08-28-2015, 08:19 AM
2 shows same night (early and late)

I think tickets are on sale today

Oct 21, 2015
Dakota Jazz Club

With Ingunn Ringvold and Danny Frankel

and not mention a whopping tour!

08-28-2015, 10:35 AM
yep, tickets on sale now, and they are going fast!

08-28-2015, 12:22 PM
got tickets for the 7pm set, figured that ought to be enough as the "2nd show" for stuff like this are typically repeated sets.

Out of curiosity though I went back to the ticket site and selected the 9pm show but it took me to the 7pm order site. Tried a couple times and same thing.

So maybe there is just ONE show with 2 sets ??

sacred roots
08-29-2015, 12:04 PM
Reminder about tickets for the Dakota: all of those tickets in front of the stage on the main floor - tables and booths at the back - are reserved initially for Dakota "members" and dinner reservations which is why it appears they have been sold already (if you're a member and sign in to the ticket site those seats are currently available). At some point before the show - maybe a week or so - they will be released to everyone. Also, I've heard from friends that sometimes a well-timed, polite call to the box office will result in getting these primo seats released to us normal folk. It's a goofy system for sure, and one that makes it tougher for non-members to get the best seats, one of the few things about that place I'm not terribly fond of.

Not sure why tickets aren't available for the second show. Their calendar clearly indicates 2 shows on that date.

09-01-2015, 02:07 PM
just called the box office and the gal there said there is only one show. But then I mentioned that on their calendar web page it indeed appears to be 2 shows (7pm and 9pm) however there is no way to order any tickets for show # 2.

Said she would inquire on her end and get the web site changed as need be....

sacred roots
09-01-2015, 03:21 PM
I just checked and a handful of the previously reserved "primo" seats on the main floor are now showing as available, including a pair right on the edge of the stage in front.

09-03-2015, 08:46 AM
they fixed the ticket ordering page so you can now buy tickets for the 9pm set

09-12-2015, 04:11 PM
It's Olson. Who the hell cares? :p

09-13-2015, 01:10 PM

well when tickets are $30/ea, it'd be nice to know if that gets you into both sets or not (sometimes it does)

09-14-2015, 07:11 AM

:p c'mon, play nice

09-24-2015, 08:37 AM
another MN date was announced:

Little Pond Presents

Mark Olson
Fri, Oct 23, 2015
Northfield, MN

sure not exactly where the show is at, but thinking it may be a house party of sort ?

10-09-2015, 01:02 PM
not related or anything but this looks like a good (enough) thread to tack this onto....

Joseph Arthur
with special guest Kraig Jarret Johnson

Dakota Jazz Club

Date: Saturday, Nov 28, 2015
Time: 8:00pm
Cost: $20

sacred roots
10-17-2015, 07:37 PM
As I predicted, a bunch of primo seats for the Olson show at the Dakota are now showing on the seat map as being available to the general public.

It also looks like the second show has been scrubbed - it's not listed on their calendar page anymore. You can select the second show on their ticketing site but it shows no seats available.

10-23-2015, 08:39 AM
Why is this subject not in the OT section?

10-28-2015, 09:32 AM
What, a founding member of the band can't be talked about here? Are you part of the same camp Icehaid is in or what?

Not much else going on on this site, so what else you going to talk about? Don't see any issues about it myself