PDA

View Full Version : Mark Olsonīs gig in Bilbao 6-11-2015

zebulon
11-07-2015, 02:32 PM
My hometown and where I live, Bilbao, is a town in the Basque Country, in the north of Spain. Mark Olson played here last night, just 3 minutes walk from my flat. The place he played at is by the river, and before the gig I went out with my wife for a walk, approached the venue and saw Mark, Inguun and the Spaniard guy who is helping them in this tour going for the sound check. Greeted them and Markīs answer was : we are ready to rock.

And then, the gig: Poor turn out, around 60? Thatīs what a friend of mine of mine told me. Friday night, midtown, some other events going on, but still think that just a turn out of around 60 people for a Mark Olsonīs concert seems poor.
An the tickets in advance were just 10 euros!

I have seen Mark solo live sometimes, some of them great. Last nightīs was fine. Always good to see him. Last nightīs gig was a mixture of songs from Goodbye-Lizelle, old solo songs and Jayhawks songs (Pray for me, Blue, Two Angels, Over my Shoulder).

Runningpotleaf
11-18-2015, 12:15 PM
awesome, more MO love in the General Discussion section! ;D

Thanks for the review, hopefully others were able to see some of this shows as well!