorry to hear Kraig is leaving. I really loved the lineup with him in it!!!

CaffeineZombie
12-30-2015, 02:03 PM
That's a bummer that Kraig's leaving, but not a surprise.

Will they get McCarthy back? Is Jim Boquist available?!

mykstermagic
01-05-2016, 05:14 PM
Wish Kraig all the best - the SOL era lineup remains my favourite.

That said, I'm super excited for 2016 - and hope this time they Jayhawks can make their mark!!